‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

We don't know that a poster has caused a loss of a recruit YET, but we have had a family member take exception with a poster or two. So they are influenced by comments by FANS on this very board. Certainly not a positive one in this instance. Trying to limit one's liability to the program just does not categorically hold up anymore.
Have you ever heard of the legend of Sabannochio?

Hadden is the only scholarship guy to seem to have a nose for the football.

Charles needs to play nickel or safety, and we need those young guys for 2023 to be ready!

in 2023:
CB Gibson (Fr) / Matthews (Fr) / Harrison (RSFr)
CB Hadden (Sr) / Rucker (Sr) / Williams (Sr)
NB Charles (Jr) / Turnage (Sr)/ Conyer (Fr)
ST McDonald (Sr) / Thomas (So) / J Slaughter (Fr)
SS D Slaughter (Sr) / Smith (Fr)
FS Walker (Jr) / Turrentine (So)

That's 16 Scholarship guys.
1 Freshman starter
3 Total freshman in the 2 deep
From what I've seen it should be Turnage and Hadden starting at CB. We would've seen Turnage ball out had he not got hurt by hitting the wall in the endzone

From what I've seen it should be Turnage and Hadden starting at CB. We would've seen Turnage ball out had he not got hurt by hitting the wall in the endzone
Coaches get it wrong sometimes. BUT...Turnage has had every opportunity to play and earn a real spot out there. Especially with Burrell being out...Hadden fighting injury...

He did have good coverage on that play he got hurt.

And you still haven’t answered why you’d say something so ignorant that even might hurt the Vols’ chances with a high priority recruit. Someone could run your reputation at work down without good reason but why? Why would they say something that can cause no good and might do harm if they claim to support you or the company?

Not needing my approval doesn’t change the fact that it was unnecessary and dumb… as in lacking any intelligent rationale
You been around here awhile so you know the post on him have been about 90% negative so why did my joke trigger you?
It ain’t gonna change 1 damn thing.
If him or his family read this forum at all that train left the station before he ever got back to Knoxville.
I don’t have a real opinion on his ability 1 way or the other, the vast majority on here do and it ain’t good, he seems to have no trouble getting jobs or recruiting so I’ll leave it to the HC to evaluate him, and the recruits to make up their own mind.
I’m not delusional, I know my post won’t influence them 1 damn bit.

Reactions: Cbateman7606
Hadden is the only scholarship guy to seem to have a nose for the football.

Charles needs to play nickel or safety, and we need those young guys for 2023 to be ready!

in 2023:
CB Gibson (Fr) / Matthews (Fr) / Harrison (RSFr)
CB Hadden (Sr) / Rucker (Sr) / Williams (Sr)
NB Charles (Jr) / Turnage (Sr)/ Conyer (Fr)
ST McDonald (Sr) / Thomas (So) / J Slaughter (Fr)
SS D Slaughter (Sr) / Smith (Fr)
FS Walker (Jr) / Turrentine (So)

That's 16 Scholarship guys.
1 Freshman starter
3 Total freshman in the 2 deep

Charles has improved at CB as the season has gone on.

I wanted too. Don’t need any other reason and
Don’t need your approval.

If recruits going to pass on a school because they read on a message board something not flattering to everyone then there’s zero schools out there for them to choose from.
Welcome to the real world
We need more posters like you. Keep em coming.

Or not...

Rickey Gibson had 4 tackles and 2 pass deflections. Still hasn't given up a completion all year??

Oh and he had a 70 yard TD!

His team is on a win streak and only lost to Hoover and Thompson by a combined 9 points. Also lost to Central 1st game but they are playing much better now

Ricky Gibson should AT LEAST be a composite 4 star from measurables and what he’s done in game. "He was absolutely a take for UGA too".
That's what's meant by recruiting better than we've done in the past. Taking players the other top teams wanted. It is a recurring theme in this class. And going forward we will be a major player out on the trail.

day 1 starter

I would rather write next year off (I’m one of the few not sold on Milton) and go 7-5 playing 4-5 freshman DBs then to ever see McCullough or Haden on the field again. Slaughter can have a pass because he’s playing out of position but McCullough couldn’t cover Sun Belt receivers. Another gift from the DB guru Jeremy Pruitt

I would rather write next year off (I’m one of the few not sold on Milton) and go 7-5 playing 4-5 freshman DBs then to ever see McCullough or Haden on the field again. Slaughter can have a pass because he’s playing out of position but McCullough couldn’t cover Sun Belt receivers. Another gift from the DB guru Jeremy Pruitt

Pruitt is the worst db recruiter we have had, for sure. It was Dooley not taking offensive lineman level bad.

Correction: it was worse. At least Dooley landed one top offensive line class

This CB class is one of best in the country. Need to build on it with another good one. Beasley is a great start. Love Matthews, Gibson, and Conyer. All excellent.
No where close to it. Gibson and Matthews will be a lot of help if we can get some better coaching in the defensive backfield, but Conyer will be at Western Kentucky in 2 years and should be dropped for Scott ASAP. Our corner class is the 3rd best in the SEC East. That alone won’t cut it. We need some stud transfers too

Last edited:
No where close to it. Gibson and Matthews will be a lot of help if we can get some better coaching in the defensive backfield, but Conyer will be at Western Kentucky in 2 years and should be dropped for Scott ASAP. Our corner class is the 3rd best in the SEC East. That alone won’t cut it. We need some stud transfers too
Florida and UGA?

That still.would.put ours in top 10 overall.

I wouldn't be against a stud CB transfer.
We'll see what happens.

You're forgetting, our pass rush.
It has to continue get better. They were no shows last Saturday

Florida and UGA?

That still.would.put ours in top 10 overall.

I wouldn't be against a stud CB transfer.
We'll see what happens.

You're forgetting, our pass rush.
It has to continue get better. They were no shows last Saturday
A top 10 DB class would be great if our secondary wasn’t one of the worst in the country that has also regressed. Did it ever occur to anyone that they may be developing poor habits and that Alonte Taylor and Theo Jackson were so good last year because they had a former NFL guy coaching them the years prior and Jackson was finally given an opportunity to shine? As long as Martinez is the DB coach we will have average secondary play at best with Gibson and Matthews

Last edited:

VN Store

Back