Any updates on Tillman?

Believe it when I see it
Believe dis!!

giphy.gif

What evidence have you seen to make you 100 percent confident that we will dominate their front seven enough to open up consistently good holes our backs? We looked very weak in that department against Pitt.

Pitt was considered to have one of the best front 7's in the country. Of course we struggled, as most teams would. What does that have to do with Floriduh?

It’s football nothing is never a given, but acting defeated based on yesteryear is a wussy fan attitude. Fact is if we go out and play to our ability we can win! GBO! Go Win!

Bru has looked very good actually considering it's his first three games here. Easily already our most dependable WR besides Tilman. Hyatt needs a coming out party this game. Akron doesn't really count.
Lol..... Hyatt has more catches, yards, Tds, avg ypc than any receiver on our team. Including Tillman against those same teams with less targets. Cmon man atleast know what the hell you are talking about.

Tilman is literally Hooker's go to guy in EVERY clutch moment or third and long or 4th down attempt. How am i being dramatic. You are bringing up useless total stats when two of our three opponents were total cupcakes.

If you want to see how important Tilman really is, go back and rewatch the Pitt game. The other two games were freakin scrimmages ffs.
Again Hyatt was the go to against Pitt. Lol... FFS drink a beer

Everyone who thinks we can just replace Tillman must be kidding themselves. Tillman is a 1st round NFL prospect. When the opponnet gets tougher, he gets better. Last year, 200 yards against Georgia, 152 yards against Bama, and this year 162 yards against Pitt. He is getting that type of productions against teams #1 CBs, essentially making everyone else's job easier. Taking away 150+ yards from your offense makes a difference and isn't easily replaceable. He is the one player you don't want to lose. Literally, anyone else!

Reactions: Shocker0
Tillman may be one of the best players on the team, but we are DEEP at WR. Hope he's back, but Merrill, Squirrel White, and Keyton are no scrubs.
It’s not about depth. We do have a lot of talented guys on the outside but none of them do what Tillman does for this offense and Hooker. Hooker looks to Tillman all the time. Especially 3rd down. Just saying Keyton or whoever can fill in is really downplaying Tillmans importance to this offense. We can still win but the it becomes a lot more challenging now.

Everyone who thinks we can just replace Tillman must be kidding themselves. Tillman is a 1st round NFL prospect. When the opponnet gets tougher, he gets better. Last year, 200 yards against Georgia, 152 yards against Bama, and this year 162 yards against Pitt. He is getting that type of productions against teams #1 CBs, essentially making everyone else's job easier. Taking away 150+ yards from your offense makes a difference and isn't easily replaceable. He is the one player you don't want to lose. Literally, anyone else!

Nobody IS SAYING THAT!!

Tillman is one of our best WRs but we still have other receivers that can give us plenty of production on the offensive end.

This was just an unnecessary thread to whine and moan.

I don't care what anyone says, we NEED him for this game.

Watch UF 's dline magically get their **** together this game and force us beat them throwing the ball.

The only game changing RB we have is Sampson who hasn't gotten near enough touches this year yet. Wright is a good dependable workhorse type back but nothing the game breaker that Sampson is.

If Tilman is out, why don't we make this Sampson's coming out party and design special sweep plays, screens and QB option pitches to him. You can bet Hyatt and Bru at wideout would both be double covered the entire game with no Tilman forcing another WR to step up.

Sampson is a TD waiting to happen everytime he touches it.
Somebody on here said he might be coming back this year------so, there's that

Pitt was considered to have one of the best front 7's in the country. Of course we struggled, as most teams would. What does that have to do with Floriduh?

I trust Phil Steele. No prognosticator is right 100% of the time, of course, but he is IMO the best of the lot. He doesn't even rate the gator DL and LB units in the top 60 nationally.

I am really looking forward to this game. ;)

Tillman may be one of the best players on the team, but we are DEEP at WR. Hope he's back, but Merrill, Squirrel White, and Keyton are no scrubs.
I don't know why people continue to think we are deep at WR. You have to prove it on the field. Don't get me wrong, I think we are talented but outside of Tillman and Hyatt I just haven't seen the consistency game in and game out. With that being said, someone needs to step up big time if Tillman is not able to go.

I don't care what anyone says, we NEED him for this game.

Watch UF 's dline magically get their **** together this game and force us beat them throwing the ball.

The only game changing RB we have is Sampson who hasn't gotten near enough touches this year yet. Wright is a good dependable workhorse type back but nothing the game breaker that Sampson is.

If Tilman is out, why don't we make this Sampson's coming out party and design special sweep plays, screens and QB option pitches to him. You can bet Hyatt and Bru at wideout would both be double covered the entire game with no Tilman forcing another WR to step up.

Sampson is a TD waiting to happen everytime he touches it.
Save Tillman for LSU

I trust Phil Steele. No prognosticator is right 100% of the time, of course, but he is IMO the best of the lot. He doesn't even rate the gator DL and LB units in the top 60 nationally.

I am really looking forward to this game. ;)
This is a rivalry game, anything can happen. I wouldn't sleep on the Gators. They have owned us 16 out of 17 times. They could just all of a sudden click on all cylinders for this game.

I'm fairly positive about the game but it is a valid point. WVU ran all over Pitt.

Nobody IS SAYING THAT!!

Tillman is one of our best WRs but we still have other receivers that can give us plenty of production on the offensive end.

This was just an unnecessary thread to whine and moan.

I beg to differ, there are a few posts in this thread stating that we can just replace him or maybe its better so we can spread the ball around, etc. Some are talking up Keyton, McCoy and Hyatt. I'm sorry, this isn't a next man up situation. This is a loss, and a huge one at that is Tillman can't play. No two ways about it.

Reactions: GenRRN and Doberman
I don't know why people continue to think we are deep at WR. You have to prove it on the field. Don't get me wrong, I think we are talented but outside of Tillman and Hyatt I just haven't seen the consistency game in and game out. With that being said, someone needs to step up big time if Tillman is not able to go.
Just curious. How many teams in CFB have more than two "proven" guys at WR? Bama right now has two receivers with over 100 yds total for the season. None over 200. UT has two over 200 and two more over 100. UF has only one receiver over 100 yds. UK has two.

Hyatt didn't enter the season having proven anything. Tillman didn't last year... and didn't really emerge as a genuine threat until the last half of the season. Through the first 6 games he had 16 catches for 210 yds.

Point is that UT has a bunch of talented guys that have not had their opportunity to shine... just like Hyatt once was... and Tillman... and Velus... and Payton for sure.

VN Store

Back