Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be suprised if Auburn goes after Alex Golesh. He'll be one of the top names in CFB after its all said and done with the way the offense has played.
AG is a terrific coach but I don’t see the barn going that route. They will make big offers to established HCs first.

Does she have a DL yet? Hope she has her college applications in. Looks like a teenager, gross. Dude should be fired just for being a total douche canoe and cheating on his wife, with a 19 yo.

Not holding back today.

Pretty sure it was investigated and they found nothing. If they had, he’d be fired for cause so AUB wouldn’t have to pay. Dream scenario for them.

Love being in the CFP debate though...I can't see us being outside 1st or 2nd in the first rankings with the win over Bama being the best win of the season for any team in the country.

SEC Champion will get in
BIG 10 Champion will get in (unless 2 losses)
ACC Champion in IF undefeated
BIG 12 Champion in IF undefeated

Pac 12 needs the most help since they can't have an undefeated champion.

SEC has the best shot to get in 2 teams, but I think it'll be more likely if we're the undefeated SEC Champion. Then Georgia will only have the 1 loss to the conference winners (like last year). I think if Georgia is the undefeated it makes it more difficult though.

When Heupel starts getting the top end talent near the likes of Georgia and Bama. Watch the heck out. The Vols will be the ones with 14+ point wins in these rivalry games. I can’t wait

i hope people remember this.

We're just over a yr and a half in. When he gets his roster exactly how he wants it then its going to be really scary for CFB. We are just getting started.

Chadwell is
11-1
11-2
6-1 the last 3 years at Coastal… he’s the Knoxville area fella that loves Tennessee. Done a fantastic job at Coastal. They were FCS not too long ago

7-1 now.

I think Chadwell will be very picky with where he goes next, Auburn is toxic. But he's also making a million and living on the beach where he is so more money won't be enough incentive to pull him. He'll want to go somewhere he isn't worried about being fired in year 2 (so no thanks Auburn) and he'll likely want somewhere that's a bigger city/location (so Ole Miss could be out).

But that's my opinion on it...he may take any P5 job he can get.

This is why I really only look at some stats from the FPI. I think they do a good job on Strength of Schedule and things like that. But overall power ranking, I couldn’t care less what FPI thinks. I get the idea of wanting to use roster talent but like you said, you’re using metrics from a player from when they are still in high school. No way to judge their rankings based on development after signing.

Using recruiting rankings in combination with returning production makes a lot of sense in the preseason. They need to gauge whether there's talent on the roster to replace the lost production and recruiting rankings are the only metric available.

8 games into the season though, it makes no sense. The players that are contributing on the roster have a body of work and that has come out in the team's results. No reason to look at recruiting rankings this stage, completely irrelevant.

7-1 now.

I think Chadwell will be very picky with where he goes next, Auburn is toxic. But he's also making a million and living on the beach where he is so more money won't be enough incentive to pull him. He'll want to go somewhere he isn't worried about being fired in year 2 (so no thanks Auburn) and he'll likely want somewhere that's a bigger city/location (so Ole Miss could be out).

But that's my opinion on it...he may take any P5 job he can get.
Yeah I don’t think it’s a coincidence no P5 school has hired him yet despite there being multiple openings while he’s been at Coastal.

There’s something we don’t know about that schools don’t like.

I don't buy it. They play in a notoriously weak conference. PAC-12 is no different than the ACC.

I’d hope the CFP committee can use the eye test on some of the PAC12 teams and whether they could truly challenge for a NC, but resume is actually fairly strong right now. PAC12 has 5 teams ranked in the top 25 right now. Do I think any of them would be ranked still if they were in the SEC? No. A couple would, but not 5. But still, the committee has to consider the resume and right now PAC12 looks better than they have for a while. That may make it harder for the committee to immediately dismiss a 1 loss PAC12 championship winner. I just hope whoever wins that conference drops a 2nd game at some point and then there won’t even be a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back