Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

Seriously, how some of you staunch Kellie apologists keep supporting this BS....

3447d0ba-2cce-4290-975f-7c70743a66c5_text.gif

None of them seniors they have have clearly any next level talent to be a first round draft pick in the WNBA draft and all of that preseason hype was a crock of **** to begin with . No heart and not nearly the talent that Pat Summit had up there with Demoss and company as a hell of a coaching staff . Time to make some real modern day changes in the HILL and get someone in there with recruits that truely knows how rich of a tradition it is and how a Lady Vol should be playing basketball. Way too many “individuals” on that team .That team and coaching staff is a absolute disgrace to what Pat Summit built from the ground up . #pathetic

Reactions: mattlock3tt
Seriously, how some of you staunch Kellie apologists keep supporting this BS....

3447d0ba-2cce-4290-975f-7c70743a66c5_text.gif
What do you want folks to do? Storm the offices at TBA? Write a strongly worded post or 10? Hold our breath til we turn blue?

I always laugh at the notion of "support" or "non support". As if it mattered what I think. Yep it's awful, yep so far it looks like everyone who said KJH could not coach at an elite level is ahead on points. Ya'll want a plane pulling a banner saying you were right? I'm not sure what I need to do to "not support" the BS. Guess I could burn my season tickets, that'll show em.

Reactions: Jravol78
Why would someone who never posts here make such a ridiculous, unnecessarily harsh and hurtful statement about some really terrific young women?

You must be having a hard life, and I hope things get better for you soon.

A long time ago, a Michigan men's player called a t.o. he didn't have in the final and cost Michigan the natty.
In a galaxy far far away? Come on now, 1993 was not that long ago. It was Chris Webber against UNC. (You are making me feel as old as when I see my students’ date of birth as 2010. ugh)

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
What do you want folks to do? Storm the offices at TBA? Write a strongly worded post or 10? Hold our breath til we turn blue?

I always laugh at the notion of "support" or "non support". As if it mattered what I think. Yep it's awful, yep so far it looks like everyone who said KJH could not coach at an elite level is ahead on points. Ya'll want a plane pulling a banner saying you were right? I'm not sure what I need to do to "not support" the BS. Guess I could burn my season tickets, that'll show em.
Could start a petition to hire Bruce Pearl to coach TLV’s .

That was a highly successful method for the men’s program some years back IIRC .

Reactions: Darth_Vol and glv98

Admitting the problem is always the first step and some of us aren't even there yet. We're six games into season four. Not a small sample size, and the larger the sample size grows the worse this hire looks. It astounds me that this debacle with the time-outs isn't a breaking point for more fans, but I guess it really shouldn't.

I wouldn't include you among the M-Corneliuites using mental gymnastics to try and defend what's happening so I'm not sure why you're so triggered...

Admitting the problem is always the first step and some of us aren't even there yet. We're six games into season four. Not a small sample size, and the larger the sample size grows the worse this hire looks. It astounds me that this debacle with the time-outs isn't a breaking point for more fans, but I guess it really shouldn't.

I wouldn't include you among the M-Corneliuites using mental gymnastics to try and defend what's happening so I'm not sure why you're so triggered...

Knoxville News-Sentinel headline: "Can Harper Survive Time Out-gate?"

Reactions: Bret178

In the premier league, disgruntled fans will hire planes to fly over the stadium with a banner reading "coach name out". I am not sure what you could in TBA, maybe a drone?

But, I think this team is going to come good. If Powell makes that last lay-up, the conversation on this board is very different.

In a galaxy far far away? Come on now, 1993 was not that long ago. It was Chris Webber against UNC. (You are making me feel as old as when I see my students’ date of birth as 2010. ugh)

It is worse when a coaching staff makes a timeout mistake than a freshman under pressure in the NC game. Really no comparison,

In the premier league, disgruntled fans will hire planes to fly over the stadium with a banner reading "coach name out". I am not sure what you could in TBA, maybe a drone?

But, I think this team is going to come good. If Powell makes that last lay-up, the conversation on this board is very different.
Feel that last part is overlooked due to the timeout interpretation. Missed four free throws but still had 86% percent, can’t fault there.

Reactions: Bret178

It amazes me that fans call this a time out debacle Not a debacle at all. First we were not allowed to advance the ball per the rules Second we inbounded the ball safely so advancing the ball had no impact on game. The travelling call could have happened either frontcourt or backcourt. Facts matter.

It amazes me that fans call this a time out debacle Not a debacle at all. First we were not allowed to advance the ball per the rules Second we inbounded the ball safely so advancing the ball had no impact on game. The travelling call could have happened either frontcourt or backcourt. Facts matter.

Like I said, mental gymnastics.

Counting to four is hard. Apparently...

The female Jimbo Fisher

Not quite: Fisher supposedly had a string of 5-star recruiting classes. Our recruiting has been bad, and that has the potential to make things worse for Harper fairly soon. I think Harper did a solid/good job last year given our middling talent and lack of depth. This year we still have talent issues, but it's better than last year, and we've got more depth, and we've got to start winning games. Working harder defensively is the first place to start.

Reactions: glv98
No one has yet proven or disproven that the timeout at 1:57 was not a Tennessee charged timeout. Media timeouts only happen in the middle of a quarter around the five minutes mark never see them at 1:57 left in the game unless there is no dead ball to call one earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax_Vol

VN Store

Back