Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him! I don't get too upset cause all it is is a dbags opinion. And for the bowl game he can pick DNs!

JM bout to show the 🌎 what's up!

Man I hope I'm right! Lol
I think that this game will not be that close and for some reason imo Joe Milton is going have a game to remember. No Bru maybe and no Tillman, I just think a new injection/infusion of a few players and will play hard for Hooker even the defense will show up (one can hope). I could be wrong but just a gut feeling.

I won’t be rooting for any other SEC team ever.

I’m more interested to see how the team plays vs Vandy. Not a guaranteed W

Agree. A lot of talk going on but this is not the normal Vandy! Not breaking down in worry or anything but they have to come in with the right mindset. The way they respond this week, after last week's fiasco, is a huge sign about the future of the program! JMO.

Everyone has letdowns. How you respond is the biggest thing.

Where we are now after our brutal schedule shows how hard making the top 4 is.

It also shows how when we move to top 12 something like Saturday night doesn’t blow the whole thing.

If we play South Carolina 10 times we beat them 8. We just caught a bad week.

12 team playoff with Nico leading the group in a couple years is going to be really fun.

They shouldn't be ahead of us. We beat them. We also beat the other team that beat them. They remained high in the rankings because they are Bama. That we got embarrassed by SCar has nothing to do with we beat them on the football field. They should still be below us.

Except there are a bunch of ppl with eyeballs on the committee and not a computer ranking the teams. Recency bias comes into play. Watching our game this past weekend comes into play

Reactions: KptVFL
I think that this game will not be that close and for some reason imo Joe Milton is going have a game to remember. No Bru maybe and no Tillman, I just think a new injection/infusion of a few players and will play hard for Hooker even the defense will show up (one can hope). I could be wrong but just a gut feeling.

giphy (1).gif

On a scale from 1-100, 100 being absolute satisfaction and 1 being absolute mediocrity (0 would represent a tie game) where does the Bama win rank? All things considered, I'd say 95.

On a scale from -100 to -1 with -100 being the absolute worst loss that could ever happen and -1 being as satisfied with a loss as possible (0 being a tie) where does the SC loss rank (excluding Hendon's injury). I'd say it's in the -90 range.

It's crazy to have such an extreme high and extreme low in just a few weeks.

I'm not big on hypotheticals, but I wouldn't trade for a Bama loss and SC win.

Anyway, I could see where some people may say the loss hurt more, but that's only because we won the other big games. SC loss wouldn't have hurt so much if we'd already lost to Pitt, UF, LSU, Bama, etc.

It's great to be in a position where so much matters this late in the year and emotions become so extreme, win or lose. Our guys are on track and still way ahead of schedule. Hopefully the defensive issues are identified and fixed.
I think most people would agree. They would have taken that deal in a heartbeat in August. I know I would.

Last edited:
Except there are a bunch of ppl with eyeballs on the committee and not a computer ranking the teams. Recency bias comes into play. Watching our game this past weekend comes into play
If you combined divisions and listed out the SEC rankings, Bama would be fourth. If the eyeball test and recency bias is all that matters, then why have an entire season? Bama doesn't have the resume to be ranked above us. LSU, even though we beat them, gets it by being 6-1 in the SEC. But Bama's resume doesn't stack up to better than ours.

All that matters now is getting two wins and going into the offseason 11-2. You can sell that, because most recruits/transfers will live a 12-team playoff ecosystem, and 11-2 in the SEC is more than good enough to qualify.

And if Joe looks good in the process, you can combat the whole “it was all Hendon” negative recruiting angle.
Considering our terrible defense, it's amazing that we had a chance at the playoffs. To get there, we'd need to be 11-1. We'd likely have lost in the semis so we'd have finished 11-2. We beat Vandy and win our bowl and we still end 11-2. While the feeling about the record would be much, much more positive if we'd made the playoffs, I still would love to see that 11-2 record and a solid top 10 finish. Having said all that, somehow I just get the feeling we end up 9-4 and the all that positivity and goodwill this team and staff had going for it with those great wins over LSU, bama and UF goes up in smoke. And one would have to wonder what this type of collapse would mean to our recruiting efforts. Yeah...Saturday's game vs Vandy is massive. Hard to imagine being in this spot just a few short weeks ago.

Reactions: volsfan_17
People are not wrong for being pissed at the defense for that game.

I was not pleased by their performance, but were the same people on here praising the lock down 3 pick performance they turned in against UK? Were they on here praising how they made huge key stops against Bama to give us a shot to win? Were they on here praising the defense when we went to Death Valley and completely shut LSU down? No. The answer is they weren't. I give some posters the benefit because they are always on here highlighting positives even when we have a bad game, but most of these posters that come out of the woodwork when we lay an egg are just card carrying members of the LOTM and they have been chomping at the bit for the slight crack in the mortar so they can crank up their complainerator and set on full blast.

If you combined divisions and listed out the SEC rankings, Bama would be fourth. If the eyeball test and recency bias is all that matters, then why have an entire season? Bama doesn't have the resume to be ranked above us. LSU, even though we beat them, gets it by being 6-1 in the SEC. But Bama's resume doesn't stack up to better than ours.

I didn’t say it was all that mattered. I just told you they come into play bc humans, not computers, decide the rankings

Heupel and the Vols are gonna be fine longterm because we will always have a top offense and a top QB. Doesn’t mean we won’t lose games…bad losses are gonna happen. But we will have more seasons where everything comes together or where we have a truly game breaking QB.
Hellll yeah.

The Heuepel era is just in its infancy. My goodness what a start!

Or the simple eyeball test.

We aren’t that team anymore. We’re the team without it’s starting QB that got blown out by an average team.
We blew LSU out by more than we just lostby on the road....on their field...and they are #5.

Recency bias is strong with you.

Nobody on this team really deserves an award like this after last weekend

Yeah. We should ignore the rest of the amazing season and forfeit the other wins too. How about we endorse Bama for the CFP so we can watch Saban win another ring. Then we can burn Neyland and the entire athletic department to the ground and sow salt on the ashes so nothing will ever try to rise from the ashes.

Remember all those times we wanted people to go to other boards looking for tears?
They are here now collecting theirs.

what ever happened to texting a friend? It was a bad game and embarrassing but sack up.

Lol. I think you nailed it!

Know is a message board and every right to say what someone wants. Thing is, none of us play the game, very few might have ever played at a high level, and the amount of expert opinions is astounding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back