‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Pro style can score points, all spread offenses don’t guarantee points. Versions of both can win. Georgia scores plenty of points last year. Good coaching means a lot along with committed players.GBO!

Given Dooley and Pruitt, how would you say attempting to be a better version of Bama/Georgia than either Bama or Georgia has worked out for us?

Maybe we should try this approach

Given Dooley and Pruitt, how would you say attempting to be a better version of Bama/Georgia than either Bama or Georgia has worked out for us?

Dooley’s offenses actually scored points the team didn’t play any D. Pruitt was in over his head. I have nothing against our offense, we run as much as we pass. My point still stands execution and good coaching with good players is much more important than what offense your running. There are a lot of weak arse teams running the spread that aren’t that good at it just like the pro style. It’s more about execution. And a very good quarterback is important along with good play on both sides of line of scrimmage. It’s still a line of scrimmage league. You have to be able to win them share of battles. GBO!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
If we were losing this kid to KY or SCar, you might have a point. But this kid is picking the defending National Champions (blech!- I just threw up in my mouth). This has nothing to do with "NCAA issues".

How do you know this for a fact?

As for Ricky Gibson, he will do something on the 18th and we believe Georgia is the team to beat in this one. Gibson had a really good visit last weekend to Athens based off people we have spoken to and Georgia told him he has the green light to join the class if he wants in.
-VQ

Reactions: berryvol
Who was the RB from Murfreesboro that Kirby basically pulled his scholarship offer just before signing day last year? You think the TN coaches are reminding Gibson that this has been Kirby's M.O. if he gets a higher ranked recruit late in the process?

I don't think our staff would bring something up like that. They don't seem to be in the business of negative recruiting.

I would give Jordan James phone number to Gibson and suggest he text him.

I would also add that TN was prepared to add Jordan James to their class early in the cycle but when Kirby pulled his UGA offer last minute TN no longer had a RB slot available.... and then point out TN wouldn't cut another player this late like Kirby did to James.
We kinda did with Brody Foley tho.

We kinda did with Brody Foley tho.
I knew that would be mentioned after I posted the last part. I removed it.

TN did give Brodey Foley time to find another home before early signing day. James was basically kept from signing on early signing day and he had to extend his recruitment to February. I think he ended up going to Oregon.

Who was the RB from Murfreesboro that Kirby basically pulled his scholarship offer just before signing day last year? You think the TN coaches are reminding Gibson that this has been Kirby's M.O. if he gets a higher ranked recruit late in the process?
All teams do this. We did it to Venson Sneed and Brody Foley last year

(not really having an effect)
200.gif

I say we find an identity and stick with it. This program has been roaming the open fields for some time now. Josh Heupel gives us an identity, finally.

Sure thing bud. Plenty of times in here people have bashed Callahan, Hubbs, AP etc. but obviously you know what you are talking about right?
They all know WAY more than you do. I'll trust them over some random dude on an internet forum who has gut feelings.

VN Store

Back