‘23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas commit)

One of these recruiting services would gain a lot of respect if they'd quit pandering to the fans and give him a more accurate grade. Pretty much every single person, who isn't a Texas fan, knows he's not a perfect grade 5* and possibly not a 5* at all. Those guys who keep propping him up as 1 of the top 3 recruits in the past 20years are making themselves look like clowns.

Truthfully, rankings only matter to fans. For some kids, it serves as motivation to prove naysayers wrong. For other kids, it's a distraction that goes to their head. There have been many 4 and 5 star busts. There are a lot of variables that will determine if a kid will be successful at the school they choose, and ranking ain't one of them.

Truthfully, rankings only matter to fans. For some kids, it serves as motivation to prove naysayers wrong. For other kids, it's a distraction that goes to their head. There have been many 4 and 5 star busts. There are a lot of variables that will determine if a kid will be successful at the school they choose, and ranking ain't one of them.
So much this. His play on the field (just like Nico's) will determine how good/great he is. Who cares what the On3 people rate him as?

To be completely fair,

These days one could argue it affects NIL valuations. Being "the #1 recruit" or even a "5 star" can pump up your image and marketability to potential businesses/collectives.

Last edited:
To be completely fair,

These days one could argue it affects NIL valuations. Being "the #1 recruit" or even a "5 star" can pump up your image and marketability to potential businesses/collectives.
Yup I'd say it probably has more value now...

ESPN drops Arch Manning from No. 1 overall 2023 recruit

"ESPN dropping Manning, a Texas commit, from the top spot comes on the heels of former Rivals recruiting director Mike Farrell saying that Manning would be a three-star quarterback prospect if it were not for his last name. Manning is the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning, two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks."

"Farrell went on to say that Manning hasn't "progressed" since his freshman season of high school when he was Newman's starting quarterback."

"When he has had to step up against other competition, especially in the playoff game where he looked awful, it just hasn't translated," Farrell said. "Every time I watch other quarterbacks in this class, it knocks Arch down in my head."

"ESPN dropping Manning, a Texas commit, from the top spot comes on the heels of former Rivals recruiting director Mike Farrell saying that Manning would be a three-star quarterback prospect if it were not for his last name. Manning is the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning, two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks."

"Farrell went on to say that Manning hasn't "progressed" since his freshman season of high school when he was Newman's starting quarterback."

"When he has had to step up against other competition, especially in the playoff game where he looked awful, it just hasn't translated," Farrell said. "Every time I watch other quarterbacks in this class, it knocks Arch down in my head."

Ouch. That's pretty strong language used there. But honestly, may be true. I'm happy to ride with Nico.

YlYrL9hHHI5HVmBc95.gif

Wow.... he's #2 overall now. SMDH.

Wrong thread 🤦🏻‍♂️
amateur-hour-will-ferrell.gif

1666576219561.png

How to Lose a Manning in 10 Days: Arch is definitely flipping to Tennessee now© Provided by Fansided
Over the course of the last week and change, the perfect storm is brewing to get Arch Manning to flip from Texas to say … Tennessee.
Arch Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee still feels like a pipe dream, but the last week or so has turned that fictitious nightmare for Austinites into a potential reality for the Rocky Top faithful.
Here is how to lose a Manning in 10 days…
Manning flipping from Texas to Tennessee would be like the Atlanta Falcons blowing a 28-3 lead to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl 51. But you know what? It did happen, and it sucked for yours truly. From fellow sports catastrophe sufferers out there, I don't wish for this to happen to you, UT, but I'm gonna get right in the middle of this storm a-brewing, Jim Cantore style.
When alright, alright, alright becomes aight … here you go, bro.

How to lose a Manning in 10 days: The perfect storm brewing to get Arch to flip
With Texas falling to 5-3 in Steve Sarkisian's second year at the helm, the Longhorns aren't going to Arlington this season and they are not going to a New Year's Six bowl. Furthermore, they still need to win one more game to achieve sacred bowl eligibility. They are going to do that, but it is about finishing, something Sarkisian's teams do not do and why Scott Frost is out at Nebraska…

In that road loss to the Pokes, Texas could not find the end zone at all in the second half. A bad fourth quarter by Texas allowed Oklahoma State to come back and avoid humiliation at home. More importantly, the consistently inconsistent Spencer Sanders outdueled the mighty Quinn Ewers throughout. The mullet-ed one completed 38 percent of his passes and threw three picks.

VN Store

Back