Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT’s D could be on that AT&T commercial, “Just OK is not OK”…. I would never punt again, even on 4th and long, because I won’t ever trust our D this year. Our O is simply going to have to outscore everyone.

This isn’t anything new though. When Heupel was hired, we knew offense was his thing. If the defense gets a couple of turnovers or stops, then it usually results in a win. That was discussed 18 months ago. We are very good in rushing defense and creating pressure. If that QB yesterday was not as mobile, the game isn’t close. But he is still very talented. I didn’t see much of their UK game, but I have a feeling their offense called a better game plan against us.

Keyton’s catch was one of the best catches at UT in the last 10 years. Especially considering the context
He laid completely out, timed the jump perfectly and still managed to get it into his chest and secure it without it touching the ground. Absolutely incredible catch. Freaking incredible.

Here is what I am most curious about with our defensive scheme… Do we play soft zone all the time, because Banks does not trust our DBs, or is that just his scheme? Or when we get the Jimmy and Joe’s on the backend who can play man coverage better, is he more aggressive in his scheme and playcalling on that side of the ball?

W. Did I say, W? I woke up this AM still expecting something utterly ridiculous to happen to steal our joy.

Enjoy the day. So glad the spell is broken. I am so sick of everything Gator I could spit.

Danielson and Nessler can go pound sand. Birmingham is that way >>>>>>>>>>>

Speaking of Birmingham, congrats to Sankey and the SEC office. They sent the absolute bottom of the barrel to work the SEC Game of the Week. Well done.

Now you know why some of us were less than enthused with the hire of Wille Martinez. It's OK to question hires. I will never accept Third (or Fourth) and Chavis as being OK because it is not, DC Banks. It is never OK to drop into a zone and never cover anybody or even move until the pass is complete in front of you. Never.

So the lesson to Heup is never take the foot off the gas on O and be in your DC's grill to fix the secondary.

But it is a big W and for that I thank him, all of the team, coaches and Volnation for it. Our fanbase is incredible.

So many heroes on O. So happy for Hook, Keyton, McCoy, Hyatt, Small, Wright, Warren and the O-line. Take a lap, Fant.

10. Arky lost
9. Okie State had a bye and has played nobodies
8. UK scraped by a 1-3 team who got smoked by James Madison
7. OU lost
6. USC scraped by Oregon State and played nobodies

#6 Sounds about right for us
(5. Clemson almost dropped a deuce if not for some crazy miracle plays in 2OT)
I’m guessing 8.

Thinking on the game… We easily should have won by double digits. They couldn’t stop us. But typical UF game and they get all the lucky breaks at the end. On side kick was just crazy and will be fixed. Couple bombs AR hit we just outrageous and he played his best game he probably will all year. Yet we still won by five and had control most of the game. We are a good team as most of our issues can be fixed in time. Although, I do want to slap banks with his lame soft zone some times. If anyone says another word about Hooker, Im showing up to Waffle House immediately.

UT’s D could be on that AT&T commercial, “Just OK is not OK”…. I would never punt again, even on 4th and long, because I won’t ever trust our D this year. Our O is simply going to have to outscore everyone.
I believe some is to be blamed on Banks and some playing the older players who are probably maxed out. We saw some freshmen flashing last week and this week. May be time to let them take over. Their talent is evident.

Dude needs to step it up quick and be tougher. Sit out way too much because of bumps and bruises.
Exactly. Hooker better get his crap straight. Take the snap, hurl it into the air and sprint under the darn ball for fiddy. Not that hard and his slacking off is really worrying this early in the season. Hopefully this gets fixed during the bye week or I’m out. Irritating not having a quarterback that can’t do it all. He should also be gunner on kick offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back