Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our biggest bugaboo on D last year was containing a running QB..We excelled at it this time.
We made him prove that he could play perfect, and he almost did. He was short on a few designed QB runs/draws, and fumbled another short one. We made the most out of those stolen possessions. And our QB was better.

vols vs florida.PNG

Look at the score and field position here. This is a situation that loses us so many UF games in the past. We either get tackled for a safety or go 3 and out, giving the Gators great field position and they score again to go up 21-10. From there, we fall apart.

Instead, we drove 99 yards and scored. Then we got the ball back to start the second half and scored again.

giphy.gif

WarpedWhoppingJaguarundi-max-1mb.gif

View attachment 494683

Look at the score and field position here. This is a situation that loses us so many UF games in the past. We either get tackled for a safety or go 3 and out, giving the Gators great field position and they score again to go up 21-10. From there, we fall apart.

Instead, we drove 99 yards and scored. Then we got the ball back to start the second half and scored again.

That Jabari Small run to get that first 1st down. The Ramel diving catch. The TD with 7 seconds left. What a drive!

Spoke to two co-workers today who are diehard KY fans with season tickets... they said they are still waiting to see UT play a full game without a ton of self-inflicted mistakes... said if we can play a clean game, no telling what we can do... They also couldn't believe there wasn't a single holding penalty on FL the entire game, or they couldn't remember seeing one... They brought up several instances where we were being blatantly held and no call... They said "you'd think with home field advantage the refs would call some in favor of UT, but they didn't even call the obvious TD after review".......... They said they hoped the refs did this to us again when we play KY...LOL

The best move Heupel made this off-season is promoting Kelsey Pope to WR coach. A lot of coaches are going to bring in a more proven outside name. Heupel rewarded someone who was working hard and deserved the job. That's how you build culture!
That often backfires with moran coaches. #thankful

This guy has a top 10-15 baseball program, solid basketball program, and probably a top 25 football program for the next year or two, at the least.

So whiny. Jfc. Sports fans can never see the green grass until they're lying in the shiz swamp.
He called in directly after a game they led by 14 and lost bc the kicker kicked it off the upright…. Could you imagine this fanbase if that last pass landed in a Florida receivers arms for a touchdown?

I see that Spraggins was named SEC OL of the week.

I mention that because I have been part of the back and forth on our recruiting and the predominance of 3 stars in our commits. The response often points out that many 3 stars make it to the NFL and that's true. I stand with my position that the teams who get the 5 stars and high 4 stars are almost always going to be the best teams.

But Spraggins is the counter that my opposites can point to as proof. Was the 549th rated player by 247.

Recruitment was unusual. Pruitt is recruiting a safety out of East St. Louis and while evaluating him needed someone to snap the ball to the QB in passing drills. This monster kid volunteers to do it and as they watch him move around they love his athleticism. We were his only offer at the time and he committed without visiting campus. He truly loves the Vols. I am totally thrilled for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back