Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only know because I was assigned that painting for a report in Junior High…

The halo around each star was because of the digitalis that he took. Digoxin toxicity includes a side effect of a halo around lights. During this period in Van Gogh’s life, people took a plant (the Common Foxglove) that naturally produced digitalis. It also causes dilated pupils which was in fashion…

This same report about Van Gogh helped me figure out that a patient had digoxin toxicity (I was a medical student) the resident thought that she was just a regular Psychiatric patient, but she was very lucid. She mentioned that the lights looked really strange. I asked her how and she actually said halo. She was on digoxin for her heart. I convinced the resident to get a digoxin level. The patient had a toxic level and immediately got transferred to the cardiac intensive care. Received Digibind and got better quickly. I got pissed when the resident tried to take credit, but he knew none of the signs of digoxin toxicity (lazy and didn’t look them up…)

Yet another reason why I think that Tennessee is 15-0 this season. 🤠
Another reason why everyone should get some education about multiple subjects. You never know what you might learn and how it applies to what you do, or end up doing.

Ok y'all I need some help. Looking to take my mom to a game this season. She's decided on the Mizzou game. I'm looking at tix in sec Y7 for $58 per ticket. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks morans!
That’s the game I’m going to and section I’m in. I sat about there for Arkansas game in ‘98.
Good seats.

Another reason why everyone should get some education about multiple subjects. You never know what you might learn and how it applies to what you do, or end up doing.

That same patient was able to quote a Shakespearean soliloquy verbatim. I was so awestruck that I went to the library that night to confirm. Just didn’t seem like the disorganized and confused other Psychiatric patients that I had taken care of. She was an awesome person.

That sweet patient confirmed what we were told early in Med School. You can learn something from everyone, every patient, every doctor, every nurse, every single person. Sometimes you learn how to improve yourself, sometimes you learn how you want to do things, just as commonly how you don’t want to do things.
I realized that it’s true for every aspect of life.

I bought my tickets on seatgeek.com then later read on tn athletics Twitter page that the only guaranteed tickets were on Ticketmaster and utsports.com. Has it always been that way or just since they switched to electronic tickets? That kinda freaked me out. Just hoping my tickets work since I already paid for 6 of them.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I bought my tickets on seatgeek.com then later read on tn athletics Twitter page that the only guaranteed tickets were on Ticketmaster and utsports.com. Has it always been that way or just since they switched to electronic tickets? That kinda freaked me out. Just hoping my tickets work since I already paid for 6 of them.
They mean through the school. Resellers can use whatever market they want.

You did just cause me to have another seizure.

When your character is stuck like this and can't move it's a t-pose:

de4vbp0-fac25b4b-417a-42d2-86e8-5f92aec87b0e.png

All 3d models whether they are video game or cgi for film have skeletons underneath them and that skeleton is what is animated (with the image rendered on top of that skeleton). The more complex the character and movements you want from them the more complex the skeleton.

Mario's skeleton is going to be simple because his movements are simple (just a cute reference example rather than what his actual skeleton looks like):
12dabb14c1ada3be65b6eda8754af980f26aab70r1-750-650v2_hq.jpg

Basically I decided that I wanted a more complicated skeleton so that the character could do more movements and I also added commands for those movements. It would be like if we decided that Mario should be able to block and wield a sword in a more realistic manner rather than just jump over and on things like he did in early nintendo releases. Only I screwed up and left some steps out and now my game can't find the right skeleton and animation commands for any player characters and reverted to the default t-pose.

Last edited:
I still love Skyrim. I play on PSVR so I know I'm missing out on the mods but the VR experience brings a different level to the game even if it's a little wonky at times.

Do you use an oculus? I haven't played with those yet but I have heard they're really fun. I can't give up all the nice mods that are coming out. I replay Skyrim every few months (sometimes I will wait a year or so) just to see what new stuff has been put out. Skyrim has a ton of flaws but it's just fun to go into that world and enjoy the scenery and feel like you're in a real place for a little while. I'm looking forward to Starfield because once it's out TES is next and while initially that's all I cared about the previews for Starfield actually look good to me.

Last edited:
When your character is stuck like this and can't move it's a t-pose:

de4vbp0-fac25b4b-417a-42d2-86e8-5f92aec87b0e.png

All 3d models whether they are video game or cgi for film have skeletons underneath them and that skeleton is what is animated (with the image rendered on top of that skeleton). The more complex the character and movements you want from them the more complex the skeleton.

Mario's skeleton is going to be simple because his movements are simple (just a cute reference example rather than what his actual skeleton looks like):
12dabb14c1ada3be65b6eda8754af980f26aab70r1-750-650v2_hq.jpg

Basically I decided that I wanted a more complicated skeleton so that the character could do more movements and I also added commands for those movements. It would be like if we decided that Mario should be able to block and wield a sword in a more realistic manner rather than just jump over and on things like he did in early nintendo releases. Only I screwed up and left some steps out and now my game find the right skeleton and animation commands for any player characters and reverted to the default t-pose.
E54727F3-7C04-4D4E-89DA-E944FB01A28E.jpeg
Can’t believe you didn’t use Jesus Bynum as an example picture

My dad told me and I told my kids, always be learning, whatever you’re doing. You never know when it might be important in the future…
Same thing with all parents, we just hope they get past the peer crap, their own thoughts of teenager stuff and of course, the ole mighty cell phone. I think we had it better as teens in our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back