Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took turns holding our first born all night long until she was about 6 months old. We finally decided we couldn't do it anymore. We laid her down one night and sat on the couch and cried as she cried and screamed for about two hours. The next night was a little less. And so on for about a week or two. She will be 18 soon and the crying is about different things now.

My wife and I did that with our son for the first week or so of his life. It was miserable. I would go to sleep at 7 pm, my wife would take over, then I would wake up at 2 am and hold him until 8-9 am watching movies and trying not to pass out. We both felt much better being awakened every hour instead of doing those marathon shifts.

Didn’t anticipate having to ignore folks this week. Not sure why anyone would come in here when we’re 8-0 and try to find something to complain about.

I don’t have time for that. I’m going to enjoy this week.

Went trick or treating in our neighborhood north of Atlanta tonight. My 5yo and 7yo boys had their Vols’ jerseys and helmets on. I was obnoxious with my UT gear. It was a blast.

I’m wearing my dobbnail boot t-shirt all week. Wore it to church yesterday and had it on for trick or treating today. It will be ripe come Saturday, but it’s worth it.

Vols - 45

Home team - 24

We took turns holding our first born all night long until she was about 6 months old. We finally decided we couldn't do it anymore. We laid her down one night and sat on the couch and cried as she cried and screamed for about two hours. The next night was a little less. And so on for about a week or two. She will be 18 soon and the crying is about different things now.

Well yeah. I assume you're crying now because she's a teenager. They're the worst.

Prayer request for my old girl Charlotte, she's the distinguished old lady on the left. She somehow scraped the cornea of her left eye pretty good and despite our treatment the eye abscessed and has to go. After consulting with the vet we do not feel the risk of putting her under due to her age and the risk of more injury is the right thing. We are treating with antibiotics and letting the eye dissipate naturally.

We made a promise to the prior owners and her that we would look after this old girl and give her the best life possible. I take the responsibility of every animal we take in seriously. She's been in good spirits and is eating and drinking well. If you pray please think of her and include her.....

FB_IMG_1608788282497.jpg

Last edited:
Didn’t anticipate having to ignore folks this week. Not sure why anyone would come in here when we’re 8-0 and try to find something to complain about.

I don’t have time for that. I’m going to enjoy this week.

Went trick or treating in our neighborhood north of Atlanta tonight. My 5yo and 7yo boys had their Vols’ jerseys and helmets on. I was obnoxious with my UT gear. It was a blast.

I’m wearing my dobbnail boot t-shirt all week. Wore it to church yesterday and had it on for trick or treating today. It will be ripe come Saturday, but it’s worth it.

Vols - 45

Home team - 24
Every time I think at least this week nobody will be complaining, I am proven wrong.

Same
By the 6th month we were zombies

We tried that. He just kept crying. Ended up laying him on me while I was propped up so we could all get some sleep. He could at least go 3 to 4 hours that way. Found out when he was a teenager he had something called Barrett’s esophagus which must’ve caused a reflux problem. He had trouble on and off until a teenager when they found it and operated. So don’t always assume they are just spoiled.

Jeez...just because I am not a relentless photon pumper doesn’t make me any less of a fan than any of you guys. I see what I see, but when they prove me wrong for being pessimistic then that is exactly what I want to happen. The feeling I get when they vastly exceed my expectations is freaking awesome, conversely I hate thinking we are definitely going to win and then getting completely gutted.

The things I say aren't crazy off the wall crap, people just don't want to hear it.

More steam McGill. Don’t lose focus.

Remember, we have not seen this offense fully click and this could be the game. Just dont think GA can stop TN. Bowl cut runs the same defense as Saban does at Bama and we seen how well Saban fared. I am sure Saban and bowl cut have been talking these last 2 weeks trying to figure out how to just contain this offense and maybe ole bowl cut should call Stoops since he had the recipe. TN wins and the GA fans tears their own goalpost down for TN.
By the way, for some odd reason my GA friend has not answered his phone in 2 days since I texted him YOUR NEXT. I think he is ignoring me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back