‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Yeah he has pretty good speed for a LB. If his coverage continues to improve, he can absolutely be on an NFL roster.
Yeah he's def gotta work on his coverage I sometimes think he feels he needs to do to much.Beasley stepping up would be huge for that group.If u asked me last year I would have dead said he reminds me of Vontez Burfict.Dude could lay the hammer but he steady got flags upon flags.Ive really enjoyed seeing Banks growth and how he's become a leader and not a liability i expect him to have a good season.

*My bad didn't mean to derail Gibsons thread yall..

See @825VOL 's post. They actually don't do it for a living. They stoke and profit on fan interest for a living. Of all fanbases, UT should pay the least amount of attention to their opinions. This is a list of guys just over the last few years who were rated 4/5* when UT signed them:

Nukeese Richardson
Darren Miles
David Oku
Corey Miller
Matt Milton
Ted Meline
DeAnthony Arnett
Marlen Lane
Dray Bowles
Pit Howard
Devante Bourque
Jason Carr
Dillon Bates
Dontavius Blair
Gavin Bryant
Drew Richmond
Tyler Byrd

The list goes on and on... I tried to avoid any who were remotely debatable.

Recruit ratings are much like pre-season predictions. None of the guys making them get held accountable for being extremely inaccurate.

I also noted you left off names of players who were here then wound up transferring out (i.e. Da’Rick (sp?) Rogers & Preston Williams)

I also noted you left off names of players who were here then wound up transferring out (i.e. Da’Rick (sp?) Rogers & Preston Williams)
I thought Rogers finished his eligibility at UT? Williams became a pretty decent WR for Colorado St. Not sure what happened to him afterwards

I thought Rogers finished his eligibility at UT? Williams became a pretty decent WR for Colorado St. Not sure what happened to him afterwards
Rogers finished at Tennessee Tech. Williams currently in the NFL.

Reactions: ACvol3
See @825VOL 's post. They actually don't do it for a living. They stoke and profit on fan interest for a living. Of all fanbases, UT should pay the least amount of attention to their opinions. This is a list of guys just over the last few years who were rated 4/5* when UT signed them:

Nukeese Richardson
Darren Miles
David Oku
Corey Miller
Matt Milton
Ted Meline
DeAnthony Arnett
Marlen Lane
Dray Bowles
Pit Howard
Devante Bourque
Jason Carr
Dillon Bates
Dontavius Blair
Gavin Bryant
Drew Richmond
Tyler Byrd

The list goes on and on... I tried to avoid any who were remotely debatable.

Recruit ratings are much like pre-season predictions. None of the guys making them get held accountable for being extremely inaccurate.

Gonna throw another “4/5” star out there… Harrison Bailey….

Reactions: sjt18
Gonna throw another “4/5” star out there… Harrison Bailey….

Really? Look what staff he was under. He was under a staff almost as bad as what JG had to endure. Coaching matters. Bailey had the stats and played at a GA powerhouse HS. He became either the 4th or 5th passer in GA football HS history. He earned his high ranking. Do you honestly believe he would have been this bad had he committed to Bama or OSU? Highly doubtful.

Really? Look what staff he was under. He was under a staff almost as bad as what JG had to endure. Coaching matters. Bailey had the stats and played at a GA powerhouse HS. He became either the 4th or 5th passer in GA football HS history. He earned his high ranking. Do you honestly believe he would have been this bad had he committed to Bama or OSU? Highly doubtful.

And he didn’t even crack the starting line-up at UNLV.

He’s not an elite QB at this level.

He would’ve ended up at UNLV if he went to one of those schools as well. And I was one who always thought he was gonna develop into something. But his tools just aren’t a fit for this level

And he didn’t even crack the starting line-up at UNLV.

He’s not an elite QB at this level.

Like I said he has had zero development and zero coaching at the college level. I would be interested to see what he could have been had he been under Heupel ever since he got to college.

He would’ve ended up at UNLV if he went to one of those schools as well. And I was one who always thought he was gonna develop into something. But his tools just aren’t a fit for this level

Maybe. But like I said, he has had almost zero quality coaching since he committed to us. It would have been interesting to have seen him under this staff his whole time. Who knows?

I agree wholeheartedly! Coaching matters. All the stars in the world don’t matter if you have an imbecile for a coach, on the other hand a good coach can take a 2 or 3 star and develop the talent to their maximal potential and get them to play at a higher level than some 4 & 5 stars.

Maybe. But like I said, he has had almost zero quality coaching since he committed to us. It would have been interesting to have seen him under this staff his whole time. Who knows?

If he were truly a 5*, he'd be a) somewhere better than UNLV, b) be a star at UNLV, and/or c) actually starting at UNLV. But he was grossly mis-rated. He has an average arm a slow/hitchy delivery, and doesn't see the field. He's Justin Worley, Part 2. Great coaching might make him better than he currently is, but that's not what 5*s are. 5*s are guys with elite talent who excel under almost any coach. It's not like Jim Chaney hasn't ever had success coaching a QB before.

If he were truly a 5*, he'd be a) somewhere better than UNLV, b) be a star at UNLV, and/or c) actually starting at UNLV. But he was grossly mis-rated. He has an average arm a slow/hitchy delivery, and doesn't see the field. He's Justin Worley, Part 2. Great coaching might make him better than he currently is, but that's not what 5*s are. 5*s are guys with elite talent who excel under almost any coach. It's not like Jim Chaney hasn't ever had success coaching a QB before.
Yeah, now he has played in three games this season and is 5 of 13 for 36 yards. 0 TD's and 0 INT's. The stuff of legends right there.

VN Store

Back