Calloway ejected

Calloway took a swing at another player.....

He needs to be done.

There's no place in the game for that......

Not to bring it up, but there was another incident …Vandy game with JJ, and I love JJ, but remember that? (Was it a face stomp/an accidental step on the face?) Lol.. There was a schism about that one on here as well.. however coaches and teammates decide to handle it is good enough for me

Well said Lady Volette, but seems that the armchair hypocrites have already decided his fate just like they did J Banks and JJ. I’m with you, this should be handled internally and we should support whatever the outcome is.

I'm not defending his actions, but he should get the same suspension everyone else gets for throwing a punch. He shouldn't be kicked off the team like some have argued.

As much as I hate to say so, he needs to be done......

I hate that but you don't get to repeatedly take swings at your opponent.

As much as I hate to say so, he needs to be done......

I hate that but you don't get to repeatedly take swings at your opponent.

Did Andre Johnson deserve to be done after he punked Cortland Finnegan? He should be punished in accordance with SEC precedent and whatever Heup feels is appropriate....

If Heup wants to kick him off, then fine....

Reactions: 4chrissy
He should have ripped Akron players helmet off and beat him with it. They were dirty tonight and the injuries they cost us will lose us a game if Sampson and small and Tillman are out

Did Andre Johnson deserve to be done after he punked Cortland Finnegan? He should be punished in accordance with SEC precedent and whatever Heup feels is appropriate....

If this was a boxing match Calloway would be #1 with a bullet.....

Unfortunately for him, this is football

As much as I hate it I hope Heuple sits him

So A coach didn't do the right thing means that OUR coach shouldn't do the right thing??

I'd rather TN's coach does the right thing......

What Calloway did was excessive and he has to be held accountable. But dismissal is excessive as well IMO. Fights happen in sports. Some where folks actually get hurt. Calloway was hitting someone in a helmet, in the end. Let's not overreact.

Heupal is building a culture and this kind of dumb act doesn't fit into it. I don't think he will get kicked off the team but I bet he goes right back in the dog house.

So A coach didn't do the right thing means that OUR coach shouldn't do the right thing??

I'd rather TN's coach does the right thing......

Heup knows his players, his team's chemistry, and his needs a whole lot more than some idiots on a message board. It should be whatever punishment the SEC is allowed by SEC laws and precedent plus anything else Heup deems appropriate.

What you think is right may not be the same thing he thinks is right. He has a lot more info to make that decision than we do...

don't know the situation, but makes me wonder if he wasn't in the dog house in the first place because of more than just a dropped pass

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Heup knows his players, his team's chemistry, and his needs a whole lot more than some idiots on a message board. It should be whatever punishment the SEC is allowed by SEC laws and precedent plus anything else Heup deems appropriate.

What you think is right may not be the same thing he thinks is right. He has a lot more info to make that decision than we do...

So.... You're OK with Calloway taking swings at Akron players......

Throwing punches. lol. I'm just having a discussion. I can't fathom people wanting the kid kicked off the team for that.

For me it’s a lack of discipline that could potentially cost a game. Does he need to be kicked off the team? No. But he needs to learn that that sort of response is unacceptable and will not be tolerated going forward.

VN Store

Back