Florida

Do we beat Florida this year ?

• Yes

Votes: 252 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 14.3%

• Total voters
"Tennesse should win". . . "I'll be disappointed if we lose", "This has to be the year". . . fans quickly forgetting where we were 18months ago.

Back then, if you told me we would be favored to beat UF in yr2, I would be extremely surprised. I wouldn't be disappointed with a loss, all things considered (losing to anyone is always disappointing). However, we're going to boat race the gatas this year.

I wouldn’t count on boat racing gators. Pulling out one win every decade isn’t going to get any monkey off our back either. We would need to beat them about 10 years straight to get it balanced again.

It will never be easy to beat Florida. Ever. It never is. Which is why I laugh at UK fans when they think they will blow us out.

Florida is not winning anything of note this year and this will be a great shot for TN to beat Florida. I do find it a little curious that FL is perceived to be 5th place or worse in the East, TN is perceived to be 2nd or 3rd in the East, yet the teams had very similar records last year (7-6) and (6-7) and the head to head meeting wasn’t close.

Also, Florida won’t be the same team that quit on their coach and basically surrendered vs the SC’s and Mizzou’s of the world at the end of last year.

But I think the advantage in this game is that TN’s offense will be established and clicking against a Florida defense that is a complete unknown. I’m not at all sold on TN’s defense but I’m also not sold on FL’s offense. So of the 4 units on the field, TN’s offense is the only unit you can mostly trust. Advantage TN.
Don’t worry your offense will magically look like the Kansas City chiefs at least for that 1 game of the season

I sure hope so. I’m about to drop $1200 on 3 tickets just got to make my final seat selection.

I voted No, because every time I have voted that we would win, well. . . we lose.

Reactions: oz615
Yep same ole nightmare replayed every year. Doesn’t matter the coach or QB

Yep. And when you pick us to lose, you have some idiots calling it garbage. That’s why I honestly don’t understand the Florida thing. It doesn’t matter what coach we have, what QB or defense. We go into that game and absolutely crap the bed.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
It will never be easy to beat Florida. Ever. It never is. Which is why I laugh at UK fans when they think they will blow us out.
We need to move the TN-FL game to after the FL-GA game. When FL loses to UGA about 50% of the time they quit on their season. That's how teams like Missouri and South Carolina have beaten them more than us in recent years. We have to play them early, when they are healthy and full of hope.

If Banks can draw up a play that can stop 3rd down then Tn will win this game and more. If Tn still has 3rd down problems then its all up in the air

Reactions: oz615
It’s a HUGE game for Heupel and company but don’t overlook the Pitt game two weeks prior at Pitt. I don’t think that game is getting enough buzz and talk that is a very big game and I think some fans on here think that game will be a cakewalk which it def won’t be we will be lucky to get out of Heinz field with a win.
The Pitt game isn't a big game by no means. They lost majority of their play makers that made them so great last year. I expect us to beat them by atleast two TD anything less is a failure imo

It’s a HUGE game for Heupel and company but don’t overlook the Pitt game two weeks prior at Pitt. I don’t think that game is getting enough buzz and talk that is a very big game and I think some fans on here think that game will be a cakewalk which it def won’t be we will be lucky to get out of Heinz field with a win.
Beat Pitt, beat FL. FL game is in staff & players head. Spurrier created this monster. Fulmer fell for it. Can’t spell Citrus without UT. Greatest lines in college football of all time. Way to go Phil, guarantee Majors wouldn’t have fallen for this.

VN Store

Back