Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

I have a feeling that if we beat Pitt and end up 3-0 going into Florduh, we will all see. Not sure if they will be gray or black but we will see something for sure. Everyone will be watching.

Reactions: Volsfan1313
Hate black. This is not who we are. Just as soon go with purple. That’s a nice color.
So do you hate it when the baseball team wears black? I am a traditionalist, but once a year with the black or smokey grey is ok with me. As long as Nike doesn't ever bring out one of their off the wall psychedelic uniforms for us.

Hate black. This is not who we are. Just as soon go with purple. That’s a nice color.
During the 2009 season, Tennessee brought back its black alternate jersey(for the first time since 1920) with contrasting orange accents against South Carolina. Black was actually the Vols’ primary uniform color from 1911-1920. Orange pants, now used at home with orange jerseys as an alternate and on the road at times, made their debut in 1977.

If it helps a fraction of a percent with recruiting I’m OK with it - within reason. We should still go with primary unis most of the time. Those grey helmets with the mountains in the background look like someone took a dump on them.

Alternate Uni's have not seemed to make much difference in overall performance in the program in recent past ....but Whatever the players want is what we should give i guess...but ..if you're good...it really dosent matter what you wear....alternate or regular....

@DeerPark12 Now that there are captains patches, why do they look so unique? What's the story behind that, and why is that so interesting to me? lol

VN Store

Back