Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Job that Coach Chadwell has done since being named the permanent Head Coach of Coastal Carolina to me is more impressive than what Napier did at Louisiana

2019 5-7. 7th/10 conference recruiting rank
2020 11-1 (beat Napier H2H) 5th/10
2021 11-2 3rd/10
2022 4-0 2nd/14
31-10 (75.6%)
Plays in the Sun Belt East which is harder than the West that Napier faced
Not to mention the program is fresh from FCS

Rumor has it, instead of punting we are just going to let Joe chuck the ball 65 yards on 4th down.

tecmo-superbowl.gif

What gives me the most confidence this week is Josh Heupel. He isn't rattled by the Florida mental stuff at all. I believe he fully expects to throttle them.
I was listening to Kesling today on the radio...

I know it was said that we went after James Franklin...Tony Elliott's name was thrown out there...however, Danny White always said that Heupel was the only person offered the job. I believe it was his job all along. I believe White knew/knows Heupel was/is the perfect fit for us, especially at the time he was hired.

Back to Kesling, and to tie it into the coaching search...Heupel was/is the perfect hire for the UT job. We needed someone cool and calm to settle everything down, take things in stride, and deal with the raging fire they were walking into. Heupel was/is perfect for that. Kesling said he has never met anyone so laid back, cool, calm, doesnt get ruffled in the least; also, someone who spends their time perfectly. Kesling says Heupel is amazing as it pertains to time...said if Heupel gives you a time he'll be somewhere or doing something, you can bet the house it's right on the time he said. He also said that Heupel does not worry about things out of his control...said he never once has sweated the investigation, because it's out of his control. Kesling said Heupel is so even keeled, that he realizes football is never going to be perfect, and if something goes wrong he NEVER gets thrown off his game...he said the kids gravitate to him and buy in so easily because Heupel is so easy.

Just a glimpse of some of the things Kesling was saying about Heupel. Putting that together, with the genius that is Danny White...again, I believe Heupel was the pick all along, the absolute right pick...of course White knew all these things about him. We needed someone like him...someone steady, relaxed, grounded, consistent, calming, cool, and smart as hell.

On the verge of the biggest game of his coaching career we Vol fans should take great pride in having Josh Heupel as the head coach. From taking over a program barely on life support to being on the verge of a top 10 ranking what he's done in this short amount of time has been nothing short of miraculous.

@I4Jay would like to hear your thoughts on the game, gators, and CJH year 2

What’s up VN!
Real excited. We have the fire power. But Bc of who this game is,against I expect a very close game. this is a chance to turn this program around. Just Hope Heupel is on his game in the 2nd half and makes adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back