Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making wholesale changes, as we've seen in those 15 years has rarely paid dividends. Fahrrin' Coordinators can lead to Dave Clawson, Sal Sunseri, or guy Botch brought in from WC.

Please, mercy. No more of that.
What are you talking about lol. This threat doesn’t hold any weight because the Tim Banks & Martinez combo is worse than Sal Sunseri sooo. And sal was in his first season switching to 3-4. This is Banks & Martinez second year in the same system and they gave up more points than Sunseri ever did in a game.

I keep coming back to Tim Banks made Beamer and Satterfield look like offensive geniuses. He made Rattler look like what Will Levis was supposed to be. And that angers me. Like Incredible Hulk level angers me. And that makes me want to fire Tim Banks because he really, really pissed me off.

I know I take football too seriously, but I don't know how to stop.

Hey! Don’t tell people my weaknesses! Lol 😂

Seriously though probably a shark if I saw one face to face in the water 😂. Spiders don’t bother me.

“Welp…. There goes my leg!”
I always say "spiders don't scare me!". Then I see one. And they scare me.

What I don’t like is the narrative by some that “we just don’t have the horses” …. I mean look Pruitts defenses sucked at times but the DBs were not part of that. Somehow we went from “man these dudes are awesome recruits” to man we don’t have the horses.

That is coaching. When all your DBs are running with their backs turned to the ball and not staying stride for stride with a receiver that is coaching. When your DBs are constantly getting beat on every play and you leave them in there, that is coaching. When receivers are catching the ball 5 yds in front of you and that is the only player near you, and you don’t break on the ball to try and break it up, that is coaching.

I know we aren’t super deep in the secondary but coaching is the cause of how bad our Secondary is. I mean we are playing two safeties that almost never record a Pass Breakup.

I keep coming back to Tim Banks made Beamer and Satterfield look like offensive geniuses. He made Rattler look like what Will Levis was supposed to be. And that angers me. Like Incredible Hulk level angers me. And that makes me want to fire Tim Banks because he really, really pissed me off.

I know I take football too seriously, but I don't know how to stop.
Someone has to answer for it. I didn’t hear one thing about the coaches accepting responsibility for that crap show.

Well, I'm not sure they can do a ton to improve speed, but if speed were the only component necessary to play football, we'd just recruit straight off of the track team.

We aren't a bad secondary solely because we are getting blown by on deep routes. That's an oversimplification of our problems. It isn't solely a speed issue. We didn't give up that 3rd-and-20 because our guys weren't fast enough.
Our recognition of the WR route tree and our anticipation are abysmal. There is only so much a coach can do with that. That is a player commitment and priority. That is a focus. Some of it may also be just natural ability to process information quickly. Some people are obvious better at that than others. It's what they mean when they talk about the ability to play fast. Our entire secondary has shown very little ability to do those things AND they do not have great speed or quickness on top of that.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Ugghh we made Beamer something for a damn week. I need Clemson to blast them and shut this clown up. He lives for a little spotlight and is an awful coach.
Beamer coming on the field staring down our sidelines needs to be etched in our memory…. Beat them by 100 next year!

Unfortunately you could also say the players aren't coachable. Which in most situations you go to the next guy, but with the lack of depth AND the injuries in the secondary we haven't got a "next guy"

Not saying it's 100% the players, but just saying it's also not 100% the coaches either. Great example is JG, ultimately he was the problem not sure why but he simply wasn't coachable at the end of the day. He'd have a few good plays and even managed a few good games, but despite the HC, OC, or even school he was never able to be coached out of all the bad habits he had.

I think quite a few guys in the secondary just are who they are. Flowers, Tank, Hadden for sure simply are what we've seen. Charles, Slaughter, Turnage from last season to this season they have shown some improvement (maybe not huge strides, but improvement). So you gotta hope they keep improving and the next group of players are a step ahead and develop even faster.

gotta portal DB, TE, OT and a couple other spots. Then get a legit RB thats over 200lbs. The backs we have are fine but there needs to be another dynamic to that room. Adding a pass game to the RBs would be refreshing to see and Sampson can probably provide that.

Just really need to add some experienced talent.

A lot of these guys who play on defense cant be trusted again next yr. its pathetic.

What are you talking about lol. This threat doesn’t hold any weight because the Tim Banks & Martinez combo is worse than Sal Sunseri sooo. And sal was in his first season switching to 3-4. This is Banks & Martinez second year in the same system and they gave up more points than Sunseri ever did in a game.
Did you watch Sal Sunseri teams play? 5-7.

You can throw all the stats in the world at me. 5-7. That's what I remember. They were awful. It was hard to watch.

This team isnt hard to watch. Its always fun, yes its offense.

They were thin to start the season, and, had to play Hadden. Like I said, criticism is warranted. But, it isnt a catastrophe.

Lose to Vandy, and all bets are off.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I’d give anything to get paired up against that chump in a bowl game.

You don’t want that. They’d grind us and you know that. They’re simply tougher than us.

You already know we would be infuriating to watch on both ends. Milton would never adjust to throwing too hard. Lots of 3 and outs. 13-30 type game.

Defense would make other QB look great.

Need to recruit better.

gotta portal DB, TE, OT and a couple other spots. Then get a legit RB thats over 200lbs. The backs we have are fine but there needs to be another dynamic to that room. Adding a pass game to the RBs would be refreshing to see and Sampson can probably provide that.

Just really need to add some experienced talent.

A lot of these guys who play cant be trusted again next yr. its pathetic.
Any difference makers we can get, starting on the defensive side of the ball. That's who we need to shop for in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back