Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

It's simple.

Georgia & Big Ten Champ are in.

There's two spots.

If TCU loses and we get a two loss PAC Champ, we are in no matter what.

If we get TCU one loss/One loss PAC champ, we should still be okay with how many quality wins we will have.

If Oregon/USC/UCLA go 12-1 and TCU goes undefeated, it gets extremely dicey.

Reactions: volwindy and TNBV
Cmon man, I’m not gonna disappear. Be bold! Too long our fan base and admin and AD refused to be Bold!

Then Tony V and Deacon Barnes and now White Boy Hype rolled into 2022 and erupted.
I’m sure we are all wrong about this stuff way more than we’re right. It’s fun to predict and project but you have to man up (or woman up) when wrong. It’s all in fun anyway.

We need:
To win all three of our remaining games.
TCU to lose at least one game.
Oregon to lose at least one more game.
USC to lose to Notre Dame.
USC to beat UCLA.

Addendum: I say this because I firmly believe any one loss PAC 12 team will move ahead of us..... not because it's right....and I may just be paranoid....but I think there will be "back room" pressure for a PAC team to be one of the final four.

Last edited:
You aren't paying attention, a 1 loss PAC champion will get in, that's a fact.

Yeah the PAC-12 has been left out of the CFP the last 5 years….they’ll raise a stink for sure if they don’t get a 1 loss champ in. The only thing is there’ll be a rematch between UGA/Oregon or UGA/Tennessee in a semi.

But Oregon ALWAYS loses a game they should win. Hopefully there’s a slip up. USC’s defense is atrocious even though Caleb Williams is awesome and UCLA, same deal. One of those teams will have a 2nd loss.

And I know this sounds crazy, but we need Georgia to keep dominating and winning. If they were to lose to say LSU or Ole Miss in the SECCG, it’s gonna be truly absolute chaos.

We will not get penalized for finishing 11-1 and be left out of the playoff.

We may. Too many variables to be sure, but I think we likely are in.

Which is why is way ignorant for you to loudly proclaim an undefeated TCU will not make it in.

I’m not wrong. UGA is a lock for the playoff whether they win or lose in Atlanta.

The Ohio State vs Michigan winner is a lock for the playoff.

Tennessee at 11-1 is a lock for the playoff

TCU finishing 13-0 is a lock for the playoff.

Oregon at 12-1 is a lock for the playoff if, and only if, TCU loses a game.

I will say this...did not like seeing Clemson #10...there's a chance we could see three 1 loss conference champs (Clemson, TCU, PAC champ) and then one loss Michigan or Ohio State vying for 5 spots...that makes me nervous

We may. Too many variables to be sure, but I think we likely are in.

Which is why is way ignorant for you to loudly proclaim an undefeated TCU will not make it in.

You mean when the only other possible P5 13-0 team hadn’t even kicked off their game for the week????? Aka the most crucial part of my reasoning why a 13-0 TCU would get left home…..

Really afraid that if the osu/ Mich game is anything like TN/Bama the committee will try to get both teams in the playoffs. Really need to see a TCU loss and a blowout in the Mich/OSU game.
Of course vols need to show up the next two weeks or this will all be for naught.
So great to be focused on how other teams perform this late in a college football season. Feels like we are back in the 90s

Lol

#icant

Why do some TN fans the committee will overlook a one loss PAC 12 champion? I love TN and yes our resume is strong; however, Oregon still has to play a ranked Utah team and a ranked USC or UCLA team in PAC 12 title game. If it’s not Oregon then it will be a one loss USC/UCLA winner.
My hope is TN is impressive over the next three weeks while TCU loses along with the PAC 12 ending up with a two loss champion. Also it wouldn’t hurt our chances if Ohio St best Michigan by three scores.

Reactions: TNBV
Someone is lying….
No he’s not. He said TCU wouldn’t jump UT and that he thought Clemson would run the table. Those were the 2 things he got wrong. He admitted he got those things wrong so onward and upward!

We get penalized for being in the best conference.

You know why the SEC is the strongest conference? Because SEC teams consistently schedule and beat the "big boys" of the other P5's. Bama played Texas, Tennessee played Pittsburgh, Georgia played Oregon. And Bama and Tennessee went to Texas and Pitt, they weren't home games. And the SEC consistently wins (most) of the big games.

So, not only do we know the SEC is better than the other conferences because we go head to head with them each year, but then we sort through our own conference, which ALWAYS has more ranked teams than any other (because we beat the other conferences).

But yet, you want to tell me that a TCU team who wins a "Big 12" championship is better than a Tennessee team who beat multiple ranked teams, and whose strength of schedule is tougher than anyone else with 1 loss, and that one loss being to Georgia on their Turf by 2 TDs?

No way. The SEC consistently goes out of their way to schedule big games against the powerhouses of the respective conferences. And when push comes to shove, it doesn't matter. It'd be better for us to move to the Big 12 and go undefeated, and not play anyone.

This will (mostly) be settled once the playoffs expand, but the other conferences are just no match to the SEC from top to bottom.

You mean when the only other possible P5 13-0 team hadn’t even kicked off their game for the week????? Aka the most crucial part of my reasoning why a 13-0 TCU would get left home…..

The difference is you stated it as an absolute fact. Not as the possible outcome depending on a specific variable. Rather you simply said they would not get in and that the committee did not value their wins. Which is ignorant

As I've been telling you for a few days now....any undefeated power 5 conference champ will always be in unless somehow there's 5 of them. The committee will not favor a 1 loss team over any undefeated power 5 conference champ which is what you were attempting to claim would happen with TCU.
I’m with you on that. Any undefeated P5 team will make it, regardless of schedule.

Reactions: Vol8188
Hey, not to interrupt the Vol talk, but how on God’s earth is Clemson 10th other than “well they’ve been good before”????

I have this feeling that ND loss won’t look that bad after regular season concludes. If ND finishes 9-3 with a win over USC, Clemson will get some cover.
ND should be 8-3 (win their next two games) going into USC game.

I’m not wrong. UGA is a lock for the playoff whether they win or lose in Atlanta.

The Ohio State vs Michigan winner is a lock for the playoff.

Tennessee at 11-1 is a lock for the playoff

TCU finishing 13-0 is a lock for the playoff.

Oregon at 12-1 is a lock for the playoff if, and only if, TCU loses a game.
Wow the mental gymnastics you go through to keep from admitting that your previous statements were wrong is unbelievable. And you apparently have no clue what the word "Lock" means. You clearly stated, multiple times that all the other teams were battling for the 4th position and we were the obvious, undeniable, lock at third. The CFP ranking putting TCU ahead of us clearly debunks those statements as we will not pass TCU if we both go undefeated considering both of our remaining schedules. So any team (1 loss PAC 12, 1 loss Mich/OSU, 1 loss Clemson or even 2 loss LSU) that has an even remote chance of being fourth would clearly be taking our spot and not TCUs. THAT IS A FACT. You were wrong. You were arrogant and condescending in your misstatements and now you are dishonest and cowardly in you denials.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back