So obvious, how to beat Florida!

ReelfootVol

I realize I am overlooking Akron, however, I am 75 years old and we got to beat Florida before I leave this earth ! I want our entire team to think about how easy Kentucky defeated the great Florida Gators. So very simple, but somewhat hard to do. The answer to winning the game against Florida is so simple. COMPLETELY SHUT ANTHONY RICHARDSON DOWN. In my opinion it makes no difference what the remainder of the Florida team does, but if we can shut down Richardson, we will win. We have got to stop/slow down his gaining ground by running the ball and we must treat him just like we treated the Pitt quarterback during the first half of that game. We must punish Richardson to the point he may not want to play the second half. As a proud UTM alumni I have got to see us beat the Gators . So, even though I am overlooking Akron, I just cannot help it. I have been an avid Vol fan since about 16 years old. My friends, that is many years ! Just could not wait any longer to post this. One other thing I noticed in the Pitt game. Often times our up tempo game became much slower at times than usual. Keeping the game as fast as possible will tire the Florida defense. Their depth is not as great as in the past. Anything we can use to our advantage is a must !

Last edited:
Uk just showed you , keep him in the pocket and make him throw it. It’s that simple
We cannot even afford to give him time to throw the ball. We need to put him on his back before he can throw the ball. Making him gun shy is my point. Hit him so hard as many times possible prior to throwing the ball.

I realize I am overlooking Akron, however, I am 75 years old and we got to beat Florida before I leave this earth ! I want our entire team to think about how easy Kentucky defeated the great Florida Gators. So very simple, but somewhat hard to do. The answer to winning the game against Florida is so simple. COMPLETELY SHUT ANTHONY RICHARDSON DOWN. In my opinion it makes no difference what the remainder of the Florida team does, but if we can shut down Richardson, we will win. We have got to stop/slow down his gaining ground by running the ball and we must treat him just like we treated the Pitt quarterback during the first half of that game. We must punish Richardson to the point he may not want to play the second half. As a proud UTM alumni I have got to see us beat the Gators . So, even though I am overlooking Akron, I just cannot help it. I have been an avid Vol fan since about 16 years old. My friends, that is many years ! Just could not wait any longer to post this.
I believe you are correct. Florida doesn't have their usual number of playmakers this year. No one, on offense, looks very dynamic outside of Richardson. Of course, our history against mobile quarterbacks isn't very encouraging but our d-line certainly looked much better against Pitt. From what I've heard, Florida doesn't have a lot of depth so our fast paced offense could wear down their starters. Of course, it is Florida and we can get really creative when it comes to ways to lose to them.

I believe you are correct. Florida doesn't have their usual number of playmakers this year. No one, on offense, looks very dynamic outside of Richardson. Of course, our history against mobile quarterbacks isn't very encouraging but our d-line certainly looked much better against Pitt. From what I've heard, Florida doesn't have a lot of depth so our fast paced offense could wear down their starters. Of course, it is Florida and we can get really creative when it comes to ways to lose to them.
Y

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
if we can get pressure on him like we did against Pitt... I think we'll be in good shape

although we do have a curse against us when playing Florida...so anything can happen....

The mental condition of the team is most important for the game against the gaters. If they have the mentality going into this game as many of our fans, we'll lose.

Having confidence they win isn't a guaranteed win, but having doubts they can is, especially because it's some black magic monkey woman curse. Lol.

If the Gators have to play ketchup all night, I don't think they'll be able to mustard up enough points, because mayonnaise a lot points Tennessee will likely score
More of a mustard guy myself. Especially when it comes to flopping and questionable officiating.

Beat Florida. Drag 'em in an alley and beat them. Take their girlfriend home and make her a cleaning lady and then.... Well foremost, beat Florida.
SCShadowAlley.gif

Last edited:
I realize I am overlooking Akron, however, I am 75 years old and we got to beat Florida before I leave this earth ! I want our entire team to think about how easy Kentucky defeated the great Florida Gators. So very simple, but somewhat hard to do. The answer to winning the game against Florida is so simple. COMPLETELY SHUT ANTHONY RICHARDSON DOWN. In my opinion it makes no difference what the remainder of the Florida team does, but if we can shut down Richardson, we will win. We have got to stop/slow down his gaining ground by running the ball and we must treat him just like we treated the Pitt quarterback during the first half of that game. We must punish Richardson to the point he may not want to play the second half. As a proud UTM alumni I have got to see us beat the Gators . So, even though I am overlooking Akron, I just cannot help it. I have been an avid Vol fan since about 16 years old. My friends, that is many years ! Just could not wait any longer to post this. One other thing I noticed in the Pitt game. Often times our up tempo game became much slower at times than usual. Keeping the game as fast as possible will tire the Florida defense. Their depth is not as great as in the past. Anything we can use to our advantage is a must !

UTM? UT Martin? I graduated there too! Skyhawks represent

We cannot even afford to give him time to throw the ball. We need to put him on his back before he can throw the ball. Making him gun shy is my point. Hit him so hard as many times possible prior to throwing the ball.
I agree, but that comes with a serious risk. If they can throw out some quick screens to avoid the rush like we did against Pitt -- a la Ball State -- he won't have to be super accurate. They're a one dimensional team, to be sure, but if he can get off a few quick tosses for decent gains, it will force us to alter what we do to defend that more and thus open things up for him a little more. I absolutely believe shutting him down is the key, but I'm still not sold on our defense, even after last weekend (even though it's appearing better that last year, so far).

No offense Reelfoot, but you need to calm down. Why don't you come back after the Price Is Right and we'll sort this out.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Florida's cupboard is pretty bare this season Dan Mullen was a lousy recruiter.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back