Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dobbs was just that much more dynamic. He had a wiggle to him. Guys just bounced off of him.

Dobbs knew when to take a hit, esp around the goal line.
Dobbs was a lot stronger and faster than Hooker. Dobbs was deceptively fast, and even more deceptively strong. Hooker is shifty, can cut on a dime; but, he's not very fast, at all...#51, a MLB, and hurt, chased him down. Hooker throws a WAY better ball than Dobbs, not even close, imo.

Also, I felt like 3rd Down For What played surprisingly well, at least it appeared to on TV. Tbh, I was not a fan of bringing it back but it seemed like it was used sparingly and the crowd really got into it.
It was so loud I didn't even hear it any of the times. Only knew they played it because of the video board.

Also, I felt like 3rd Down For What played surprisingly well, at least it appeared to on TV. Tbh, I was not a fan of bringing it back but it seemed like it was used sparingly and the crowd really got into it.
Our defense also needs a fourth down song…like… “please punt the damn ball”.

Some sitting in the top ten without beating ranked teams. We've beat 2 now and slaughtered the other opponents. Think we should move up more then one spot.
10. Arky lost
9. Okie State had a bye and has played nobodies
8. UK scraped by a 1-3 team who got smoked by James Madison
7. OU lost
6. USC scraped by Oregon State and played nobodies

#6 Sounds about right for us
(5. Clemson almost dropped a deuce if not for some crazy miracle plays in 2OT)

Definitely missed holding calls, both horse collars. I didn’t think it was a late hit on Miller. It looked like Small scored on replay, but they never showed an angle that showed the ball, so if there wasn’t one, I can see why they said it wasn’t a TD.
I thought it was odd that on the UF touchdown replay, the camera was directly over the goal line but on the UT replay, it was like 5 yards back.

After reading some of the gator board. They feel better about themselves. Think they saw a lot of improvement (especially from the offense) but knew we were just a better team but was overall proud of their guys. Hopefully our fans take notice that we are a pretty good team right now and if our defense can just be “ok” we are a very tough team to beat.
UT’s D could be on that AT&T commercial, “Just OK is not OK”…. I would never punt again, even on 4th and long, because I won’t ever trust our D this year. Our O is simply going to have to outscore everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back