Potpourri

You guys need to check out the 2023 football recruiting.....Several 5 stars and several 4 stars....Speed at every position....

Lookin good baby!!!!!!!!!
VXT2YFDFFRNKTOCJNYU7UFEBRM.jpg

This is fascinating photography...
Take the time to read the story of Blanche Monnier...She was locked away by her mother and brother for 25 years, all because she wanted to marry a commoner.
que

Reactions: chuckiepoo
GT, if you have not done so already, watch the first season (7 episodes) of the FX series called The Old Man, starring Jeff Bridges, I love that guy as an actor. True Grit redo was especially good as well as The Big Labowski and much of his other stuff. Give it a whirl.

Last edited:
Anyway, thought I’d share with the potpor crew since I frequent here and don’t want to be a stranger, love this thread and the folks on it. All the good folks stop by this thread imo. GT is my fav Volfan.

Vol fans are great folks.

Last edited:
Rooster my very good friend, so uplifting to see you posting again...

I have not seen the Old Man series with Jeff Bridges, but I will when I can find it....Is it on Netflix? Anything with JB is top shelf....He is probably my favorite actor, hell he becomes the part, hell he is the part....He is the Dude!

Your dog looks like a champ....He loves you very much...He is looking straight at you in each of the pictures.......That is real love!

Last year about this time, my little dog Maggie crossed the bridge...I still miss her everyday...She was always by my side....When I would go into Lowes for supplies, I always carried her in with me...She loved that store.

I have since rescued 3 other dogs that were being treated badly by their weak ass, drug infected owners...

One dog, named Dixie, was not being fed enough or exercised enough, so I convinced the owner she would be much better off with me...I could have used the Jedi mind trick, but I preferred my foot up his ass trick...

Another dog named Darla was owned by another druggie that did not watch out for her at all...She was loose on the highway when I got to her before she was killed by the speeding cars.....I offered him a deal he could not refuse.

My other rescue dog was living in a small carrier for months....Her drug infected owner was going to sell her to a lab for experiments....Well, I knocked hard on his door one night and showed him the errors of his thinking...

e1f39a597405cad0b51254ea316a7d37.png

GT, it is produced by FX channel, you can get that on cable or any streaming service. Jeff delt with a cancer bout last year, but he has recovered and looks great for his age in the new series, his trademark mane of hair back all intact. Great actor. And kudos for rescuing dogs, humans sometimes don’t deserve the greatest friend God ever made for us, which he did.

In the Old Man Series, Jeff’s character has a pair of Rottweiler dogs that will impress.

As for my dog, he was supposed to be a red lab, his parents and 9 of 10 in litter were reds, my guy came out kinda between red and yellow, fawn colored. Love him just like he is, here is one of his brothers to show you a true red lab…
31D055DF-E77A-4FDF-98CE-15DE629ABE44.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is my dog’s dad, who is originally from Pennsylvania and is named Rooster (coincidence) he studs in Aiken SC area now. The kennel breeds for duck dogs but they make great pets also if you can exercise them a bunch. This dog Rooster is a speciman.
BC1F6C2D-C345-4F2E-A962-07585E9391BD.jpeg

Last edited:
If anyone ever is interested in red labs, let me know. I did the research and know the best Breeder in the SE, check out Ethereal Labs site, expensive dogs but worth it imo. These are superior English Labs, bred carefully for all the right traits. Beautiful and smart dogs, healthy also. They do reds, blacks, chocolates and some yellows.

And if you hunt birds you won’t find better. My guy Gus (was gonna name him RJ for Rooster Jr after his dad, my wife wouldn’t have it so I named him Gus after the Robert Duvall character in Lonesome Dove) has been trained to upland hunt for Grouse in Maine, but he could have been trained even easier for ducks which of course labs excel at, I’m just not a duck hunter.

The English lab has a block head compared to the American lab which has smaller narrower head and pointed type snout as opposed to the square snout of an English lab. The American lab normally stands a bit taller, but is also lighter in weight as the English lab is built thicker.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back