Team News (current roster)

I like most everything about this team, but I still remain in a wait and see situation if losing Chandler is more of a loss than the other parts we've gained. A superior PG of his caliber is worth its weight in gold.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I like most everything about this team, but I still remain in a wait and see situation if losing Chandler is more of a loss than the other parts we've gained. A superior PG of his caliber is worth its weight in gold.
This is where I am too. It remains to be seen if Ziegler can play starter minutes effectively over the coarse of the year and I really do not want santi playing backup point. We’ve been there and done that. Edwards being able to be the backup pg is the key to a successful season in my opinion.

This is where I am too. It remains to be seen if Ziegler can play starter minutes effectively over the coarse of the year and I really do not want santi playing backup point. We’ve been there and done that. Edwards being able to be the backup pg is the key to a successful season in my opinion.
I may have more confidence in Ziegler than most but I think he can play major minutes and be effective. He will be challenged some defensively by bigger guards in the post but he will also make them miserable with his quickness on the perimeter. I also think when college teams go outside of their normal offensive sets to try and target a particular player defensively it can mess up their offensive flow.

I am a long time UT basketball fan and if worrying about our backup point guard is our biggest concern, we are doing pretty well.

I was at at an event last night where 6 of the players attended. A question was asked to 2 of them about who might be a breakout player and both said they did like guarding or being guarded by Tobe Awaka.Just a little info.
If Awaka sees regular minutes this year then he’s a heck of a talent. Between ON, JJJ, UP, Aidoo, Mashack and Phillips it wouldn’t appear there are very many minutes available.

I was at at an event last night where 6 of the players attended. A question was asked to 2 of them about who might be a breakout player and both said they did like guarding or being guarded by Tobe Awaka.Just a little info.
Grant Williams in a different body?

Reactions: Golf freak
Look at that true pg! 😅
ZZ gets by Olivier like he is glued to the floor, Tobe was guarding Julian and Julian makes a well timed run at the rebound. Aidoo encourages ZZ to pass, Key slips away from Santi into the corner and Uros picks Santi.

JJJ's "the most talented team I've been on since I have been here" sounds like 'encouraging' words that a senior leader is suppose to say. Frankly, I am having a hard time taking this literally.
They are replacing ... with new guys ...
BHH 6"10" < Phillips 6' 8"
Chandler 6'0" > Key 6'2"
Fulky 6"9" > Coyne 6'9"
Bailey 6'4" > Edwards 6'3"
Powell 6'6" ? Jefferson 6'5"
QD 6'5" ? Brizek 6'6"
Tamba 6'11" ? Awaka 6"8"
Jancek 6'8" < Shiflet 6'2" && Kegler 6'4"

So, not impossible to believe.
Maybe JJ thinks team cohesion (even with inexperienced talent) and the players who are back are better than their last year self makes for a better team.
I'm from Missouri (not really), so I am going to need to see some pudding to believe it.

Reactions: glv98
ZZ gets by Olivier like he is glued to the floor, Tobe was guarding Julian and Julian makes a well timed run at the rebound. Aidoo encourages ZZ to pass, Key slips away from Santi into the corner and Uros picks Santi.

JJJ's "the most talented team I've been on since I have been here" sounds like 'encouraging' words that a senior leader is suppose to say. Frankly, I am having a hard time taking this literally.
They are replacing ... with new guys ...
BHH 6"10" < Phillips 6' 8"
Chandler 6'0" > Key 6'2"
Fulky 6"9" > Coyne 6'9"
Bailey 6'4" > Edwards 6'3"
Powell 6'6" ? Jefferson 6'5"
QD 6'5" ? Brizek 6'6"
Tamba 6'11" ? Awaka 6"8"
Jancek 6'8" < Shiflet 6'2" && Kegler 6'4"

So, not impossible to believe.
Maybe JJ thinks team cohesion (even with inexperienced talent) and the players who are back are better than their last year self makes for a better team.
I'm from Missouri (not really), so I am going to need to see some pudding to believe it.
Not sure I would concede freshman Edwards being worse than 21-22 Bailey

Not sure I would concede freshman Edwards being worse than 21-22 Bailey
I would have given the advantage to Edwards if they played the same position. Position for me was a key factor.

Ooo there's something to keep an eye on this season. Seems entirely possible that Edwards could be better.
I am certainly over the moon on BJ's superior upside potential and I would choose Edwards over Bailey in a pickup game.

But they play different positions and Barnes has been notoriously hard on PGs.
They seem to get the hook faster than any other position on the floor. [Paging TJ and Chandler].
From everything that has been said, PG are forged in fire if Barnes is their coach and they have to be really tough to take it.
I am secretly hoping that BJ is talented enough to play 15-20 mpg. But my head says they brought in Key to play the backup PG and not throw BJ in the live fire immediately like they did with Chandler.

Here is me hoping that ZZ and Edwards share the PG duties and Key backs up Santi. That would mean that JJ's words were not hype, they were a projection of a good season.

I would have given the advantage to Edwards if they played the same position. Position for me was a key factor.

I am certainly over the moon on BJ's superior upside potential and I would choose Edwards over Bailey in a pickup game.

But they play different positions and Barnes has been notoriously hard on PGs.
They seem to get the hook faster than any other position on the floor. [Paging TJ and Chandler].
From everything that has been said, PG are forged in fire if Barnes is their coach and they have to be really tough to take it.
I am secretly hoping that BJ is talented enough to play 15-20 mpg. But my head says they brought in Key to play the backup PG and not throw BJ in the live fire immediately like they did with Chandler.

Here is me hoping that ZZ and Edwards share the PG duties and Key backs up Santi. That would mean that JJ's words were not hype, they were a projection of a good season.
I believe Key will play a lot more 2 than PG.

Yeah different positions though.
Not really as Phillips does play the position BHH wanted to play. Agreed that Phillips doesn’t play the same position CRB wanted BHH to play. I feel that Phillips is a high positive over BHH due to this. BHH is very talented if he would embrace his skill set instead of trying to be Kevin Durant

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back