So obvious, how to beat Florida!

I realize I am overlooking Akron, however, I am 75 years old and we got to beat Florida before I leave this earth ! I want our entire team to think about how easy Kentucky defeated the great Florida Gators. So very simple, but somewhat hard to do. The answer to winning the game against Florida is so simple. COMPLETELY SHUT ANTHONY RICHARDSON DOWN. In my opinion it makes no difference what the remainder of the Florida team does, but if we can shut down Richardson, we will win. We have got to stop/slow down his gaining ground by running the ball and we must treat him just like we treated the Pitt quarterback during the first half of that game. We must punish Richardson to the point he may not want to play the second half. As a proud UTM alumni I have got to see us beat the Gators . So, even though I am overlooking Akron, I just cannot help it. I have been an avid Vol fan since about 16 years old. My friends, that is many years ! Just could not wait any longer to post this. One other thing I noticed in the Pitt game. Often times our up tempo game became much slower at times than usual. Keeping the game as fast as possible will tire the Florida defense. Their depth is not as great as in the past. Anything we can use to our advantage is a must !
Going fast causes our D to play a lot of plays; it can tire our defense too.

The mental condition of the team is most important for the game against the gaters. If they have the mentality going into this game as many of our fans, we'll lose.

Having confidence they win isn't a guaranteed win, but having doubts they can is, especially because it's some black magic monkey woman curse. Lol.

Well, did we promise Ms. Rudolph a Thanksgiving turkey back in June?

“Ms. Rudolph, please tell me what happened to the tarantula…”
“That ain’t none of your +%*]*{!| business. But if you don’t bring me that turkey, you will see him again.”

Last edited:
We have a bad history of making backup QBs look like Heisman candidates. If Richardson is ineffective and they go to a backup, my BVS will flare up for sure.

I think they have a future Heisman QB currently sitting third on the punter depth chart.

I don't care how "easy" Kentucky made it look, it won't be easy for Tennessee against them.

Kentucky has very good linebackers. Tennessee's LBs and Richardson is not a good matchup for the Vols. Vols have to blitz from different positions to get pressure on the QB and AR is very elusive and a good runner. AR in the open field vs our LBs could be trouble. Banks will have to dial up a great game plan to keep AR from being a difference maker like he was vs Utah.

On offense, UK has better RBs than the Vols. Hooker will have to be successful to hopefully open up a few things for the backs to get some yards. UT WRs will see press coverage all day and need to do a better job of getting off the line quicker.

Vols should win at home, but then, we've been there before.......

Kentucky has very good linebackers. Tennessee's LBs and Richardson is not a good matchup for the Vols. Vols have to blitz to get pressure on the QB and AR is very elusive and a good runner. Banks will have to dial up a great game plan to keep AR from being a difference maker like he was vs Utah.
Kentucky didn’t really pressure. They rushed in lanes so he couldn’t escape and played a “spy” linebacker who only had to contain him running the ball. That’s the key. Let him throw it. If we blitz like we did against the 2 statues that played for Pitt, he’ll just dodge us and run for 30-40 yards at a time. Solid coverage and containing him was the Kentucky recipe. Can we match it? I’d love to see us flatten him, too, but he won’t be standing in one spot like the Pitt quarterbacks.

Reactions: 67Vol
Kentucky didn’t really pressure. They rushed in lanes so he couldn’t escape and played a “spy” linebacker who only had to contain him running the ball. That’s the key. Let him throw it. If we blitz like we did against the 2 statues that played for Pitt, he’ll just dodge us and run for 30-40 yards at a time. Solid coverage and containing him was the Kentucky recipe. Can we match it? I’d love to see us flatten him, too, but he won’t be standing in one spot like the Pitt quarterbacks.

Exactly. The problem with this is:
-- Can the Vols get any pressure only rushing the DLs
-- Are the Vols' LBs athletic enough to have a spy or to come up and make a tackle if they are dropping back in zone coverage?
-- Hard to expect solid coverage out of this group of DBs if the QB is not being hurried.

Banks will have a good game plan, I just hope the defense is talented enough to pull it off. I would suspect, it will include soft coverage on the outside outside the redzone giving UF time to work the short and intermediate passing game. Vols DBs will have to come up and make tackles to limit the YAC and have to hope AR can't work the ball down the field with consistent passing. Once in the redzone, the Vols will probably take changes with a shortened field. AR may struggle with the different looks, the Vols will be giving.

It’s obvious how to beat John Jones in a fist fight, just hit him hard in the face and keep your block up.

Now go do it.

It’s easy to win every game, just score more points than your opponent.

Reactions: Backwards K
Shutting the starting QB down is pretty much the blueprint for beating any team. It’s easier said than done. But I think our defense is going to give AR fits.

I could be wrong, but it looked to me that UK had a spy on Richardson for much of that game besides obvious passing downs.

If you get a chance to watch the replay, watch #10 and #5 for UK on defense.

Reactions: FirstAndGoal
I realize I am overlooking Akron, however, I am 75 years old and we got to beat Florida before I leave this earth ! I want our entire team to think about how easy Kentucky defeated the great Florida Gators. So very simple, but somewhat hard to do. The answer to winning the game against Florida is so simple. COMPLETELY SHUT ANTHONY RICHARDSON DOWN. In my opinion it makes no difference what the remainder of the Florida team does, but if we can shut down Richardson, we will win. We have got to stop/slow down his gaining ground by running the ball and we must treat him just like we treated the Pitt quarterback during the first half of that game. We must punish Richardson to the point he may not want to play the second half. As a proud UTM alumni I have got to see us beat the Gators . So, even though I am overlooking Akron, I just cannot help it. I have been an avid Vol fan since about 16 years old. My friends, that is many years ! Just could not wait any longer to post this. One other thing I noticed in the Pitt game. Often times our up tempo game became much slower at times than usual. Keeping the game as fast as possible will tire the Florida defense. Their depth is not as great as in the past. Anything we can use to our advantage is a must !
I prefer a 2x4 to beat them with! 😂😂😂

I think Richardson was checked out of the game mentally before it ever started. Had no expression the whole game. I get some people are like that but his body language was off. I got Tennessee by a couple TDs

And another thing I just noticed your name. Are you from reelfoot lake area? I live in Tiptonville

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Kentucky has very good linebackers. Tennessee's LBs and Richardson is not a good matchup for the Vols. Vols have to blitz from different positions to get pressure on the QB and AR is very elusive and a good runner. AR in the open field vs our LBs could be trouble. Banks will have to dial up a great game plan to keep AR from being a difference maker like he was vs Utah.

On offense, UK has better RBs than the Vols. Hooker will have to be successful to hopefully open up a few things for the backs to get some yards. UT WRs will see press coverage all day and need to do a better job of getting off the line quicker.

Vols should win at home, but then, we've been there before.......

KY may typically have better RB’s than Tennessee, but this game they didn’t. Their star RB was out, and their backup Smoke (who I swear has been there for 9 years) rushed for 80 yards.

VN Store

Back