‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Seems like everyone is forgetting Jackson too. I hope Milton gets his second chance in the sun, but we have a 3 way battle next year. Not a two way.
Obviously we don't see everything that goes on at practice everyday. But from what we have seen, he seems to be pretty far behind where Milton is and if Nico grasps the offense quickly then I have a hard seeing him stay ahead of Nico for very long.

Reactions: walkenvol
Obviously we don't see everything that goes on at practice everyday. But from what we have seen, he seems to be pretty far behind where Milton is and if Nico grasps the offense quickly then I have a hard seeing him stay ahead of Nico for very long.
I have no doubt he’s the worse option of the 3. Just don’t like counting a kid out, especially if he doesn’t transfer out like 90% of kids in his situation would.

I have no doubt he’s the worse option of the 3. Just don’t like counting a kid out, especially if he doesn’t transfer out like 90% of kids in his situation would.
You also have the aspects of him being Heupels first qb recuit.He stayed true to his commitment throughout the process.That has to hold some water so I suspect he will get a fair shot at the job.I don't see Heupel promising anyone anything matter of fact quiet opposite.We should see a nice battle for qb this spring.I still ain't ready to put Milton out there vs Bama at home with 8 secs left to drive the field and win.

The folks thinking Milton is a shoe in are crazy.Just because he's been in football a half a decade and started 3 diff times and didnt trasnfer doesn't mean squat.I just want someone who can sustain our success and so far Milton hasn't proven sh*t to make me think that.I really hope he blows us away I like nothing but the best for him and this team.IF Heupel thinks Milton is the guy he wants to bet the farm on then I'm behind that.

You also have the aspects of him being Heupels first qb recuit.He stayed true to his commitment throughout the process.That has to hold some water so I suspect he will get a fair shot at the job.I don't see Heupel promising anyone anything matter of fact quiet opposite.We should see a nice battle for qb this spring.I still ain't ready to put Milton out there vs Bama at home with 8 secs left to drive the field and win.

The folks thinking Milton is a shoe in are crazy.Just because he's been in football a half a decade and started 3 diff times and didnt trasnfer doesn't mean squat.I just want someone who can sustain our success and so far Milton hasn't proven sh*t to make me think that.I really hope he blows us away I like nothing but the best for him and this team.IF Heupel thinks Milton is the guy he wants to bet the farm on then I'm behind that.
And if he starts week 1 that doesn't mean he will be starting week 13 in the SEC championship game either.

Playing against high level quarterbacks has become routine for long time Trailblazer head coach Jon Ellinghouse. Since 2016, they have played and beaten Chase Garbers (Corona Del Mar/Cal), CJ Stroud (Rancho Cucamonga/Ohio State), Jalon Daniels (Leuzinger/Kansas) and Jayden Daniels (Cajon/LSU).

"Nico has the best arm talent of any high school quarterback I've seen," Ellinghouse said following the game. "I was so impressed with his ability, not just to throw the ball and run around but his poise. That was a big reason we went for two at the end, I didn't want to give him a chance to beat us in overtime. He's scary and it's going to be a lot of fun to watch him at Tennessee. I think he has incredible talent and probably the highest upside of any of those guys."

I’ve said it multiple times before but Iamaleava, for me, has the highest ceiling of any player in the ’23 class. His complete skill set was on display throughout the night as he showed his rare ability to use both his arm and his legs to create big plays and also avoid big losses from a constant pass rush that was in his face much of the night.
Greg Biggins: Breaking down Nico Iamaleava's final high school game

Disagree. He’s proven to me he can accept coaching and improve his game. He’s proven he can be a great teammate; to a point I think he’s proven he can ignore the outside noise & naysayers. When his number has been called he has gone in and performed well. I believe he will be fine as the starter next year.

Disagree. He’s proven to me he can accept coaching and improve his game. He’s proven he can be a great teammate; to a point I think he’s proven he can ignore the outside noise & naysayers. When his number has been called he has gone in and performed well. I believe he will be fine as the starter next year.
He's always been able to block out the naysayers.
It's HIMSELF that gets him down.

I still remember the draining of energy feeling he brought to the team early season.
Absolute offensive momentum killer.

Again, we'll see.
People that can't see Nico starting or having a chance at all while Milton is here are crazy.

I think Milton starts next year and Nico redshirts, 2024 Nico starts over Jackson I truly believe if Nico beats out Jackson, Jackson will end up at Indiana where he is from. His brother is a Jr. or Sr. on Hoosiers BB team

I feel like Nico won't be redshirting. He's an early enrollee, a 5*, and I believe he will play in more than four games.....
Of course he won't be redshirting.

People that stick to that notion are just being stubborn. Like were SO loaded at QB.

This dude will have to win games for us next year.

I think me and maybe 2 other people have publicly said Nico will start game 1 in 2023.

About 100 others say it will be Milton.
This is why the electoral college is so important in voting.
You can't really trust the masses regardless of their allegiance. The fact they have an allegiance IS THE PROBLEM....

People that stick to that notion are just being stubborn. Like were SO loaded at QB.

I think me and maybe 2 other people have publicly said Nico will start game 1 in 2023.

You can't really trust the masses regardless of their allegiance. The fact they have an allegiance IS THE PROBLEM....
You're using voting as an example? The decision of who starts at QB will only come from one vote...Heupel's. The opinion of the masses (including you and I) have no weight.

In case you have not noticed, this isn't an election. Heupel is the dictator and he will start whomever he wants. You have been consistent, I will give you that.

Reactions: ACvol3

It has nothing to do with allegiance. It's common sense. Trying to compare a UT quarterback competition to the crazy political atmosphere in our country right now is the problem. Nico is 6'6" and has the most arm talent of any high school prospect in the country. Joe Milton is 6'5" 245lb, knows the offense just as well as Hendon Hooker, has the respect and trust of his teammates, and has the most arm talent in college football. Oh, and he's also a threat with his legs. Nico could very well be the starter at some point during next season. I expect him to win the competition for QB2. But, to expect him to win the position outright and be the starter game one is "made for TV movie" thinking. Milton will have to get injured, or lose the position with his on field play. You don't even let Milton come back for a super senior season, and take up a scholarship, unless you intend for him to be your starter.

VN Store

Back