Tennessee vs Bama -- Game Thread

Question: on your last possession, did you have a time out left? UT seemed very tentative in that last 10 seconds.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yep, for some reason Bruce never calls a TO before a pivital possesion at the end of the game.

The team was even flatter today than they were against Ole Miss. I still can't believe how horribly we shot FTs...man.

The best team and coach won this game. Bruce did a great imitation of Jerry Green when you have all that talent and can not teach these guys how to shoot free throws. These kind of losses are inexcusable.

This team will not go far in the SEC or NCAA.

Nance is not a good coach. The luckier team won PERIOD.

Alabama deserved to win, pure and simple. They wanted it more. They answered every run we made. And the lords of karma were definitely watching over the kid who banked in the buzzer-beater to win it for them.

Question: on your last possession, did you have a time out left? UT seemed very tentative in that last 10 seconds.

cbssportsline.com shows Tennessee had three timeouts remaining at the end of the game.

The site also shows some ugly stats:

Field Goals 25-65, 38%
Free Throws 10-22, 45%
3-Pointers 7-24, 29%

Did CBS completely cut off at the end of the game for anyone else?

Yep, for some reason Bruce never calls a TO before a pivital possesion at the end of the game.

I kept expecting one to get called as the clock wore down to set something up. Instead, they seemed confused.

Like I said: Clueless.

If we get to the finals of the SECT, we're in as a 5 or 6 seed.

No I am not clueless...I am just saying we have NO shot at a 4-5 seed w/out winning the SECT, which hasn't happend in 30 years....so probably not going to happen

Why is it that every Tennessee team under Pearl has sucked at shooting free throws?

This team hasn't been so bad, though..that's what makes me so upset. This was there worst FT shooting performance of the year as far as I can recall. But, man, it was horrible. They started getting them team chemistry going...now maybe this will give Pearl a reason to push extra shooting practices going into the tournaments.

The [B]best team and coach [/B]won this game. Bruce did a great imitation of Jerry Green when you have all that talent and can not teach these guys how to shoot free throws. These kind of losses are inexcusable.

This team will not go far in the SEC or NCAA.

AL aint going to no postseason tourney...there coach will be back to an assistant after the season..

VN Store

Back