‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

I'll take things that ain't gonna happen for $500, Alex.

We have Nico. I don't take Arch or the Mannings for the type to back off a commitment.
Eli refused to play for the chargers. I think Arch would back off his comitment if the family felt it was a bad career move. I dont think there is a chance he comes here though.

Eli refused to play for the chargers. I think Arch would back off his comitment if the family felt it was a bad career move. I dont think there is a chance he comes here though.
I think they'd allow it only if the coach got fired. Eli didn't choose San Diego, so refusing to play for them wasn't a matter of going back on his word.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
View attachment 505358

How to Lose a Manning in 10 Days: Arch is definitely flipping to Tennessee now© Provided by Fansided
Over the course of the last week and change, the perfect storm is brewing to get Arch Manning to flip from Texas to say … Tennessee.
Arch Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee still feels like a pipe dream, but the last week or so has turned that fictitious nightmare for Austinites into a potential reality for the Rocky Top faithful.
Here is how to lose a Manning in 10 days…
Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee would be like the Atlanta Falcons blowing a 28-3 lead to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 51. But you know what? It did happen, and it sucked for yours truly. From fellow sports catastrophe sufferers out there, I don't wish for this to happen to you, UT, but I'm gonna get right in the middle of this storm a-brewing, Jim Cantore style.
When alright, alright, alright becomes aight … here you go, bro.

How to lose a Manning in 10 days: The perfect storm brewing to get Arch to flip
With Texas falling to 5-3 in Steve Sarkisian's second year at the helm, the Longhorns aren't going to Arlington this season and they are not going to a New Year's Six bowl. Furthermore, they still need to win one more game to achieve sacred bowl eligibility. They are going to do that, but it is about finishing, something Sarkisian's teams do not do and why Scott Frost is out at Nebraska…

In that road loss to the Pokes, Texas could not find the end zone at all in the second half. A bad fourth quarter by Texas allowed Oklahoma State to come back and avoid humiliation at home. More importantly, the consistently inconsistent Spencer Sanders outdueled the mighty Quinn Ewers throughout. The mullet-ed one completed 38 percent of his passes and threw three picks.
Who says we would want him?...lol.

I've only watched him play a couple times. He's a good QB, but I wholeheartedly believe he wouldn't be ranked where is without the family/name. I've been wrong a bunch and he may prove me wrong; he's got the resources and pedigree. I just don't see the fascination. However, I rarely do get the hype about these guys. It's not just because Manning is going elsewhere, I have reservations about every big-time recruit. I think the pressure put on these guys is absurd and you just never know how it will turn out.

Last edited:
Don't want him. We got Nico and the Manning name will just bring drama. The only place for the Manning name to go is down for Tennessee because there is no way Arch is going to surpass Peyton. I would rather keep the relationship with the Manning name a healthy one.

Arch is a smart kid.

He sees this offense how it's clicking now.

He also has seen Nico Iamaleava all throughout the off-season and their senior seasons.

The people writing that article know as much about football as the idiots on here telling everyone else for our team to be "careful " against Kentucky. 🙄.
Arch knows he's not as good.
Just like anyone that knows anything about football will tell you THIS Vols team can put 60 on Kentucky...

Both ideas are a complete waste of time to entertain.

Reactions: Clevegasvol
I'll be happy for Arch, whatever he chooses, or has chosen; but, I'm even more happy for us Vols. We have our QB, the best QB in the nation, Nico Iamaleava. That is in no way a knock on Arch, I believe he is very good, as well...just not the best; and, I'll NEVER say a bad word about a Manning, never. His uncle is my hero, and has been for over half my life, and he deserves for us Vols to never disrespect, in any way, his nephew.

Don't want him. We got Nico and the Manning name will just bring drama. The only place for the Manning name to go is down for Tennessee because there is no way Arch is going to surpass Peyton. I would rather keep the relationship with the Manning name a healthy one.
I don't know. If Peyton's son turns out to be a good QB down the road, I'd be interested in taking another Manning. But for this class, I'm happy with Nico. It's not like Arch is a Tennessee legacy. He's an Ole Miss legacy. Other than his uncle, the rest of the family went to Ole Miss. If anything, Lane should be trying to get in on this kid.

Arch is a smart kid.

He sees this offense how it's clicking now.

He also has seen Nico Iamaleava all throughout the off-season and their senior seasons.

The people writing that article know as much about football as the idiots on here telling everyone else for our team to be "careful " against Kentucky. 🙄.
Arch knows he's not as good.
Just like anyone that knows anything about football will tell you THIS Vols team can put 60 on Kentucky...

Both ideas are a complete waste of time to entertain.
So we just look on past Kentucky? Guaranteed win? Some of your takes, man....

If he flips it'll be UGA. Him choosing Texas over OM, UT, Bama, LSU etc suggests he wants to make his legacy. He can do that at UGA as a QB.

VN Store

Back