Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine almost every NCAA coach has a major ego. You'd have to have one to attempt it, and to succeed at it.

Rumor is that Butch's downfall was a lack of belief in himself, and insecurities.
There's almost always a huge overlap in seemingly huge egos and insecurity. People who are super confident in themselves don't feel the need to make sure everyone around them knows how confident they are or lash out at others to help themselves look/feel better.

Mitchell earned first team reps during Sunday's scrimmage, and he has continued to come on strong over the last two weeks. He was flying around today during tackling drills and just looks noticeably healthier. The Vols need depth at the inside spot, and Mitchell can certainly provide it. He has played at a high level before, and if Tennessee can get that out of him in 2022, along with Jeremy Banks, then the complexion of the Vols defense could look different.
- Jack Foster, si.com

Then the next week, we struggled mightily to beat Air Force. That's when Fulmer lost me.

I was glad we took Army off this year’s schedule. We have no reason to schedule triple option teams. Risks of injuries from the techniques and only a small handful of non P5 programs run the ancient offense.

Do you have kids still living at home? Agree with what someone said about school systems, so if you have school-age kids then I would def say Knoxville. I live in Knoxville but work in commercial real estate all over the state & SE. I like both cities and their surrounding areas. Chattanooga closer to ATL and cheaper air travel, Knoxville has UT (!) and is closer to GSMNP, we do a lot of bicycling, tons of great rides in and around Knoxville. I think it comes down to personal preference relative to your interests/hobbies, you can't go wrong with either imo.
Yeah we have 3 kids with the oldest being 5 currently so it would be a big move. I’m from Chatt originally and am very familiar with the landscape. Probably with decent job prospects in either city. I think for Chatt we’d probably aim for Signal.

We do love Knoxville a lot though as well but don’t know nearly enough about the specific areas and regions. I’ve heard great things about Farragut schools and would probably lean there but would be willing to be persuaded

Always forget how stressful it is replacing a sure return man like VJ… definitely something to watch 9/1
It will be fun to see these new guys. I've been waiting to see what they can do. A lot of promise.

Edit: Holliday and Sampson, in particular; but all of them might be fun. Idk who will be best. I'm hoping a taste of the ball turns Flowers and Slaughter into ball hawks on D. And we've never seen the juco Williams.

Last edited:
Eh, I was at that game. It’s a tough spot when you play the triple option the second game of the year.

That year, we lost to UF 21-20 on a questionable roughing the passer call on Mapu and to LSU 28-24 on a missed fumble call on Russell. It would have been overturned if there was review. I was at both of those, too. We also played a couple of games without Ainge. Could have easily been 11-2 with 4 top 15 wins.

Air Force went 4-8 that year. This is not totally directed at you, but I tire of hearing the excuse of how hard it is to play an option QB and then see teams not as talented as us not struggle in the least.

Always forget how stressful it is replacing a sure return man like VJ… definitely something to watch 9/1

We have been pretty blessed at returner for the last 10 years. The end of the Fulmer era through the majority of Dooley era we didn't have that guy. Then we had the run of:

CP - 1 KR TD, 1 PR TD
Evan Berry - 4 KR TD
Cam Sutton - 3 PR TD
Kamara - 1 PR TD
Callaway - 3 PR TD
Chandler - 1 KR TD
Velus - 1 KR TD

Air Force 06 and Ga Tech 17 give me nightmares.

I was at the 06 Air Force game and I remember after the game a bunch of my buddies were like man UF is gonna roll in here and destroy us. I kept telling them that was not gonna happen...that game was an anomally because of the offense they ran. They kept swearing ...no man UF gonna beat us by 20+...they only ended up winning by 1.

Reactions: ugg
I was at the 06 Air Force game and I remember after the game a bunch of my buddies were like man UF is gonna roll in here and destroy us. I kept telling them that was not gonna happen...that game was an anomally because of the offense they ran. They kept swearing ...no man UF gonna beat us by 20+...they only ended up winning by 1.
That Air Force game was terrible.

Anyone else remember the week leading up to it they were flying jets over campus? I thought that was pretty cool.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back