‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

not the same thing. We did it way before signing day so he wouldn’t be left high and dry.
We literally did it a couple days before early signing day... I think what Georgia did was worse because they made him think that they would eventually have a spot for him, but still we cut players from our class every single year

We literally did it a couple days before early signing day... I think what Georgia did was worse because they made him think that they would eventually have a spot for him, but still we cut players from our class every single year
I wasn't on the inside of any of those situations but the one with the RB and smart did sound pretty slimy. Everyone plays this game to a certain degree but a kid should have some understanding that he's on or near the bubble.

Dooley’s offenses actually scored points the team didn’t play any D. Pruitt was in over his head. I have nothing against our offense, we run as much as we pass. My point still stands execution and good coaching with good players is much more important than what offense your running. There are a lot of weak arse teams running the spread that aren’t that good at it just like the pro style. It’s more about execution. And a very good quarterback is important along with good play on both sides of line of scrimmage. It’s still a line of scrimmage league. You have to be able to win them share of battles. GBO!

ONE of his offenses did.

2010 - 27 ppg
2011 - 20 ppg :(
2012 - 36 ppg

Dooley and Chaney offenses seem to get too much love because only 2012 is remembered. But the other 2 combined for 23.5 ppg average. Pruitt numbahs 🤢🤮

ONE of his offenses did.

2010 - 27 ppg
2012 - 36 ppg

Dooley and Chaney offenses seem to get too much love because only 2012 is remembered. But the other 2 combined for 23.5 ppg average. Pruitt numbahs 🤢🤮
My point was too another poster that pro style can be successful just like the spread can be. But that good coaches and players are the most important thing no matter what system you are in. There are folks running spread that score and there are teams running the spread that aren’t lighting it up as well. Same with pro style. I am tickled to death with Heupel, the point was good coaching and execution are the main drivers in any offense. GBO

ONE of his offenses did.

2010 - 27 ppg
2012 - 36 ppg

Facts. Chaney was trash as I said from day one. He wasn’t even that impressive at UGA with all the NFL talent they had. UGA fans were way more sad to see Pittman go than Chaney.

FTR our local politician grifter Fulmer pushed to get Chaney here…even gave him a raise.

Reactions: Devo182
Facts. Chaney was trash as I said from day one. He wasn’t even that impressive at UGA with all the NFL talent they had. UGA fans were way more sad to see Pittman go than Chaney.

FTR our local politician grifter Fulmer pushed to get Chaney here…even gave him a raise.
Chaney gave HC's what they asked for or attempted to with the talent he had. The last time he had a HC that basically let go was Dooley.

Yeah it was Pruitt and JG that completely derailed the offense .
JG was awful under 5 different OC's. Just the reality of his career.

Yeah. Pruitt wanted "old school" football- ball control, low risk O then win with D. That was the Fulmer formula during the 90's. IMO, he hired Pruitt to prove he was wrongly fired by making his brand of football work again.

and all hope of ever doing anything respectable
Where did that come from? No one suggested anything of the kind. Chaney had a lot of success and then not... largely tied to who the HC was and the HC's philosophy.

It sucks not to land Gibson but I guess the silver lining is it validates this staffs ability to evaluate. Back when he was a low 3 star, we were recruiting him.
Wasn't he near the bottom of our board though? Seems like Strozier and Conyer were their top 2 targets from day 1 then Jackson and Matthews then Gibson and Fleming

Wasn't he near the bottom of our board though? Seems like Strozier and Conyer were their top 2 targets from day 1 then Jackson and Matthews then Gibson and Fleming
Missed on Strozier, missed on Jackson. Might still have a shot with Matthews. Would love to get both Matthews and Gibson, but Gibson is likely picking UGA. We'll continue to move down the list in hopes of finding some CBs to come in and compete.

Missed on Strozier, missed on Jackson. Might still have a shot with Matthews. Would love to get both Matthews and Gibson, but Gibson is likely picking UGA. We'll continue to move down the list in hopes of finding some CBs to come in and compete.
CB's are easy to find

Chaney isn’t trash as an OC.

Ones you can put on an island aren’t. And that’s what you need to be the best in the sec.

Lol. Best in the SEC? Good grief. Can we just get to the point where we are competing with UGA, Bama and UF first? Your line of thinking on this is extreme.

Gibson picking UGA really doesn't make much sense for him. I mean, I get it, he's enamored by their success, but they already have 3 higher rated CBs committed in this class, plus they're pursuing another in Chris Peal, who they supposedly lead on. They've also got a 5* safety committed. So where does he fit in there? It appears pretty deep down that depth chart. It just seems to me that he'd find playing time here well before he finds it there.

Gibson picking UGA really doesn't make much sense for him. I mean, I get it, he's enamored by their success, but they already have 3 higher rated CBs committed in this class, plus they're pursuing another in Chris Peal, who they supposedly lead on. They've also got a 5* safety committed. So where does he fit in there? It appears pretty deep down that depth chart. It just seems to me that he'd find playing time here well before he finds it there.
With the transfer rule, players can compete with the the best, and if they’re not good enough transfer somewhere that they can play. So they’re not looking at how many recruits are at their position in their class so much anymore.

With the transfer rule, players can compete with the the best, and if they’re not good enough transfer somewhere that they can play. So they’re not looking at how many recruits are at their position in their class so much anymore.
The only problem with that is if they do transfer, they come in behind where they would have been to begin with. JMO, but kids should really look at the path they face to playing time when picking a school. You don't get drafted from the bench.

VN Store

Back