Calloway ejected

I'm not defending his actions, but he should get the same suspension everyone else gets for throwing a punch. He shouldn't be kicked off the team like some have argued.

He threw multiple punches, and looked like a rabid dog in the process. This combined with the two recent domestic violence incidents is a very bad look. A statement needs to be made.

Calloway got tossed as he should have been....

Did he take a swing at a defender?

Yup.... that gets you a deke.

I'm not defending his actions, but he should get the same suspension everyone else gets for throwing a punch. He shouldn't be kicked off the team like some have argued.

I hate that I disagree with you for that but throwing a punch during a game means you are DQ'd.....

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
And you would perhaps not be available for the next game and cost your team a win. All to protect your masculinity. Smart move.
You’ll have to forgive me. I came up in the day of Majors and Bryant. Now, I’m sure you are saying that I’m a boomer and whatever, and have all kinds of new age finger wagging going on…but I’ve seen 1000 times worse take place in a football field, and I was completely unmoved by this little wannabe scuffle. Make him run the bleachers till he pukes at least 4 times, and you go to your safe space, and let’s all put this National tragedy behind us.

Calloway shouldn’t see the field after that. Finally sees the field and makes a couple catches and then that.
I agree he shouldn’t do that kinda thing, ever period. That being said, suspend him a couple games, and give the kid another chance sheesh, he’s what around 20 years old? You never lit up someone when ya was young and felt stupid after ? I’m sure he does. He’ll be fine .

He threw multiple punches, and looked like a rabid dog in the process. This combined with the two recent domestic violence incidents is a very bad look. A statement needs to be made.
A statement was made. The two others are history. To me, this isn't in the same universe.

Dude I heard the Akron player said, "I dare you to punch me in the helmet 5 times. I mean it's a helmet there's no way you can knock me out." And Calloway was all, "I used to box at the Rec Center." It all kinda just evolved from there organically.

A statement was made. The two others are history. To me, this isn't in the same universe.
They also took him to the locker room before the ref could speak. I imagine there's internal discipline that will be meted out, but it baffles me the number of people calling for him to be crucified to "make a statement."

Reactions: 4chrissy
I'm suggesting 2 or 3 game suspension will come from SEC office. JH should act first with a suspension.

Saw someone posted a video of it on youtube and the comment section is full of people saying to kick him off the team and charge him as a criminal. lol Why is it that whenever we do something, people act like it's the first time they've ever seen it? Teams get into brawls, plenty of other players have done this before as well. I mean a few years ago a Bama player was punching a dude on the ground after the play. Fights happen in practice as well...but okay. Simple youtube search and you'll find lots of videos.

Calloway was ice cold in his post game interview too. When asked about the guy he hit he said.............
iu

It was a big mistake on his part but I was the same way, dude probably said something and Callaway reacted, alot goes down on the field but you have to keep your composure

And again, thank God you're not the coach. You never messed up in your life. Jesus.
5 punches - the last 3 after the opponents turned and starting walking away - were unnecessary and stupid. And punching him in the helmet isn’t great for helping his hands that got him on the bench in the first place.

No, he shouldn’t be immediately dismissed. But he should apologize to the team and run as many laps/steps as the coaches feel like. That’s a life lesson he needs.

The overreactions to this are mind boggling to me.

Not to me, it's VN, it's what we do.

As for the If I was the coach guy, I say this. Seriously, none of us know what and why Callaway employed a wrecking ball from Knoxville Demolition Inc. It remains a stupid decision and act. Might be because he felt Akron was using cheap shots to hurt our main playmakers. Might be the guy spat on him and said, "I got the Rona, you know." Might even be he said something about our guy's momma. It was still stupid. Heupel & Co. will sit him down, find out what went down and why. Then re-educate him. That's the professional way to handle it, Mr. The TallGuy, a knee-jerk dismissal from the team isn't coaching. It's spite

He shouldn’t be dismissed from the team.

I’m just saying this is the first real game action he’s had since he went MIA after the Florida game last year. How many times did Heupel and Goelish talk in press conferences about “who can we trust out on the field”? I doubt after this incident he plays much. They can’t trust him and just think he will be buried on the depth chart now. We are deep at WR.

VN Store

Back