Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

glv98

Admitting the problem is always the first step and some of us aren't even there yet
Back to the original point of my post. Our "accepting" "admitting", "supporting" means nothing. We will not have a role in solving this problem. We'll just talk about it.
I'm not sure why you're so triggered...
Bec.ause I bought those damn season tickets! First time in years.

Seriously, I'm just tired of "told you so". Those words never wear well. But it's anyone's right to continue to say it. And say it, and say it. Also, I don't think predicting this makes anyone especially brilliant. Almost all of us said from the time of the hire that it was a gamble since KJH had never shown she could coach at an elite level. And we all said this season would be the ultimate test. I admit to getting caught up in the preseason hype (those damn season tickets) but we all knew this was a possibility, even a probability.

It's still early and I still cling to hope she can pull it off (making me Maria sheep-worthy). If she doesn't, and the current epic hellscape plays out, I believe this puts the program in a hole it would be very hard to climb out of. That's not a grave I want to do a happy dance over. But that's just me.

I will say, probably the only way to climb out of that hole would be hire a big name coach next time. Which would make you . . . right!

Back to the original point of my post. Our "accepting" "admitting", "supporting" means nothing. We will not have a role in solving this problem. We'll just talk about it.
Absolutely nothing anyone can do no matter how delusional they are. The administration will do what is necessary

, I'm just tired of "told you so". Those words never wear well. But it's anyone's right to continue to say it. And say it, and say it. Also, I don't think predicting this makes anyone especially brilliant. Almost all of us said from the time of the hire that it was a gamble since KJH had never shown she could coach at an elite level. And we all said this season would be the ultimate test. I admit to getting caught up in the preseason hype (those damn season tickets) but we all knew this was a possibility, even a probability.
He predicted nothing. He merely did what he always does, backhanded slaps for everyone!!!! Seriously, everyone gives him credit for being a dip...not for knowing anything. He has some new friends now that do the same thing probably because they think they will get attention like he does. Laughable anyone takes him seriously. He is living a dream of his to bash Tennessee and this forum and a handful of Negas empower him. Ignore him and VolNation will not contain near as much joy for him as moments like this does.

would make you . . . right!
If he is right about anything, it will truly be a rarity.

Majors

Absolutely nothing anyone can do no matter how delusional they are. The administration will do what is necessary

He predicted nothing. He merely did what he always does, backhanded slaps for everyone!!!! Seriously, everyone gives him credit for being a dip...not for knowing anything. He has some new friends now that do the same thing probably because they think they will get attention like he does. Laughable anyone takes him seriously. He is living a dream of his to bash Tennessee and this forum and a handful of Negas empower him. Ignore him and VolNation will not contain near as much joy for him as moments like this does.

If he is right about anything, it will truly be a rarity.
Negas or honest? Some confuse the two. Winning and correcting the trajectory of the season brings peace and harmony....that's honesty.

Jax_Vol

Things must be bad for the dreaded "vote of confidence" threads to start...
Yeah! The thing is, I was listening on the radio. Whenever it became apparent that the game was going to come down to the wire (2 minute mark or whatever), I thought...'she is going to find a way to lose this game'.

I do not have that same feeling with Rick B, Coach Hype, Tony V, even in softball with their woes.

Terrells Bay88

It is worse when a coaching staff makes a timeout mistake than a freshman under pressure in the NC game. Really no comparison,
He was a sophomore playing in back to back NCAA title games. Kellie must have picked up the not calling timeouts trait during her time at North Carolina State because former North Carolina MBB coach Roy Williams rarely called timeouts when opposing teams made runs. Some UNC fans would criticze him for not calling timeouts and he won three NCAA titles for them (which is more than any other MBB coach during the time he coach at UNC).

madtownvol

He was a sophomore playing in back to back NCAA title games. Kellie must have picked up the not calling timeouts trait during her time at North Carolina State because former North Carolina MBB coach Roy Williams rarely called timeouts when opposing teams made runs. Some UNC fans would criticze him for not calling timeouts and he won three NCAA titles for them (which is more than any other MBB coach during the time he coach at UNC).
That;'s right he was a sophomore. But I still say, it is bigger error when it comes from the bench than a player on the court.

For the record, I am not part of the "time outs are the magic elixir" club. But in this situation, Kellie said she wanted to advance the ball but didn't because she wanted to save her last TO in case they got caught in a 5 second situation. However, she had TWO left. I think it was flukey sitation, where she called a TO that coincided with a planned media time out so the LVs were not charged with taking it. In the heat of the moment, an understandable oversight, but still an undeniable screw-up by the staff. It did not cost them the game per se but it didn't help either.

Last edited:

madtownvol

Yeah! The thing is, I was listening on the radio. Whenever it became apparent that the game was going to come down to the wire (2 minute mark or whatever), I thought...'she is going to find a way to lose this game'.

I do not have that same feeling with Rick B, Coach Hype, Tony V, even in softball with their woes.

Well, that settles it. Fire her now. The LVs won numerous close games down the stretch last season so there was no empirical evidence for your feeling. It just more bashing.

Darth_Vol

After the Derek Dooley hire, I’ve changed my position on that subject. Don’t dump your current girlfriend, until you have fully vetted a new girlfriend.
The genius behind that decision is no longer here. Neither is the one who hired Jeremy Pruitt... and Kellie. The one who IS here hit a homerun in hiring a football coach that, despite the disappointment of this past weekend, made Tennessee football relevant again. I think he could do the same for women's basketball...

Jax_Vol

Are you kidding? The dark one post an actual committable opinion?
Thought she might have an ace up her sleeve.

I just do not see anyone from the Lady Vols family tree who is a take. There are a couple who might surface within the next five years. Guess it is time to think outside the box. As she stated, Dave White seems to be dialed in very well.

VN Store