The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Ok that's funny.
Yeah that colorway needs to go...it must've confused our players...

I hate to get beat down like this but does anyone still want to explain to me how alternative jerseys help? If we had to debut these is there a worse time than going to South Carolina and showing up looking like Clemson?

Reactions: tbh
Because we beat the teams that we thought May beat us - Bama , FL, LSU, and/or Ky, and Pitt.

We were up against a bad USC jr and Vandy team. A win gives us a chance to playoffs to play for the pinnacle of all prizes, the mark title. But we screwed the pooch so the season now feels like a disappointment. It’s all relative. We choked!

We clearly choked this game against a bowl bound team that is more inconsistent than our D. The final script vs Vandy isn’t written yet but we better take the f’in ball if we win the toss.

We have a cut n paste defense thrown together that was Elmer Glued together.
think we knew there were questions on D before the season started
to think we got to 9-1 with this D is good, honestly.
until we get some dogs on Defense, especially pass defense, we were suspect to these types of performances.

What i wanna know is when the hell are we gonna get another Eric Berry? We've had such a drought on a game changing safety its crazy.
Anyone who follows the Vols knew it or damn sure should have. We're fortunate to make it to USC game to be exposed so badly. Their coaches knew how weak our DB's were. I think we have good talent in this coming class but also feel W.Martinez can't develop DB's to the necessary standard. Just my two cents.

Reactions: Volontario
You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink... or play well when some of your defensive horses are actually just donkeys.

SCar doesn’t have GA talent either, but yet they kicked our butts all over the field.

Agreed. But they were prepared for this game. Senior night, night game. They played carefree and confident. We played shellshocked. When we cut it to 4, I thought we had it. And then the wheels fell off again.

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
Worse than LSU in 2001 for a shot at Miami and all the marbles?
Yes this is worse in my opinion…LSU was good. South Carolina is horrendous and will be back to themselves again next week. One of the worst TN defensive showings against a bad, bad, bad offense I’ve ever witnessed. We gave up over 60 !!!

Probably something along the lines of BLITZ and DON'T ALLOW 10 YARD CUSHIONS. Then again, those aren't exactly genius concepts for what we saw tonight....

But.... must be, though since the D coaches are getting paid a LOT of money to do it that way

TN's D coaches are getting paid a BUNCH of money to let their opponents run all over 'em

Shoot.... you can pay me several hundred thousand dollars to make sure my DBs don't know how to turn their head and look for a ball

Heck... I can do that from my couch

I hate to get beat down like this but does anyone still want to explain to me how alternative jerseys help? If we had to debut these is there a worse time than going to South Carolina and showing up looking like Clemson?
Not that it really helps but the kids like new stuff and the look
Kind of like Deion said. Look good, play good. Mental thing...

VN Store

Back