Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Cover 3 podcast, one of Chip Patterson's locks for the year was Tennessee under 8 regular season wins. He chalked up Georiga, Alabama, and LSU as automatic Ls. He also said Pitt, Florida, and Kentucky are not easy wins. Tom Fornelli agreed but said it isn't a lock. Danny Kanell said he wasn't against the prediction or for the prediction. Bud Elliott had the same stance as Danny.

He basically said 7-5 is a lot more likely than 9-3.

Reactions: VolByLaw
On the Cover 3 podcast, one of Chip Patterson's locks for the year was Tennessee under 8 regular season wins. He chalked up Georiga, Alabama, and LSU as automatic Ls. He also said Pitt, Florida, and Kentucky are not easy wins. Tom Fornelli agreed but said it isn't a lock. Danny Kanell said he wasn't against the prediction or for the prediction. Bud Elliott had the same stance as Danny.
It's weird. All these podcasts go back and forth so often.

One show they love us, the next they're doubting us. Same guys across all these shows, they just can't make their mind up.

He basically said 7-5 is a lot more likely than 9-3.
Our over/under is set at 8, so you're right, they're just trying to make a case for either, based on the thought that they'll push at Tennessee getting 8 wins. They all agree that 8 wins is likely for Tennessee, so is the next likeliest option 7 wins or 9 wins? Sounds like Chip is choosing 7 but nobody else wants to wants to back it.

So the percentage breakdown of how they, and Vegas see it is:

8 wins 50%
7 or less wins 25%
9 or more wins 25%

The rest of the crew feels that way.

Chip is thinking
8 wins 50%
7 or less wins 40%
9 or more wins 10%

I didn’t say he was a good coach, just wondering what makes him a bad coach. I don’t follow his team.
I 100% disagree with kids these days not caring about who he is. I’d be willing to bet his first class at fsu will be top 10, if not better. Have you not seen who he’s talked into coming to Jackson freaking state?? 😂

Outside of Hunter and Coleman - who? He gave Hunter a $1m before any big NIL deals had been announced. I would imagine Coleman got a nice package as well. Add that with the lack of comp they'll face at JSU and it's not hard to see why they chose JSU.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The biggest problem Chattanooga has is that it's so nice. Way too many people moving here and changing the dynamic of the city.

I’ve lived through this aspect in Nashville for the last decade. It has its advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages is the culinary scene. I’m a foodie and the restaurant scene is 100 times better than what it used to be. There are lots of obvious disadvantages though. Cost of living, traffic, downtown changes, etc. I personally side with wanting the city to grow. As we get bigger comes more opportunities. It’s definitely a close call though.

What suggests he is a good coach? He has a bigger talent advantage against his opponents than Bama does, yet still doesn't produce like he should. He won't have that advantage at FSU.

Kids today don't care about Deion Sanders. He might be able to convince a few blue-chip DB's to come along, but he's not going to walk into Tallahassee and recruit with the big boys till he wins. JMO

Kids today definitely care about Deion Sanders. He is still very well connected in all of the communities and groups that matter in CFB.

Outside of Hunter and Coleman - who? He gave Hunter a $1m before any big NIL deals had been announced. I would imagine Coleman got a nice package as well. Add that with the lack of comp they'll face at JSU and it's not hard to see why they chose JSU.

He got the number one player in the nation to go to Jackson State.

I’ve lived through this aspect in Nashville for the last decade. It has its advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages is the culinary scene. I’m a foodie and the restaurant scene is 100 times better than what it used to be. There are lots of obvious disadvantages though. Cost of living, traffic, downtown changes, etc. I personally side with wanting the city to grow. As we get bigger comes more opportunities. It’s definitely a close call though.
There are good and bad.

In any event, the wife and I are probably moving out of Chattanooga within the next 5 years. Never thought we'd say that, but there it is. Not necessarily because of the changes to the community, but the changes aren't slowing us down either.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
embarrassing...

Quarterback

1. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State (95)
2. Bryce Young, Alabama (94)
3. Will Levis, Kentucky (89)
4. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami-FL(88)
5. Anthony Richardson, Florida (77)
6. Phil Jurkovec, Boston College (76)
7. Devin Leary, NC State (75)
8. Kedon Slovis, Pittsburgh (74)
9. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina (67)
10. Jayden Daniels, LSU (60)
11. Jaren Hall, BYU (55)
12. Tanner McKee, Stanford (50)
13. Hendon Hooker, Tennessee (49)

[/quote

Last edited:

Listen to The Late Kick Podcast with Josh Pate. Andy Staples is a good one too. Most of those big names at ESPN have their biases and slants on their opinions. Pate gives objective fair analysis and is highly enthusiastic. He’s my go to podcast for my morning and evening commutes.

Note: Pate did take Tennessee +8 for the over/under on wins and has Tennessee ranked 15th in his poll.

Listen to The Late Kick Podcast with Josh Pate. Andy Staples is a good one too. Most of those big names at ESPN have their biases and slants on their opinions. Pate gives fair analysis and is highly enthusiastic. He’s my go to podcast for my morning and evening commutes.

Note Pate did take Tennessee +8 for the over/under on wins and has Tennessee ranked 15th in his poll.
best in the business

Listen to The Late Kick Podcast with Josh Pate. Andy Staples is a good one too. Most of those big names at ESPN have their biases and slants on their opinions. Pate gives fair analysis and is highly enthusiastic. He’s my go to podcast for my morning and evening commutes.

Good recs

Cover 3 is a 247 podcast, and is actually a good listen. I'm not going to not listen to Cover 3 just because one of their guys has an opinion that I don't like.

Here are the CFB pods that I make a point to listen to:
Cover 3
The Late Kick with Josh Pate
The Audible
The Andy Staples Show
Stanford Steve & The Bear
Unnecessary Roughness - kind of ehh on this one though

I used to listen to The Solid Verbal and Cover 2 back when there weren't as many choices, but I've kind of phased those out (or they don't exist anymore?).

I have two uncles that engineered trains. Both had multiple fatal accidents in their careers.
Apparently stupid people are stupid and think trains can stop for them.

There's that and there are still a lot of unsafe crossings that aren't marked. There are genuine accidents but the vast majority of the time though it's just an impatient driver that thinks he or she can beat the train and maybe they can on most days but it only takes one slip and it's nearly guaranteed death.

Reactions: Brillovol
Good recs

Cover 3 is a 247 podcast, and is actually a good listen. I'm not going to not listen to Cover 3 just because one of their guys has an opinion that I don't like.

Here are the CFB pods that I make a point to listen to:
Cover 3
The Late Kick with Josh Pate
The Audible
The Andy Staples Show
Stanford Steve & The Bear
Unnecessary Roughness - kind of ehh on this one though

I used to listen to The Solid Verbal and Cover 2 back when there weren't as many choices, but I've kind of phased those out (or they don't exist anymore?).

I don’t care what a guy’s opinion is. I only care when I can tell that there’s a bias or an agenda with it.

Talking heads like Danny Kanell, Pat Forde, Dan Wolken, Stewart Mandel, Brandon Walker, Paul Finebaum, etc have their agendas and can’t form an objective opinion. Their opinion isn’t value.

Guys like Josh Pate, Andy Staples, and Barrett Sallee are the better ones, because they’re capable of putting any biases aside.

It's weird. All these podcasts go back and forth so often.

One show they love us, the next they're doubting us. Same guys across all these shows, they just can't make their mind up.
They just don't realize our defense will actually be decent this year.

Ya don't look night and day different from one fall camp to another and not improve.

It'll be fun to smack people around this year. I can't wait.

Chip can lock DN

wow at this list.

They are giving alot of flowers to some guys who have done nothing (Richardson) and others that love to turn the ball over (Levis)
What about Tillman? #60 on this list and they say he is the #1 returning receiver in the SEC yet they list two SEC guys above him. I'm counting the TE from GA.

I guess they are hold against him the fact it is still not clear he will return this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back