Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those sunset pictures I post are from just west of where you were! I think I could see our building in your photo!
Love it! I thought you would recognize it! (I had to crop the orange sunset photo for family.) But here's one with some of the buildings. And, below, one I just like of sky and water. Most days were sunny and perfect for relaxing, but clouds are a photographer's friend. IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0288.jpeg

Last edited:
Did anyone watch Nick Faldo's last broadcast today? WOOO talk about emotional. They were all in tears in booth on 18 and when they told Nick to say something he just lost it crying. He couldn't hardly get a word out. It was one of the most emotional send offs I had ever seen. Nick has bought him and his family a ranch in Montana. Going to miss him next year.

yeah, pubelicks owns half that town now.

must be the public access near there? some of the larger condos and bldgs are down that way before the bldg heights restrictions.

enjoy your time Sir.
Unfortunately, my stay was only for a couple of hours. Headed further south. Not much fun on this trip, pretty much business stuff.

Is anyone else surprised that Dylan Sampson has seemingly moved ahead of JWT on the depth chart already?
I've been excited about Sampson since the day we went after him, so I'm not surprised about him. The practice reports today made mention of JWT being a bit behind on catching the ball, whereas I believe (not sure) that was a high school staple for Sampson. But I don't know how much to read into this. It was one day, and I don't think the writers are there for long enough to know much (which I don't disagree with). 2022 Fall Practice #6 I didn't see a depth chart. Where did you see that? But I suspect it can't mean too much before the first scrimmage. I'm very eager to know how the new guys are doing with pass pro. I still think JWT will do great. I'm so glad we have Dixon, so these guys can develop.

Last edited:
If recruiting doesn’t pick up for offensive linemen, it won’t matter who the running backs are! According to this, evaluation and getting guys on board appear to be a big problem for OL. This needs to change ASAP for stability and success in 2-4 years! It must be a high priority!

The Tony Basilio Show

If recruiting doesn’t pick up for offensive linemen, it won’t matter who the running backs are! According to this, evaluation and getting guys on board appear to be a big problem for OL. This needs to change ASAP for stability and success in 2-4 years! It must be a high priority!

The Tony Basilio Show
Basilio always sells fear. And someone is to blame. Did he get erbody upset? We missed on Ramil and hit on Dixon, so this.

Who does he say this staff misevaluated? Umarov? Bussell? Lang? Does he name names? Does he think Simmons was misevaluated? Do you think he has access to the board? Does he think Heup thinks he can play with no OL, but Basil is here to let him know that is false? What is Basil going to do if we succeed? Not clicking.

Basilio always sells fear. And someone is to blame. Did he get erbody upset? We missed on Ramil and hit on Dixon, so this.

Who does he say this staff misevaluated? Umarov? Bussell? Lang? Does he name names? Does he think Simmons was misevaluated? Do you think he has access to the board? Does he think Heup thinks he can play with no OL, but Basil is here to let him know that is false? What is Basil going to do if we succeed? Not clicking.
He’s a hack. Joke stopped being funny a decade ago.

The Tony Basilio Show
I have heard the staff is going to run a new offense without offensive lineman. It will be a revolutionary offense with 8 wideouts, 1 TE, 1 QB, and a runningback.

If you took your irrational blinders off and read the article your questions would be answered! The guest writer clearly lays it all out, it’s not disputable.

If you took your irrational blinders off and read the article your questions would be answered! The guest writer clearly lays it all out, it’s not disputable.
I wouldn't be surprised if it refutes everyone in the world who thinks OL is not important. Only, there is the circumstance that no one thinks that.

By the way, I didn't have any blinders on. I responded specifically to your summary of what he said. You forgot to tell me who was misevaluated. And whether he has access to the board. It sucks we missed on some guys, but there will be more. He doesn't say there won't be any more, does he?

Edit: I didn't fault you.

Last edited:
I’m not clicking on a basilio link bc I guarantee the article doesn’t contain one piece of knowledge I don’t already know, and then does contain some ridiculous conspiracy theory that will be found false soon enough. Nothing good or insightful ever comes from that hacks show

Missed out on the top Tennessee linemen. That's not a good report for the '23 recruits. 3 Tennessee 4* linemen going to SEC opponents Ark, Miss, Miss. State.

Reactions: beachvol23
Is anyone else surprised that Dylan Sampson has seemingly moved ahead of JWT on the depth chart already?
Wasn't really quite sure what to expect of either, except JTW appeared more game ready from a physical standpoint, but apparently Sampson is very fast. It's clearly way too early, but maybe a better fit for the offense.

Exactly! Thank you!!! Clearly hacks on this board can’t understand FACTS.
Clearly. I'm very upset! Time to fire someone! This is UNACCEPTABLE!

Joe Crocker and Luke Bryan would have put on a great show for us! Brian Saunders, not as familiar with his stuff.

Screenshot_20220808-063721_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220808-063737_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220808-063837_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I've been excited about Sampson since the day we went after him, so I'm not surprised about him. The practice reports today made mention of JWT being a bit behind on catching the ball, whereas I believe (not sure) that was a high school staple for Sampson. But I don't know how much to read into this. It was one day, and I don't think the writers are there for long enough to know much (which I don't disagree with). 2022 Fall Practice #6 I didn't see a depth chart. Where did you see that? But I suspect it can't mean too much before the first scrimmage. I'm very eager to know how the new guys are doing with pass pro. I still think JWT will do great. I'm so glad we have Dixon, so these guys can develop.
I pay attention to the order the players are going through the drills. It's a good indicator of the pecking order. Tuesdays scrimmage will start to sort some things out heading into preparation for the first game. Dixon is looking better in drills than he first was. I don't know how quickly he'll pick up the playbook though. Sampson looks impressive in drills. We'll see how he holds up in pass protection.

Wasn't really quite sure what to expect of either, except JTW appeared more game ready from a physical standpoint, but apparently Sampson is very fast. It's clearly way too early, but maybe a better fit for the offense.
I think JWT will be fine. The offense that Sampson ran in high school seems to have helped him adapt quickly to this offense. Of course, we haven't seen anything in the way of actual real football yet.

Reactions: Devo182 and Orange.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back