Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love being in the CFP debate though...I can't see us being outside 1st or 2nd in the first rankings with the win over Bama being the best win of the season for any team in the country.

SEC Champion will get in
BIG 10 Champion will get in (unless 2 losses)
ACC Champion in IF undefeated
BIG 12 Champion in IF undefeated

Pac 12 needs the most help since they can't have an undefeated champion.

SEC has the best shot to get in 2 teams, but I think it'll be more likely if we're the undefeated SEC Champion. Then Georgia will only have the 1 loss to the conference winners (like last year). I think if Georgia is the undefeated it makes it more difficult though.
If we beat GA, and Bama in the SEC championship, we're in (duh), GA is in. Bama out.

If we beat GA and lose to Bama in the SECCG, we're in, Bama is in, George is out.

If we lose to GA, GA beats Bama, the vols are in, Bama out.

If we lose to GA, Bama beats GA, GA and Bama are in, Vols to sugar.

All that's predicated on Clemson and TCU losing one which I think they will.

All JMHO.

Last edited:
If we beat GA, and Bama in the SEC championship, we're in (duh), GA is in. Bama out.

If we beat GA and lose to Bama in the SECCG, we're in, Bama is out, George is in.

All JMHO.

I don't think Bama will even get to thr SEC championship game....they have not played well on the road at all and they have back to back games at LSU and at Ole Miss. They will lose 1 of those.

If we beat GA and lose to Bama in the SECCG, we're in, Bama is out, George is in.

All JMHO.

I don't think they would keep a 1 loss Bama team who is also the SEC champion out.

Prayer request for my old girl Charlotte, she's the distinguished old lady on the left. She somehow scraped the cornea of her left eye pretty good and despite our treatment the eye abscessed and has to go. After consulting with the vet we do not feel the risk of putting her under due to her age and the risk of more injury is the right thing. We are treating with antibiotics and letting the eye dissipate naturally.

We made a promise to the prior owners and her that we would look after this old girl and give her the best life possible. I take the responsibility of every animal we take in seriously. She's been in good spirits and is eating and drinking well. If you pray please think of her and include her.....

View attachment 508960

Praying for your beautiful girl Charlotte, sorry to hear about the injury. Hopefully she can continue to live the life she’s used to and it will only be a minor inconvenience. Praying for her to recover and carry on a happy, healthy life.

All JMHO.

We just have to avoid the 11-1 Bama/UGA/UT SEC trifecta. And win out with a close, competitive UGA loss.

LSU doing us a solid and taking care of Bama would eliminate all that. But let's just beat UGA and keep it simple.

If we beat GA and lose to Bama in the SECCG, we're in, Bama is in, George is out.

All JMHO.
100% correct.

They play in a weak conference, but I still think 12-1 PAC-12 Champions Oregon is getting in over 11-1 Tennessee. That Georgia game was Lanning’s first ever game, and they’ve improved a lot since then.

I mean we’ll see how the committee views Oregon in just a few hours, but ultimately this weekend will decide our fate. TCU and Clemson have an easy second half of the season. I can’t see either of them dropping a game, but I hope they do. This just feels like a year where 2 SEC teams aren’t making it unless we start to get some help these last 4 weeks of the regular season.
TCU will 100% drop a game. They are good, but not that good. I think they stumble at least once, maybe twice. Clemson is the one I worry about winning out and taking a spot away despite not being that good.

Oregon only makes the playoffs if silly season gets especially silly. The PAC 12’s only true shot of getting a team in was to have someone go undefeated.

I saw a video where Josh Pate was talking about how insane the transfer portal is going to be this upcoming cycle. He said he has talked to several head coaches who are bracing for the fact they are going to lose quite a few guys. I have a feeling that’s why we haven’t gotten a commit in awhile. Maybe Heupel is waiting for the portal. It’s gonna be thunderdome.

Our chance to reach playoff is 60% currently. Here's where ESPN predicts we go based on win/loss. Better than I expected, to be honest.

View attachment 509119

For the record, Georgia's is currently 70%

I want to know how the winner of this game only has an 80% chance to make playoffs. Winning this game and then losing the SEC Championship will still be 100% in the playoffs. Basically these stats think that the winner of this game has a 20% chance to lose one of their remaining regular season games?!?! That seems way too high. Anything can happen, obviously, but if UT wins Saturday the chance they lose to either Mizzou/USCe/Vandy is miniscule. I would say the same for UGA and whoever they play down the stretch.

I saw a video where Josh Pate was talking about how insane the transfer portal is going to be this upcoming cycle. He said he has talked to several head coaches who are bracing for the fact they are going to lose quite a few guys. I have a feeling that’s why we haven’t gotten a commit in awhile. Maybe Heupel is waiting for the portal. It’s gonna be thunderdome.
Bring them all!!!!!

TCU will 100% drop a game. They are good, but not that good. I think they stumble at least once, maybe twice. Clemson is the one I worry about winning out and taking a spot away despite not being that good.

Oregon only makes the playoffs if silly season gets especially silly. The PAC 12’s only true shot of getting a team in was to have someone go undefeated.

I really think Notre Dame beats Clempson.

I want to know how the winner of this game only has an 80% chance to make playoffs. Winning this game and then losing the SEC Championship will still be 100% in the playoffs. Basically these stats think that the winner of this game has a 20% chance to lose one of their remaining regular season games?!?! That seems way too high. Anything can happen, obviously, but if UT wins Saturday the chance they lose to either Mizzou/USCe/Vandy is miniscule. I would say the same for UGA and whoever they play down the stretch.
I mean there's still slim chances that the winner drops another game or that LSU/OM wins the west. Then losing to one of them would severely hurt the chances.

All JMHO.

Don’t know. I think it also has a lot to do with Oregon, OSU and UM. If Oregon would be out they would only have one loss to UGA. But they will have had wins over USC, UCLA and Utah. They would definitely get in.

Now how are the committee going to deal with a one loss OSU and UM?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
we add Hobbs...flip Keith and Ramil....we're top 8 class this season. 24 class is off to a top 3-5 start, and has serious momentum. do some damage in the portal this winter/spring....

i really like what this looks like for the next 3-5 years for sure. next year, we'll see, i think we'll still be good, but i'd expect a step back from what we're doing this year lol. but the future looks soooo good right now.....

AP has been saying that our success will really be felt in the 24 and 25 classes.

I mean there's still slim chances that the winner drops another game or that LSU/OM wins the west. Then losing to one of them would severely hurt the chances.

I think if the winner of UTv UGA goes into SEC Championship game undefeated but then loses to either LSU/OM they still go to the Playoffs. Right? No way a 1 loss UT/UGA team gets left out.

I'll say this, if by some miracle Ole Piss makes it to Atlanta and we're facing them we'll take old Lane to the shed proper.

Zero doubt in my mind Heupel doesn't set the scoring record in the SECG against 'em.
They remind me of Kentucky

Run heavy. Solid QB prospect

We would be them by 40 too but Bama will handle them first

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back