‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

I hadn’t even thought about TE. After Warren and Fant I don’t even know who we have.

Wonder if Darnell Washington is content sitting behind Bowers for another year
Id gladly take him, tho I wonder if he would play well with our tempo.

Our TEs do so much in this offense, and we need grown men at that position. Hopefully Campbell is ready next season.

Wait 11 billionaire alums?! Who?!

Please don't make me research that lol. I got that information from one of the sports talk shows on the sports animal and was just as surprised as you are. Off the top of my head: Charlie Ergen (Over 5 billion), Bill Haslim (over 2 billion), and Jim Haslim (over 4 billion). I'm pretty sure these guys all donate.

One that surprised me was Michigan. Apparently they have a lot of wealthy alumni.

Please don't make me research that lol. I got that information from one of the sports talk shows on the sports animal and was just as surprised as you are. Off the top of my head: Charlie Ergen (Over 5 billion), Bill Haslim (over 2 billion), and Jim Haslim (over 4 billion). I'm pretty sure these guys all donate.

One that surprised me was Michigan. Apparently they have a lot of wealthy alumni.

Ergen doesn't donate to athletics.

Michigan doesn't surprise me at all. Great academic institution with a huge alumni base. That combo will usually lead to more rich donors, due to sheer odds. I'm not sure another school has their combination of elite academics with so many alums. Maybe UCLA.

Michigan doesn't surprise me at all. Great academic institution with a huge alumni base. That combo will usually lead to more rich donors, due to sheer odds. I'm not sure another school has their combination of elite academics with so many alums. Maybe UCLA.

With the exceptions of Yale, Harvard, and Penn then idk. They aren't exactly sports power houses though.

It was a good start. Hopefully they don't rebound.

Watching that game footage, I don't see how that was just a bad game. They didn't just lose, the game was not even close for 90% of it. MTSU dominated them and their secondary looked worse than ours somehow. That is not something that gets fixed in a game or two. If they don't improve drastically, and fast, I see 5-7 in their future. Also their QB play was atrocious.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
-Min Kao (founder of Garmin) is certainly one. Not likely a donor to athletics, though I'm not sure that was a qualifier.

-Charlie Ergen (Dish Network)
-Jim Haslam (Pilot)
-Jimmy Haslam (Pilot/Cleveland Browns)
-Bill Haslam (Pilot/Politics)

-Jim Justice (Governor of WV) was enrolled at the University of Tennessee on a golf scholarship, but transferred to Marshall University. He was, at one time, a billionaire, but no longer is, and is not technically an alumnus, either.

There may be others, but that's all I can come up with.

-Min Kao (founder of Garmin) is certainly one. Not likely a donor to athletics, though I'm not sure that was a qualifier.

-Charlie Ergen (Dish Network)
-Jim Haslam (Pilot)
-Jimmy Haslam (Pilot/Cleveland Browns)
-Bill Haslam (Pilot/Politics)

-Jim Justice (Governor of WV) was enrolled at the University of Tennessee on a golf scholarship, but transferred to Marshall University. He was, at one time, a billionaire, but no longer is, and is not technically an alumnus, either.

There may be others, but that's all I can come up with.
I think Charlie Anderson of Anderson Media is worth around 1.5-2B as well. Not sure how much be donates but he does sit on the BOT.

Reactions: cncchris33

apparently USC has a lot of Billionaires

Bill Haslam is not a UT Alum. Both Jim's are.

Min Kao is a co-founder of Garmin and an alum. However, I doubt he contributes much to athletics. He contributed to the university for an engineering building. Obviously, the Haslam’s donate, but they also donate to the university as the business school is named after Jim. Forbes lists 3 people from UT on their top 400 list.

VN Store

Back