Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
.TFL, Total tackles, qb pressures and turnovers created are all within 3% of each other. The difference is you have an extremely athletic qb in Florida and a 1 legged qb in the 2nd half for Pitt.

Much different gameplan for the two. You tend to play the 30-30 a bit more bend don’t break when knowing your defense has weaknesses. You play more aggressive from the 30’s in. It’s exactly what their gameplan was.

The effort, willingness and desire is 100% there for players on defense, unfortunately the collective talent isn’t. Recruiting fixes it.
I agree

Great program win for sure. Gotta clean the defense up. 7/15 on 3rd down defense and 5/6 on 4th down isn’t ideal. Bama and Georgia won’t have any problem going for it that many times on 4th. Lsu might even. Heupel’s offense was tremendous though as usual

Reactions: VOLSONLY
We really missed Burrell yesterday. I know he gets roasted by Vol fans, but last year he got picked on because teams avoided A. Taylor. When Burrell gets beat, it is most often because the other team made a great throw and catch. Very rarely is he beat by a wide margin. Yesterday, there were Florida receivers just wide open with no one near. I believe Burrell would have made at least a play or two that could have helped stop a Florida drive.
He’s not good. He got picked on our first two games as well. No improvement time to just move on and see what your younger guys have

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
I just don’t think the defense, particularly the secondary, has the guys yet. Not sure it’s an X’s and O’s thing so much as a talent thing. The team as a whole isn’t THERE yet as in elite, but I don’t think anyone can doubt the direction right now. Heupel and co. have impressed mightily.
I agree.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Not sure I'd put TN 2nd...hard to put us ahead of Georgia or Bama until we beat one of them. I'd say 3rd I don't think Kentucky has proven much, they seem to always have an ability to beat Florida and it was so early in the season for a new HC and starting QB. Some very good games this Saturday though that'll help figure more things out.

7 Kentucky @ 14 Ole Miss
2 Alabama @ 20 Arkansas
17 A&M @ Miss State
LSU @ Auburn

This is worth the read and hell of a win boys sorry ain't been around yet.Sucks a family member who's been sick with cancer and other health concerns passed away yesterday afternoon.He absoutely loved UT football and has had season tickets for eons.

Well since he's been sick he hasn't been able to go.So yesterday morning asks grand daughter if she wanted to go take her 2 brothers.Why ocourse they do and they freaking had a blast.They grabbed a few souvenirs for papa n pictures qnd headed home.Called n called n no answer finally get home and go inside.Hes layed in his bed with the game on TV and no pulse.
Lord knows them kids need all the prayers they can get and football is the most unimportant thing right now.

Heres the part makes u glad to be a Vol in a gloomy unimportant moment.Man there zo lucky they had cameras n the room just to observe him.That man passed away exactly 7 minutes and 22 seconds after the final whistle.He never moved the whole game.With that final whistle blow he raised his arm maybe 30°.Hey I'm a tuff dude n I cried watching it with them.Its been very tuff but I really really don't think people understand just how big sports impact people's lifes.I know i personally have leaned on ppl here n a dark spot in my life.

I just don’t think the defense, particularly the secondary, has the guys yet. Not sure it’s an X’s and O’s thing so much as a talent thing. The team as a whole isn’t THERE yet as in elite, but I don’t think anyone can doubt the direction right now. Heupel and co. have impressed mightily.

We're 118th in the country in opponent passing YPG . We were awful last year as well. Do you think the talent is that putrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back