‘23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Colorado Commit)

Alabama, Ohio State & Georgia are in playoff contention because of extremely successful recruiting.

This has certainly been a great year for us.

To think we will do this year after year without being ranked higher in recruiting is folly. And of course our head coach knows that. He's recruiting his ass off currently. And the results are showing.

Do not pretend to yourself that Tennessee will be a regular up at the top while STILL having subpar recruiting classes. It won't happen. That's why the entire football world is shocked at what we're doing now.
Do you consider last years and this years classes subpar? Asking since you used the word STILL

Reactions: MarcoVol
@BondJamesBond We won't be under talented for quite awhile around here. So we'll never have an answer, but it is not a likely occurrence. It has not really happened in the playoff era. It's been mostly the same teams that have dominated recruiting.

Ok so what’s your criteria for a good coach? Yes Smart inherited a good roster. What did he do with it? Did he waste it? Or did he elevate it to its highest point in the schools history? I don’t know when he has won a game he shouldn’t have. But is that the criteria for a good head coach? If that’s the case then Saban isn’t a good coach. He has had the talent advantage over every team he has played in the last 10 years or so. So when did he win a game he shouldn’t have?
Agreed, Smart is a good coach. Just look at Fisher and A&M this season for an example of bad coaching

Florida's collective has apparently decided that they're willing to overpay some top recruits to get some PR wins and publicity. If your NIL isn't market-based and structured similar to the NFL, then you're just asking for roster issues down the road.
If it blows up in their face and they start having A&M-like sustainability problems...Id be cool with it.

I hated Miami because I knew there recruiting success was a sham and we need Miami/FSU to be taking talent away from Florida.

Reactions: BigSteve09
If it blows up in their face and they start having A&M-like sustainability problems...Id be cool with it.
Napier better have a great season next year or he'll look just like Jimbo has this season. They're playing with fire. They're going to have to be prepared to combat the transfer portal and won't have enough money allocated to keep guys around who were lower rated players that developed into major contributors. They better hope their collective's pockets are deep.

inevitably that is what will happen if they aren't managing this right. and it certainly doesn't sound like they are, if their play is to just wait until the end and throw cash at 'em like they're stripper on the main stage, trying to get a lap dance before last call. lol.

and that we're not necessarily willing to throw our hat in that particular ring of recruiting fights, i'm ok with, even if the motivation is purely financial/ROI vs. the cultural impact (which i do happen to thin plays a pretty big role with this staff), it still makes sense for the long term success of the program.

inevitably that is what will happen if they aren't managing this right. and it certainly doesn't sound like they are, if their play is to just wait until the end and throw cash at 'em like they're stripper on the main stage, trying to get a lap dance before last call. lol.

and that we're not necessarily willing to throw our hat in that particular ring of recruiting fights, i'm ok with, even if the motivation is purely financial/ROI vs. the cultural impact (which i do happen to thin plays a pretty big role with this staff), it still makes sense for the long term success of the program.
The last second ebay bid and grab?.... 😎

Reactions: KptVFL and jakez4ut
Florida will be just like Texas A&M. They don’t scare me anymore. Sure they’ll have some decent years but they aren’t going to build what UGA and Bama have. NIL can only do so much and if it goes wrong it seems like it will crash. Napier isn’t that guy like most people thought.

VN Store

Back