FL RB Trey Sanders

Good for you. I am sure you’ll sleep better tonight knowing you diffused a very general statement. My point is that qb and lineman are prized above all and the days of drafting RB heavy in the first round are over. RBs are an economy buy in drafts now….late 2nd round and later
QBs and OTs have been prioritized over RBs for a minute now. It's not a new trend

Good for you. I am sure you’ll sleep better tonight knowing you diffused a very general statement. My point is that qb and lineman are prized above all and the days of drafting RB heavy in the first round are over. RBs are an economy buy in drafts now….late 2nd round and later

I agree with you that teams shouldn't, although some still do. Bijon Robinson is projected as a top 5 pick, but I'd never draft a RB in the 1st round. Or a WR unless he was a Randy Moss type.

So other than he has been at Bama and was a former 5*, what would be the reason we should go after this guy?
So by your reasoning...

LSU shouldn't have taken Joe Burrow as he was a former 4* and didn't perform at Ohio State?

Or Hendon Hooker for us?

Just because he didn't play much at Alabama doesn't mean he isn't a good running back.

So by your reasoning...

LSU shouldn't have taken Joe Burrow as he was a former 4* and didn't perform at Ohio State?

Or Hendon Hooker for us?

Just because he didn't play much at Alabama doesn't mean he isn't a good running back.

And just because he comes from Bama and is a former 5* doesn’t mean he is a good player either. Oh and Hooker produced at VT. Not like at TN it he produced. I will give you Burrow.

He still produced. What has Sanders produced?
You know any player that got benched on another team, you would be all over them about picking them up in the portal. The poster was making a valid point. To be fair, this guy has produced about as much as Kamara before he came here. Doesn't mean much one way or the other.

And just because he comes from Bama and is a former 5* doesn’t mean he is a good player either. Oh and Hooker produced at VT. Not like at TN it he produced. I will give you Burrow.
I never said just because he comes from bama or that he was a 5* that he'd be good. But the system may have been wrong for him. There are alot of factors into why someone wouldn't be good at any particular institution. Look at nathan Peterman. When he left tennessee he became a good qb.

They have Keith and then the 3 backs that shredded Vanderbilt just recently.
They'll all be older and stronger.
A lot will start to shake out next week. There will be a ton of portal entrants starting Monday, and another wave after the bowl games. We (VN) just need to have a little patience. If someone isn't a proven stud, I don't see any immediacy at RB or WR.

VN Store

Back