Any updates on Tillman?

If you look it up UF has something like 10 four/five star DB's on their roster!

DB’s are the strength of the UF defense from a depth and raw talent standpoint, but they haven’t played an offense who likes to pass the ball yet. So it’s really a big unknown. KY hit a 50-50 ball that was about as well-covered as you can possibly get. TN should and will try several 50-50 balls throughout the game. They only need to hit on a couple.

I don't believe we're giving enough credit to Keyton. Just because he has a potential All-American in front of him in Tillman, does not mean he can't be a good WR for us. He's actually our 3rd leading receiver in yards right now. If they want to double Hyatt in the slot, then that's going to allow Bru and Keyton several one on one matchups on the side. I think both of those guys should be able to win those matchups. Plus, we just have ways to scheme people open. It also probably means more targets for Warren and Fant, both of which have made solid plays in limited opportunities. It would be nice to see them get some more targets.

That 2016 game is what scares me when i think about it.

Guess who was most responsible for that win....none other than Juan Jennings our number one and most clutch WR. Dobbs too ofcourse, but without Jennings we don't comeback to win that game.
Again, see my post above. That game has nothing to do with this one. For starters, UF's secondary while talented isn't close to that one. Their D as a whole isn't as talented as that one. UT is much better coached now than then.

If Tillman can’t go, it’s a big blow. Physically and mentally.

We can still win, but the task gets a little more difficult.

Definitely need Bru to be our Tillman this game, and let the other receivers play their role. McCoy could become a legend on Saturday. Then when Ced gets back….Katy bar the door.

Heupel just said he’s “hopeful” Tillman can play. He refused to answer whether Tillman has practiced (he hasn’t). There’s your update. Heupel is hopeful that he purchased the correct powerball ticket. He’s not going to give them a drop of information. Have to say, I enjoy it.

Why do Tennessee fans continue to underestimate Florida every year? You think they don't have enough talent to beat us??? Gtfo lol. They aren't and never will be Vanderbilt.

I won't believe we can dominate their dline until i see it with my own eyes.

It's only week 4 and they have a first year head coach who we have no idea yet if is a decent football coach or not.

Anything can happen with a team in Florida's current situation. I would not judge them based on what we have seen so far. And remember, they still beat Utah.
Agreed. I guess I'm old enough to understand respecting your enemies. Check my post history and I am not and never will be a Negavol. That being said the Orange tinted glasses have went on backorder this year. We just finished the only easy stretch in our schedule and like every year we are entering that 5-6 game guillotine of our schedule. There is a reason our SOS was ranked preseason top 5 and is annually in the top 10.

Until proven otherwise UF is never an easy out. Everyone is acting like they are 0-3 and not 2-1. They didn't play a bunch of NAIA schools. They played 2 top 10 schools and best one. They played a close game against their version of a Vandy who gave them all they had. They have a QB that can be very scary if the light goes on for him. Their front 7 is as talented as anyone in the nation and our running game thus far is pedestrian at best.

We can win this game. But it's not a given. If Tillman does not play we are in a bad position and honestly the game will come down to the Tight ends showing out and the Oline coming of age. We have talent at WR but it's all raw. Brucis a dog, but bro gets too many penalties because of it, he has to channel his physicality. RBs have to stay healthy and hang on the the ball and Hooker has to get over whatever is going on with him that causing the inaccuracy which is unlike him.

I think a line of 11 is a bit much to me we should be favored by 6.5. Please please don't let the GameDay curse hit us. I hate when we play on CBS our record is not good. Sorry this game just makes me nervous and all this blind fervor scares me even more.

Let's hold the celebrating till the final whistle blows and not give these guys more reason to be motivated and disrespected. Because honestly that's what's going on. Never look down on your opponent. That's how one gets their butt kicked.

Reactions: jamaicanvol
Why do Tennessee fans continue to underestimate Florida every year? You think they don't have enough talent to beat us??? Gtfo lol. They aren't and never will be Vanderbilt.

It's only week 4 and they have a first year head coach who we have no idea yet if is a decent football coach or not.

Anything can happen with a team in Florida's current situation. I would not judge them based on what we have seen so far. And remember, they still beat Utah.
Yeah, I think this is the best secondary UT will face so far this season, and despite the optimism, UT's offensive line is not good.

Heupel just said he’s “hopeful” Tillman can play. He refused to answer whether Tillman has practiced (he hasn’t). There’s your update. Heupel is hopeful that he purchased the correct powerball ticket. He’s not going to give them a drop of information. Have to say, I enjoy it.

I’m not trying to inject optimism but it feels a little weird. Almost like he’s keeping a secret. At this point Florida isn’t overhauling a gameplan. They travel tomorrow.

Next man up if Tillman is out.

Fortunately, UT has some depth and talent at the position.

Reactions: A.J.
We don't need Cedric Tilman against our BIGGEST recent rival in our modern day history??? Really?

I'm speechless.

Comments like this make me wonder how long anyone saying something like this has watched CFB.

I am going to tell you the truth.

Besides Bru McCoy, our other wide receivers are way too finesse so far and have not shown the ability to beat press coverage against physical defenses. That is nothing but facts my guy.
No Facts are you're a Dumba$$ That's facts my guy

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
There is nothing "incel" about me. I'm old, and crotchety and I love women.

All these posters wanting to bend over and spread their cheeks for the gators are just annoying. @Berry4Heisman14 needs to grow a pair.

I’m not sure they want to bend over for Florida.

They are just used to being forcefully bent over BY Florida.

Time to change that habit.

All these posters wanting to bend over and spread their cheeks for the gators are just annoying. @Berry4Heisman14 needs to grow a pair.
I hate them I’ll just consider them a loss until we can beat them. Gotten my hopes up too many times against Florida

I’m not sure they want to bend over for Florida.

They are just used to being forcefully bent over BY Florida.

Time to change that habit.
Exactly I’m 29 we’ve beat them 5 times in my life and only once since I’ve been a adult. Let that sink in

That beta/cuck lingo is from their lexicon. I was just giving you a hard time. I’ll let you get back to shining the grow light on Berry’s neutral zone.

All i know is that without Tilman, Pitt would have effectively shut Hooker down completely pretty much. You can bet Florida's coaches are seeing the same thing and celebrating right now.
I memory serves me correctly Tillman didn't have his best game at Pitt. Tennessee did as much to keep that game close as Pitt. I was only stating they have other receivers who are capable. I've been watching Fla play their best games against UT since '94, no arrogance here. Just saying if Milton can light it up with receivers not named Tillman. I feel pretty good that Hooker can too.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Agree. Fl always brings their A game Vs TN while the Vols collapse with special team blunders/turnovers, offensive turnovers, busted coverages, and allowing too many sacks/TFLwhile their QB has a heisman type performance.

With that said, TN should win and I prefer it not to be a two or three score game throughout as a close game favors FL. Tillman out is a huge concern but I’m not on the field so…. Go VOlS!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back