Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACC has had the 2nd most appearances behind the SEC.

Again it's a what-if, but Oregon is currently running through their weak conference and if when the dust settles the only loss they have is to the defending champs who are still undefeated then I think they'll get in.
The ACC is weak. The only team that's been worth a damn is Clemson, and they benefit from a weak schedule.

Regarding recruiting 2023 concerns, I wonder if there are not a ton of under the table NIL deals signed and parents and recruits who don’t know the legalities, and possibly even threatened with lawsuits for breach of contract, are content to just stay where they are committed to

by design

The current class is awesome. They are going to keep spots available for the portal. We have a chance to do damage there and we will need to.

The ACC is weak. The only team that's been worth a damn is Clemson, and they benefit from a weak schedule.

Again, our opinion on a Tennessee message board is that the ACC, PAC-12, Big 12 all “suck.” But we can’t think of it like that if you’re trying to project what the committee is going to do. They aren’t sitting there and just saying “well this conference sucks.” The fact is undefeated Clemson and TCU are in no matter what. Oregon might be the odd man out in that scenario.

So if ESPN is going to take recruiting rankings into account (and we know how suspect that number is from their rankings) then how do they calculate personnel development?

I’ll go ahead and answer that, they can’t.

Garbage metric

This is why I really only look at some stats from the FPI. I think they do a good job on Strength of Schedule and things like that. But overall power ranking, I couldn’t care less what FPI thinks. I get the idea of wanting to use roster talent but like you said, you’re using metrics from a player from when they are still in high school. No way to judge their rankings based on development after signing.

Really don't think Clemson stays unbeaten. Wake Forest lost by 6, NC State lost by 10, and Syracuse only lost by 6. None of those 3 are as good as UNC (who Clemson will have to face in championship game most likely).

Notre Dame though could make their season with a win, and it's in South Bend. Irish also just handled Syracuse on the road. They seem to have figured some things out and their defense is really solid (only UNC scored more than 28 on them and they won that game).
Clemson still also gets Louisville (5-3), Miami (4-4) but has talent on roster, and then South Carolina (Beamer ball might be enough). Weird year for Clemson, the offense is a top 20 in PPG but they've only scored over 35 in 3 games. Their defense is 21st in PA, but has only held 3 teams to under 20 all season.

TCU I think I'd take the bet they lose at least 1 game. Still have to play at Texas and the next week at Baylor and then they finish the season against Iowa State. That's 3 of the best 4 defenses in the Big 12 left to play and you get them in a row with 2 of them being road games. Not sure Dykes will have the depth to last.

So honestly for me at least I'd say the PAC-12 with Oregon, USC, & UCLA all sitting at 1 loss has the best shot to get in the 4th team. But I think a 2nd SEC team can sneak in over USC/UCLA...legit I think the Pac-12s best shot is Oregon with only the 1 loss to Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back