‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

giphy.gif

I feel complicit by posting here but why hasn’t this thread died? We have Nico committed and Nico is a better fit for Heupel’s offense than Arch. Nico is pivotal to this recruiting class and has relationships with our commits. UT isn’t going to take Arch’s commitment and dump Nico for many reasons, and Arch isn’t coming here with Nico committed.

I feel complicit by posting here but why hasn’t this thread died? We have Nico committed and Nico is a better fit for Heupel’s offense than Arch. Nico is pivotal to this recruiting class and has relationships with our commits. UT isn’t going to take Arch’s commitment and dump Nico for many reasons, and Arch isn’t coming here with Nico committed.

All the way up to NSD, some posters claimed Ty Simpson was flipping to Vols.

He is this year’s Ty Simpson apparently.

So we just look on past Kentucky? Guaranteed win? Some of your takes, man....
You want a "take "?

Kentucky can't slow down a competent passing attack.
Well, Tennessee has probably the most effective passing attack. Certainly the most dangerous.

Kentucky's offense is average and they want to establish the run. They have a qb with upside but turnover prone.
- Yeah we're 105 in defense but we're top 40 in Turnovers created.
- 10th the in rush defense.
So we create turovers going against a turnover prone QB and we can stop any chance of them running the ball...

If Tennessee comes ready to TCB, (Not looking past....no one said ANYTHING about looking past 😏) then Tennessee wins in a blowout because we are the worst matchup for them.
(Read above for clarity on that take)

Tennessee 59
Kentucky 17

Reactions: buckfama
Don't twist my words.

People don't need to be worried about Kentucky. That's not the same as "walking" past...
Sounds an awful like mental gymnastics to attempt to hash thru the semantics between you dressing down anyone cautioning us to "be careful with Kentucky" ahead of the biggest game of the year against UGA, and your insinuation that Tennessee has nothing to worry about with Kentucky.

Now, your above post has provided some context to your comment, but Kentucky is a perfect trap game if our players allow it to be, and it won't have anything to do with the stats, the talent, or any physical attribute. It will be entirely mental.

I agree, though...if we do what we do, play to our capability, and protect the football, we should beat them. It doesn't mean I won't worry about the Kentucky game because they aren't a pushover and we need to guard against looking ahead to UK.

Reactions: GenRRN
Sounds an awful like mental gymnastics to attempt to hash thru the semantics between you dressing down anyone cautioning us to "be careful with Kentucky" ahead of the biggest game of the year against UGA, and your insinuation that Tennessee has nothing to worry about with Kentucky.

Now, your above post has provided some context to your comment, but Kentucky is a perfect trap game if our players allow it to be, and it won't have anything to do with the stats, the talent, or any physical attribute. It will be entirely mental.

I agree, though...if we do what we do, play to our capability, and protect the football, we should beat them. It doesn't mean I won't worry about the Kentucky game because they aren't a pushover and we need to guard against looking ahead to UK.

There's zero mental gymnastics.

I don't understand why people take my words out of context so often.
Tennessee is a horrible match up for Kentucky. All the little brother syndrome aside- they just don't match up well. They don't have their good pass rushers like we've seen in recent years.

Most importantly- THIS SEASON- when have you seen Tennessee come into a game not ready???

There was no letdown at 25th ranked LSU before Bama.

Kentucky is 19th? Division rival.
This team doesn't look over anybody. They just want to kickass!!

There's zero mental gymnastics.

I don't understand why people take my words out of context so often.
Tennessee is a horrible match up for Kentucky. All the little brother syndrome aside- they just don't match up well. They don't have their good pass rushers like we've seen in recent years.

Most importantly- THIS SEASON- when have you seen Tennessee come into a game not ready???

There was no letdown at 25th ranked LSU before Bama.

Kentucky is 19th? Division rival.
This team doesn't look over anybody. They just want to kickass!!
I'm not saying Tennessee has or does take opponents for granted. It doesn't mean they won't. At the end of the day, these are still college kids and they are still prone to getting the big head when the whole country is glowingly talking about you.

Matchups aside, it's very fair to be on guard, from a fan perspective, against a talented opponent ahead of playing an elite opponent.

Lastly, regarding your belief that you are routinely taken out of context; you are the common denominator in those conversations. Maybe state your opinions more clearly upfront and leave less up for interpretation.

Reactions: walkenvol
View attachment 505358

How to Lose a Manning in 10 Days: Arch is definitely flipping to Tennessee now© Provided by Fansided
Over the course of the last week and change, the perfect storm is brewing to get Arch Manning to flip from Texas to say … Tennessee.
Arch Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee still feels like a pipe dream, but the last week or so has turned that fictitious nightmare for Austinites into a potential reality for the Rocky Top faithful.
Here is how to lose a Manning in 10 days…
Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee would be like the Atlanta Falcons blowing a 28-3 lead to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 51. But you know what? It did happen, and it sucked for yours truly. From fellow sports catastrophe sufferers out there, I don't wish for this to happen to you, UT, but I'm gonna get right in the middle of this storm a-brewing, Jim Cantore style.
When alright, alright, alright becomes aight … here you go, bro.

How to lose a Manning in 10 days: The perfect storm brewing to get Arch to flip
With Texas falling to 5-3 in Steve Sarkisian's second year at the helm, the Longhorns aren't going to Arlington this season and they are not going to a New Year's Six bowl. Furthermore, they still need to win one more game to achieve sacred bowl eligibility. They are going to do that, but it is about finishing, something Sarkisian's teams do not do and why Scott Frost is out at Nebraska…

In that road loss to the Pokes, Texas could not find the end zone at all in the second half. A bad fourth quarter by Texas allowed Oklahoma State to come back and avoid humiliation at home. More importantly, the consistently inconsistent Spencer Sanders outdueled the mighty Quinn Ewers throughout. The mullet-ed one completed 38 percent of his passes and threw three picks.

Why would we take anyone over Nico? Not gonna happen unless by some miracle they both want to come together

We got our QBs of the future - Jackson & Nico. Arch is a bad fit for us. Runs like Cooper - so so. If his last name were Ralph, we probably wouldn't have even offered. Not sour grapes.

Why would we take anyone over Nico? Not gonna happen unless by some miracle they both want to come together
We wouldn’t, Nico is the perfect fit for this offense. Literally taylor made. Now if Arch want to come here and battle it out, obviously we’d welcome that. Who wouldn’t? But we all know that’s not happening…………or is it?

Arch isn’t coming here. Also most of the big names have already committed. I can see Ole Miss or LSU. I don’t see him coming to UT when we have Nico. Makes no sense.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
If you've seen. Other play, you know Nico has the edge in accuracy, arm strength, speed, elusiveness. Don't know the leadership skills of Manning, but Nico is a Pied Piper. He leads, they follow.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back