Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

For some visuals to go along with the podcast, I dug around some old photos. Most have a description, except the first one. It’s April 19, 2014 and Tennessee is hosting Alabama. School is in session. Look at the empty seats behind home plate and it’s an SEC game. I had the 9 year old team I coached take the field with the Vols for the national anthem; UT doesn’t do it anymore. 70CD1AAB-2BEA-457A-9130-B7F240AAEC42.jpeg

2DACF8DA-29FE-4F7B-8C35-27D0BE040130.jpeg

B958CBFA-7EAC-4EF7-A607-80041F1F552D.jpeg
February 18, 2011 opening game.
71081A5A-7337-4070-B7DC-159D62270D4E.jpeg

For some visuals to go along with the podcast, I dug around some old photos. Most have a description, except the first one. It’s April 19, 2014 and Tennessee is hosting Alabama. School is in session. Look at the empty seats behind home plate and it’s an SEC game. I had the 9 year old team I coached take the field with the Vols for the national anthem; UT doesn’t do it anymore. View attachment 499896

View attachment 499897

View attachment 499899
View attachment 499903
Lean times would be an understatement.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
For some visuals to go along with the podcast, I dug around some old photos. Most have a description, except the first one. It’s April 19, 2014 and Tennessee is hosting Alabama. School is in session. Look at the empty seats behind home plate and it’s an SEC game. I had the 9 year old team I coached take the field with the Vols for the national anthem; UT doesn’t do it anymore. View attachment 499896

View attachment 499897

View attachment 499899
View attachment 499903

Enjoyed the discussion! I was just hoping to hear from @1RBFjr about his dream car and any superstitions at the ballpark! 🤣

View attachment 499897

View attachment 499899
View attachment 499903
Really enjoyed the podcast and history. I’d like to thank you and all of the loyal VFLs who stood by the BaseVols for decades win or lose, snow or shine! 👍🍊😀👊👍. Sadly enough, my last game before the 21 season was during the Todd Helton Era. My first game at LNS was watching Max Ferguson walkoff vs Arkansas during the first 100% opening during COVID. I caught the BaseVols bug and probably make 70% of the games now driving from from N of ATL. The Braves miss me but I now prefer college baseball over MLB and I’ve been a diehard Braves fan since the days of Dale Murphy and the old Fulton Co Stadium. I won’t miss a BaseVols game (thanks to SEC+). Can’t wait for Feb!

Really enjoyed the podcast and history. I’d like to thank you and all of the loyal VFLs who stood by the BaseVols for decades win or lose, snow or shine! 👍🍊😀👊👍. Sadly enough, my last game before the 21 season was during the Todd Helton Era. My first game at LNS was watching Max Ferguson walkoff vs Arkansas during the first 100% opening during COVID. I caught the BaseVols bug and probably make 70% of the games now driving from from N of ATL. The Braves miss me but I now prefer college baseball over MLB and I’ve been a diehard Braves fan since the days of Dale Murphy and the old Fulton Co Stadium. I won’t miss a BaseVols game (thanks to SEC+). Can’t wait for Feb!
I’m so glad that you and so many others can watch UT baseball so easily these days, @taylorvol It’s a whole lot easier to be a fan. When I was a kid I watched the Cubs and Braves on WGN and WTBS and got to like them that way.

Reactions: taylorvol and MAD
Yes, I like cars like many other people do. Do you like cars, @taylorvol ?
My old boss was a car guy and actively traded and collected cars. I appreciate classic cars and trucks and admire the Corvette Stingray but am not knowledgable and don’t consider myself an aficionado. I tend to buy new and keep for a long time.

I’m so glad that you and so many others can watch UT baseball so easily these days, @taylorvol It’s a whole lot easier to be a fan. When I was a kid I watched the Cubs and Braves on WGN and WTBS and got to like them that way.
TBS made me an avid Braves fan. I miss the days of Ted Turner and don’t like the corporate ownership of today’s Braves. With that said, Truist Park is pretty cool and the Battery development is very well done.

Reactions: @1RBFjr and MAD
TBS made me an avid Braves fan. I miss the days of Ted Turner and don’t like the corporate ownership of today’s Braves. With that said, Truist Park is pretty cool and the Battery development is very well done.
Does Truist Park have a Tiki Hut?

My old boss was a car guy and actively traded and collected cars. I appreciate classic cars and trucks and admire the Corvette Stingray but am not knowledgable and don’t consider myself an aficionado. I tend to buy new and keep for a long time.
I buy to keep as well. I put about 250K on a Toyota before I gave it away. Current daily driver has 170K on it.

Reactions: taylorvol
Ya need to buy new and trade 'em when they get dirty. Come on now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back