'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Think Heupel will help himself here by winning this year and sending some more kids to the league. Proving that offense is legit and not just a one year flash in the pan. Seems like the Carter family is already fans of the program we just need to show out this year and show we’re on the right path

Think Heupel will help himself here by winning this year and sending some more kids to the league. Proving that offense is legit and not just a one year flash in the pan. Seems like the Carter family is already fans of the program we just need to show out this year and show we’re on the right path
He's being recruited as a DB.

He's being recruited as a DB.
I think wherever he goes he will get an opportunity on offense. Especially with us if we can somehow get some corners in the portal this year and get Beasley and Thompson and another corner in next year’s class. Lord knows we’re already set with 27 safeties on the roster. This dude shows too many similarities to DAT/Tavon Austin and our offense is too similar to those offenses for him to not get an opportunity on that side of the ball

Reactions: Boo carter mom
I think wherever he goes he will get an opportunity on offense. Especially with us if we can somehow get some corners in the portal this year and get Beasley and Thompson and another corner in next year’s class. Lord knows we’re already set with 27 safeties on the roster. This dude shows too many similarities to DAT/Tavon Austin and our offense is too similar to those offenses for him to not get an opportunity on that side of the ball
While I agree with his potential on offense, I assume the coaches saw something in camp that suggests he could be a 1st round type CB.

He would have a much longer career as a DB or WR than as a RB, just from statistical standpoint. People just dont play as long in the league when they're RBs.
I don't think any major program is recruiting him as a RB. It’s either as a DB, slot WR, or athlete.

Reactions: Orange.
Nobody cares where he's from. We want him because he is electric, not because he's from TN.
in the end, this is accurate. but there is something to say about keeping the best in state players home, especially when those players are being recruited at a high level.

the biggest reason that's important is just the negative recruiting that goes on when in state players do go someplace else, especially the ones we do want. to me, the in state recruiting issue is much less about on field, and more about perceptions. it makes it harder to go after and get the in state players you do covet. that's the problem. it's not that in state recruiting sucks. it's that when you want the kid from Chattanooga, all he's been hearing is how TN never gets this or that, and look at all these in state kids that left, they don't care about TN kids. etc, etc, etc.

that said, that absolutely cannot be the driving force behind a decision to go after a kid in state, just because it'd look bad if we didn't get him. no coach should do that. so don't get me wrong. you go get the players you want, that you have evaluations for, and fit your system, culture etc... if they're from TN, bonus. if not, don't care.

it's really a balancing act, especially for us given how many schools do recruit TN, proximity to Knoxville vs. AL, OM, MSU, ARK, UK, LSU, MO etc...and that while the overall talent level in TN is rising, the margin for error on the top prospects in TN is still razor thin when compared to a few of our neighboring states.

so while i understand why in state recruiting gets special attention.....at the end of the day, it won't matter if the kids we do get are as good or better.

It is that hand stuck out and getting greased for influencing players that I abhor. So I will continue to hope for GOOD alternatives to there. Don't want any UT money going to that place or any similar place either. Don't like influence peddling with young athletes.
You probably shouldn’t like NIL then, well, at least the collective part of NIL.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back