'24 TN DB Boo Carter (Tennessee)

Boo Carter is quickly becoming a household name for the nation's top collegiate football programs.

Already with 32 Division I scholarship offers, the rising Chattanooga Christian School junior upped his stock over the holiday weekend as Carter helped team TOA win the Pylon 7-on-7 national championship at SeatGeek Stadium in Chicago.

Carter's versatile skill set was on full display in the Windy City. The 6-foot, 180-pound playmaker showcased his burst and separation as a wide receiver along with physicality as he batted up a ball to himself for a touchdown catch in tight coverage. In the secondary, he showed great timing to punch a ball out at the last second from a receiver in 1-on-1 coverage.

"Winning the Pylon national championship was special," said Carter, who streaked downfield on a corner route to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Tennessee Volunteers 5-star quarterback commit Nico Iamaleava. "Making that final catch was definitely my No. 1 moment, especially coming from a quarterback like Nico. To be playing on this elite level of competition is really a blessing."

Carter has bolted up recruiting boards this summer and is now ranked the 75th top player in the country by Rivals.com for the Class of 2024. He was also recently tabbed as a top 10 defensive back in the nation by Rivals, which has him ranked the No. 2 prospect in Tennessee and 12th best athlete in the country.

In June alone he picked up offers from Missouri and Nebraska while also receiving an offer from Deion Sanders' Jackson State program in May. Carter's list of suitors also includes Cincinnati, Florida State, Tennessee, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Oregon and Penn State to name just a few.

"My goal is to make something out of myself, to be someone in life," Carter said. "Whether it's playing football in the NFL one day or working in sports medicine, those are my goals. I am going to do the same thing I have always done, which is keep grinding and showing love to everyone around me. My mom, dad, family and the people that support me are what drives me to be great."

Carter is a consensus 4-star prospect on recruiting websites and is trending toward coveted 5-star status. He was one of the standouts at a Tennessee Vols camp a couple of weekends ago, where he showcased his 4.39 40-yard dash time by burning a defensive back for a long touchdown.

As a sophomore with Chattanooga Christian last fall he rushed for 1,197 yards, had over 1,500 all-purpose yards and averaged 10.7 yards per carry while scoring 22 touchdowns in just eight games. He also had 51 total tackles with four interceptions and four pass breakups on his way to earning Division II-AA all-state honors.

Carter looks up to NFL defensive back Jalen Ramsey and also trains with NFL Super Bowl champion and Notre Dame High School product Kareem Orr.

Former East Ridge star JoJo Tillery, who broke up two passes to help the Birmingham Stallions win the USFL championship game in Canton, Ohio on Sunday, believes Carter has super star potential.

"Boo is going crazy right now," Tillery said. "I remember when he was going into ninth grade he was keeping up with me on routes. He had that mentality that I had coming up where you feel like you are the best one on the field at all times — even if you are lining up opposite of Tom Brady.

"He definitely has that mindset and has the drive. He has the potential to do outstanding things."
- Chattanooga Times Free Press

Probably Bama.
It’s funny you said that, my niece goes to Chattanooga Christian, we was talking about him yesterday. My brother said his dad told him he wants to go to Bama. She showed me some videos, he’s dynamic no doubt.

That was last season though, a lot can change especially with NIL

Last edited:
It’s funny you said that, my niece goes to Chattanooga Christian, we was talking about him yesterday. My brother said his dad told him he wants to go to Bama. She showed me some videos, he’s dynamic no doubt.

That was last season though, a lot can change especially with NIL

Is that taking into consideration Saban’s soon to be retirement announcement? No way in the era of NIL he is there for 3 or 4 more years.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
L

Is that taking into consideration Saban’s soon to be retirement announcement? No way in the era of NIL he is there for 3 or 4 more years.
Lets hope he announces his retirement soon. I’ve not been hearing much noise from Bama lately, let’s hope their NIL struggles from now on. Lol

Reactions: Smokey19rt
When did Chattanooga Christian start a football program? They were one of our biggest rivals in baseball and basketball but never had football when I was growing up.
I think they started their program 7-8 years ago.

Don't know if this was officially answered but Chattanooga Christian Schools first full season was in 2009 they went (1-9) a (27-26) win over Whitwell.

Yeah you have to think the appeal of Bama has to be fading. Saban is 70 now. Will be 72 when the ‘24 class steps on campus.

How confident can a 17-18 year old kid, or parent, feel in believing he’s gonna be there while you’re at the university?
I wouldn't be confident he'll be there 1-2 more years honestly. He's a grumpy old fart anyways and I think the whole new landscape with NIL is going to frustrate him straight into retirement........ and soon.

His mom said NPA will have zero influence on their decision.

For this uninformed guy. Is there an alternative to NPA for these particular kids to go to? Maybe we could get some NIL scholarship money for them to go elsewhere. Not a fan where facilities get involved in things other than speed, weight, and skill etc. training.

For this uninformed guy. Is there an alternative to NPA for these particular kids to go to? Maybe we could get some NIL scholarship money for them to go elsewhere. Not a fan where facilities get involved in things other than speed, weight, and skill etc. training.
NPA does a tremendous job in training and development. They help a lot of kids get scholarships, and that's the ultimate goal. We have multiple NPA kids on our roster. The issue is that a few of their guys have built relationships with a few programs and get compensated for pushing recruits to those schools. They are benefiting financially off kids beyond what the families pay for their services. It doesn't apply to all NPA kids, and we'll continue to get kids that train with them. My comments are based on statements from a poster that used to be on here that works for NPA. People usually refer to him as "The Barber" or "Supercuts". He doesn't post here anymore but I heard he is still on Volquest. Anyway, NPA has groups in TN and in Texas providing training for kids. It would take a lot in the way of experienced guys, man hours, and resources to overcome the influence they have instate at this point.

NPA does a tremendous job in training and development. They help a lot of kids get scholarships, and that's the ultimate goal. We have multiple NPA kids on our roster. The issue is that a few of their guys have built relationships with a few programs and get compensated for pushing recruits to those schools. They are benefiting financially off kids beyond what the families pay for their services. It doesn't apply to all NPA kids, and we'll continue to get kids that train with them. My comments are based on statements from a poster that used to be on here that works for NPA. People usually refer to him as "The Barber" or "Supercuts". He doesn't post here anymore but I heard he is still on Volquest. Anyway, NPA has groups in TN and in Texas providing training for kids. It would take a lot in the way of experienced guys, man hours, and resources to overcome the influence they have instate at this point.

It is that hand stuck out and getting greased for influencing players that I abhor. So I will continue to hope for GOOD alternatives to there. Don't want any UT money going to that place or any similar place either. Don't like influence peddling with young athletes.

Yeah you have to think the appeal of Bama has to be fading. Saban is 70 now. Will be 72 when the ‘24 class steps on campus.

How confident can a 17-18 year old kid, or parent, feel in believing he’s gonna be there while you’re at the university?
Didn’t think he would ever retire but after Covid and now with the change in the landscape with NIL and the portal I think he will call it quits if they win the national title this year.

It is that hand stuck out and getting greased for influencing players that I abhor. So I will continue to hope for GOOD alternatives to there. Don't want any UT money going to that place or any similar place either. Don't like influence peddling with young athletes.
I don't like it either. It's hard to think that they have a kid's best interest at heart in any situation.

Bama his college team far as fav team which me I think he a band wagon n I tell him this lol but no to BAMA WE GONE PASS

Someone who knows what bandwagon means. I have relatives who have been Bama fans all their lives and quit talking to me when I made a joke about bandwagon Bama fans. They were insulted because they are not smart. You on the other hand knows what it means and knows passing in a Bama education is a good thing. I like Miss Mana Boo.

VN Store

Back