Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up with the ESPN+ app. Kept losing the game feed last night. Anyone else with that issue? We just upgraded wifi…it was working fine, but game feed was awful.
Worked great for me until we had a brief power outage(30 seconds, but it took 2-3 minutes for everything to reboot). After that it was all good again.

We need to pump the brakes. Sure we beat Ball State and Akron. They are bad, bad teams. We beat a mediocre Pitt team, but struggled. I believe this team could be special, but I am noticing a lot of mediocre teams this year. Mediocre teams can win or lose against any other team.
Pitt, FSU, LSU, Louisville, Florida, UCF, Kentucky, and WVU look mediocre and have all played against each other. The Vols looked mediocre against Pitt. Saturday we need to separate ourselves from mediocrity. We need to clean up the special team mistakes, stop missing tackles, and be physical at the line of scrimmage. It is time to shine and leave mediocrity behind.
Outside of like 2-3 teams on our schedule who is better in the trenches than Pitt? Legit front 7 and one of the most experienced OL’s in the sport. They are a legitimate team.

Well, just need to break out the smokey greys too, lol.

Heupel will have a chance to show us that he's the guy this week. Pressure is on, but you have to thrive in these situations, Butch is coaching ARST right now because he couldn't handle it. I know some of the fanbase get nervous about this stuff, but if we want to win a title again then we'll have to go through multiple of these type of games a year to get there. Florida is the lowest of bars left to clear.

We just don’t do that against Florida. I think the pressure and hype makes the team come out tight. Every single year.
We have done it. It usually didn't matter though. 95 I think we jumped all over them in the swamp in the first half. We lost by 4 TD's. Lol.

I do think tho... It's just hard to keep this offense from scoring and we can do it so quick, you can't get comfortable even up 2 possessions. And Florida really does struggle scoring. So if we don't give them cheap stuff by way of turnovers or special teams...I mean we can definitely win.

If 51 is still out I think we'll be able to run the ball some, though I'm not 100% sold on our o line. I think hooker will be as big with his legs as his arm. And I have to think that at some point the RBs finally get involved in the pass game.

Defensively...I mean... Load the box and keep AR's head spinning.

Don't make the catastrophic mistake(s).

Win the game. By a lot of at all possible.

Yup! Hit both my small parlays. Yesterday was a rebuilding day. I didn’t want to put in more money and instead worked my way back from only $5. Got it back to almost my original amount.
I came out $50 ahead, which is great, considering the small amounts I bet. Was 1 game away from hitting a couple 10 leggers and an 11 leg parlay. 1 was a +5900 10 leg parlay. I hate Miss St today. Only spent like $10 total on those guys. The entertainment of it is worth $10 to me, but if that +5900 hit, I wouldve had $180. . . should've cashed out @ $60 when I had the chance. . .

The only concerning me is our running backs. We’re just okay there, nothing special. And Jaylen Wright doesn’t exactly move the pile. Will have to scheme some 3rd and shorts. We had to convert way too many 4th downs against Akron.
You know what fixes that? Be better on 1st and 2nd down. We have not been very good, or at least very consistent, at getting in to 2nd and short. And the tempo depends on bring in advantageous down and distance.

With Gameday coming to Knoxville prepare for an absolute onslaught of praise hurled at our program on ESPN.

Don’t forget… they’re still ESPN,
Exactly. I don't necessarily think ESPN hates us but I just don't put any credence in what most of their talking head say, whether it's positive or negative.

Well, just need to break out the smokey greys too, lol.

Heupel will have a chance to show us that he's the guy this week. Pressure is on, but you have to thrive in these situations, Butch is coaching ARST right now because he couldn't handle it. I know some of the fanbase get nervous about this stuff, but if we want to win a title again then we'll have to go through multiple of these type of games a year to get there. Florida is the lowest of bars left to clear.
I know this is unpopular, and don’t get me wrong.. I like the alternate uniforms..

But please wear traditional uniforms vs UF, UGA and Bama. Rewatching that 2016 UF game doesn’t even seem like it’s us, or them for that matter.

Seems like last year no one got close to blocking our punts but this year, most every punt is a near block!
Even Akron got close on one punt.

Got to get this cleared up, if we see it you can bet Florida sees it and will try to steal a cheap TD next week.

We should just score on every drive.

Problem solved.

Seems like last year no one got close to blocking our punts but this year, most every punt is a near block!
Even Akron got close on one punt.

Got to get this cleared up, if we see it you can bet Florida sees it and will try to steal a cheap TD next week.

On the other side, I think I might tell Flowers not to even attempt a catch. Not worth the risk of another disaster turnover.

Does CJH trust White to field punts in a big game?

We need to add like a standing room deck above the boxes and sell those too. Max Capacity would be like 105k or more. I believe that’s what the Aggies have done at their stadium. Makes it even wilder although it must be difficult packing 104k into that place with that putrid offense

Reactions: Glitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back