‘23 AL RB Jeremiah Cobb (Auburn commit)

Leach is the perfect coach for Mississippi State. Potential for an occasional 10 win season. Floor is roughly 6 wins. Entertaining offense. But, will never win the SEC. Not a coach that Tennessee fans would accept, but State fans will be okay with a career like that.

Exactly. He hasn't coached at big time programs for a reason. He's not a big time coach.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
And you’re saying bc of this one game that he wishes he transferred?

Nope. I’m not. But I don’t think being 2-0 against that sisters of the poor factors in. I do think lack of performance against a crap team that played Auburn within a TD does.

Tennessee is trending up. Auburn is trending down AND he’s putting up sub par numbers. He’d be the feature RB at Tennessee.

Nope. I’m not. But I don’t think being 2-0 against that sisters of the poor factors in. I do think lack of performance against a crap team that played Auburn within a TD does.

Tennessee is trending up. Auburn is trending down AND he’s putting up sub par numbers. He’d be the feature RB at Tennessee.

I’d say he’s fine right now.

4th in SEC in rushing (one of the 3 above him is Vandy QB) and 6.83 ypc. Those aren’t bad numbers

Leach is the perfect coach for Mississippi State. Potential for an occasional 10 win season. Floor is roughly 6 wins. Entertaining offense. But, will never win the SEC. Not a coach that Tennessee fans would accept, but State fans will be okay with a career like that.

He has a really good defense right now too. Really underrated. Gonna be some teams that find themselves in deep trouble against them.

In 21 years as a HC, Leach has won 10 or more games...twice; and, he has never put together a recruiting class ranked better than 26th. I like the man, and I think he's a good coach; but, he is far from elite, far from homerun, imo. Would rather have Heupel any day of the week.

Now, Leach's DC? That's a different story.
He’s also coached at Texas Tech and Washington State. Both places are extremely hard to recruit at, and Mississippi State isn’t much better. Would he have been a better hire than Heupel? That’s yet to be determined, but he definitely would’ve been a better hire than Pruitt and at the very least would’ve made Tennessee a more desirable destination for other coaches had he peaked at 8-4 by this time and been fired

Reactions: walkenvol
We need backs that can run between the tackles.
I think Seldon will get a lot of carries next season and will be that playmaker we need out of the backfield. I don’t think they actually move him to RB, but with Bru, Hyatt, Holiday, Merrill, Webb, and Nimrod all likely returning I think getting carries and targets out of the backfield is his best chance to make an immediate impact in our offense. Sort of like Florida used Harvin in his freshman season because of their experience at WR and lack of a stud RB

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Agreed most of the time small was hit 2 yards in the backfield.
Small getting constantly met at the LOS against Ball State was an indicator of problems to come. I’m not sure why either because we didn’t really have that issue last year. I think we need to get Hooker more involved in the zone read game. It helps keep the front 6/7 more honest on those dive plays if the QB is a threat to keep it. I’m honestly surprised we haven’t seen more of it along with more triple options (faking the dive to Small with Wright/Holiday/Sampson as the pitchman) being ran out of split back sets

Last edited:

VN Store

Back