Calloway ejected

Punch for punch is one thing. Five punch for one punch is another thing. Would guess he’s out for a month.

Too bad we aren’t 1990s Florida; he’d be back in two weeks if we were. Remember when Spurrier would suspend all kinds of players to start the year, and then conveniently they’d all be back for Tennessee? Ah, memories.
Why do you think he is going to be out for a month? Doesn’t a swing warrant about a one game suspension?

Reactions: 4chrissy
I never used the word inexcusable. And I don't agree that he should never play again. It's that simple.
The guy threw multiple combinations... Dumb af with helmets on but also intent... And yet you wanna defend it.... A punch or 2... But he went pure stupid... He got his chance and blew it

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
The guy threw multiple combinations... Dumb af with helmets on but also intent... And yet you wanna defend it.... A punch or 2... But he went pure stupid... He got his chance and blew it
When did he defend it? It was stupid, he should be punished, but he shouldn’t be kicked off the team. Some of you guys are just ridiculous.

It's mind blowing. There are punches thrown in practice and even in games all the time. If players were thrown off for punches there would be bare rosters.
There are heat of the moment... But there are also heat of the not able to process... He was benched last year after getting playing time... Then he does this... Regardless he won't be trusted

Reactions: Rootyvol1998
The people saying he needs to be kicked off the team consider visiting the fridge to be an intensive contact sport.
I don't think he should be kicked off the team.. but you've obviously never met my fridge. It fights dirty.

It was beyond stupid. He's a receiver. He can't be punching helmets with those hands.
Most definitely. He’s been in the dog house and he looked so stupid throwing those haymakers. Nothing and I mean nothing warrants that. He hits your mama or your girl in front of u yeah he deserves it but damn on the football field,… no. If anyone thinks words said deserves that y’all are dumb.

I'm not defending his actions, but he should get the same suspension everyone else gets for throwing a punch. He shouldn't be kicked off the team like some have argued.

Akron being dirty got them a couple more bombs to rub it in.

However, Calloway has told to block and can’t seem to do it without punching. Dumb players like this will get you beat. He needs to be at bottom of depth chart and earn it from here. And if he doesn’t, then boot him.

Opposing coaches discuss Tennessee and Josh Heupel ahead of the 2022 season.

Opposing coaches discuss Tennessee and Josh Heupel ahead of 2022 season
Tbh......tldr
I never used the word inexcusable. And I don't agree that he should never play again. It's that simple.

Totally agree Freak! Stupid, for sure. Should he be more disciplined, yes. But, to be honest, there’s a little part of me that likes to see that kind of fight/anger/desire from our team. We just haven’t had enough fight the past 15 years.

Our guys back in the 90s were far from choir boys. The guys who want Calloway gone would have kicked off half the 98 team!

VN Store

Back