Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll find out when he jumps to the NFL in a couple of years.

At this point I would be more concerned about the lure of the NFL than another major college program. If Heupel has continued offensive success some GM will want to give him a shot to do the same in the pros. I don’t know if Heupel has those aspirations though.

The fact that you are saying we need Burrell back may be the saddest thing I’ve ever read. If that is really true, our current secondary must be the worst in Vol history. Sigh.
Burrell takes the other teams best receiver…… allows us to give help to our other corner…. Is our best tackler at corner….. my biggest complaint with him is that I wish he played the ball better…. Do I wish we had a jalen Ramsey type corner? Definitely but we are much better with him than without him and that’s all that matters.

Yeah Beasley needs to go another lap around the sun. I think he will get drafted with another season. He's been pretty impressive so far this year.

Losing Aaron Willis and French have hurt the most imo. We are in a completely different situation if those two guys are still on campus.

Agreed on Beasley. He made huge strides from last year to this year and even minor improvement to next year gets him drafted. He and Banks are one of the fastest LB duos in the country. Watching Banks nearly chase down Abanikanda in the Pitt game was impressive.

Great points on French and Willis....I had forgotten about them already.

So woke up this morning with both hamstrings like cramping up...no clue why or what I did.

:oops:

Dehydration
Tight muscles
Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sofium low in the muscles

But most likely, you were Ramel Keyton in your dream laying out for the catch. Hard to run that fast and leap that far… 😎

Accepted money allocated to work at a hospital.
Anyone remember Mo Couch taking $1500 to pay for his daughter’s medical bills?? He was pulled off the practice field and didn’t play another snap at Tennessee. However, Rodriguez is getting funneled money illegally through a hospital system, and he is suspended 4 games and allowed to continue to practice with the team. That’s jacked up!

This is truth. My wife raced 4 wheelers semi professionally in her 20's, went to all the local and regional events, was ranked in the top 4.

She has issues often, I can tell when they are coming because she starts talking funny, using odd words. Then her eyes start flickering and she has to go lay down for a few hours. Feels like a freight train hit her.

I've had a couple but nothing like hers.
How many concussions did she have?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
At this point I would be more concerned about the lure of the NFL than another major college program. If Heupel has continued offensive success some GM will want to give him a shot to do the same in the pros. I don’t know if Heupel has those aspirations though.

I just think Heupel is like us: he prefers the pure, raw energy of college football.

Repeated concussions ain't a good thing for the brain mass.
I agree that they are serious and all of these changes are good thing…. It just doesn’t typically lead to early death… They have done some pretty interesting studies on football players… They showed that NFL players showed increased short term memory loss, headaches and some dizziness at times… The biggest effect was an 11-12% increase in early onset dementia beginning in late 50’s to early 60’s…. There were no evidence of increased suicide, death, or violence from NFL players.

Anyone remember Mo Couch taking $1500 to pay for his daughter’s medical bills?? He was pulled off the practice field and didn’t play another snap at Tennessee. However, Rodriguez is getting funneled money illegally through a hospital system, and he is suspended 4 games and allowed to continue to practice with the team. That’s jacked up!
That was such BS! Medical expenses and rent wasn't it?

Accepted money allocated to work at a hospital.
It reminds very much of the Brett Favre situation. What's the difference? KY and Stoops appear to have had a systematic scheme whereby money was taken illegally and immorally from the care of the sick, infirm, and most vulnerable in the community, and KY siphoned it off to illegally pay university football and probably basketball players who didn't actually do the work or speeches they were paid to perform. If the money embezzled were for a volleyball court instead of football players, would that be worse? Is the hospital a non-profit?

Also there is the issue that the football players were falsifying time sheets, which is illegal, and it is almost impossible to believe this was without knowledge of both the university and the hospital. How could any competent manager at the hospital not have noticed that the players claimed falsely and illegally to have "worked" at the hospital during regular football practice hours? And if someone wants to say the non-profit didn't know the work was never performed, well how does a manager not know that a direct report systematically fails to show up at work? And how can the football team credibly claim not have a paid staffer supervising these so-called jobs or paid but unperformed speeches or whatever they were?

In addition, Kentucky is perversely using laws designed to protect students from unnecessary prying in order to run a major coverup and prevent the investigation and reporting of several crimes, which happen also to be NCAA violations. Under pretense of protecting the student, they are protecting the university and the hospital from scrutiny.

Now Rodriguez's DUI and failure to appear may be less bad, but pretty serious. Failure to appear is an automatic bench warrant. Try it yourself and have your lawyer tell the judge "I forgot."

Rodriguez's non-suspension "suspension" is also weird. He has practiced with the team every day. Is that what suspension means? Maybe that's why Stoops "walked back" or pretended to deny that he ever claimed that Rodriquez was suspended. He was withheld from games. But I'm not sure that is actually a punishment, since it appears that KY will later have to forfeit any games Rodriguez (and any of the others) play in all year -- just in case NCAA rules are somehow applied without bias.

The one thing KY has going for them, since they are a "basketball school" (even though we beat them on the regular) is that allegedly many basketball players are involved in the same illegal payment scheme, and one supposes the Birmingham office and the NCAA both want to coverup basketball corruption at one of their pet schools. Of course an illegal payment scheme in violation of NCAA rules running across multiple programs is a very serious offense, flirting with lack of institutional control.

Last edited:
It’s the surgery a couple doctors on here were talking about the other day. Rope surgery or something like that. Helps a high ankle sprain heal quicker and more stable for future. 2-4 week recovery usually. Had the surgery last week.
It’s called the tightrope and it reduces high ankle sprain recovery time.

Bama started doing it years ago. NFL does it all the time.

It stabilizes everything.

Thanks for the information, was just watching the BYU game and saw it on the ticker. Must have missed in here when it was first mentioned he had gotten the surgery done.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back