Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.6a700893f9337c01997450a29fc814e3

Find the copperhead and we'll tell you...
Best guess

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-221421_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-221421_Chrome.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
All you showed was great amounts of correlation to success 😂

60% is great. Probably better than the draft.

AP top 25 is notoriously bad (compared to Vegas that puts their money where their mouth is) and yet even your (1 year lol) ap poll shows a strong correlation to success.

You're just digging your hole greater and greater. Maybe looking for perfection. As any NFL front office will tell you, there's no such thing. But there are strong predictive measures. Bet against the blue chip ratio all you want. Take all the 3 stars. Lose again with your ignorance. Hopefully you don't gamble real money...all like "this market index doesn't go up EVERY day...it's clearly a loser" 😂

I would LOVE to see you try to prove that point for teams with composite talent outside the top 5.

Again, when considering polls, feel free to drop the non P-5 programs from the rankings and the recruiting services STILL aren't accurate. Nineteen P-5 teams finished in the top 25. To get there, they had to beat other P5 teams. Only 8 were top 25 talent composites according to 247.

Outside of Bama and UGA they weren't even accurate for the SEC. The other 3 ranked SEC teams were ALL outside the top 25 in 247's composite.

I would LOVE to see you try to prove that point for teams with composite talent outside the top 5.

Again, when considering polls, feel free to drop the non P-5 programs from the rankings and the recruiting services STILL aren't accurate. Nineteen P-5 teams finished in the top 25. To get there, they had to beat other P5 teams. Only 8 were top 25 talent composites according to 247.

Outside of Bama and UGA they weren't even accurate for the SEC. The other 3 ranked SEC teams were ALL outside the top 25 in 247's composite.
So you're already backing down by letting go of the top 5 😂

Dude. Just stop. Look at the top 15. Compare to the bottom 15 team talent composites. Just...no.

It's not worth anyone's time. This is madness. Have fun ignoring reality all you like. Peace

We are looking at refreshing some of our design work and need some graphic design help. If you have graphic design experience or know someone that does, please email me will@spyresports.com.

We can compensate with tickets, gear, money, whatever you’re interested in. Just looking for some options moving forward.
@Geaux_Vols

No. Honestly you missed it worse than BOT.
I’ll take your least winded retort as an acknowledgement of defeat. I take it you don’t know much about the social sciences and that’s ok. Some people are just contrarians so much so that they’d argue with themselves.

So you're already backing down by letting go of the top 5 😂
No. I never said any different. The top 5 are pretty easy. Find out who Saban, Smart, Dabo, and Day are recruiting... Almost anyone could do that.

Dude. Just stop. Look at the top 15. Compare to the bottom 15 team talent composites. Just...no.
LOL... maybe you should "just stop". They're accurate when they can "copy someone else's work" and get MUCH less accurate when it is more THEIR evaluations.

It's not worth anyone's time. This is madness. Have fun ignoring reality all you like. Peace
Nope. I made a point and backed it up. You made a claim then took shots at me rather than proving it out.

Just try the SEC to make the numbers easy. Outside of Bama and UGA, how well did team talent rankings predict winners and losers?

Reactions: 9876543vol
I’ll take your least winded retort as an acknowledgement of defeat. I take it you don’t know much about the social sciences and that’s ok. Some people are just contrarians so much so that they’d argue with themselves.
LOL. There are several in this conversation. I'm making claims then providing factual support for what I'm saying. If that's too "contrarian" for you... then go argue with yourself somewhere.

View attachment 475621

Some of you would be dead right now.

I wonder how many times throughout out lives we've walked right by them and never had a clue?
Anyone who's spent a decent amount of time in the woods from spring to fall has undoubtedly been within touching distance without knowing it. That should also tell you how reluctant they are to actually bite.

I personally know more people that have stepped on or accidentally grabbed them than I know people who've been bitten.

Copperheads are also fairly mild. Many bites need no antivenin treatment and in the last 40+ years there's only been 1 copperhead snakebite death in TN... and that dude had an anaphylactic response because he'd been bitten once before. Both times he'd been handling the snakes that bit him. For the vast majority of bites the concern is just the degree of tissue and nerve damage which is usually a factor of time until treatment starts. Many people have no lingering effects, some have long-term tissue or nerve damage around the affected area.

Anyone who's spent a decent amount of time in the woods from spring to fall has undoubtedly been within touching distance without knowing it. That should also tell you how reluctant they are to actually bite.

I personally know more people that have stepped on or accidentally grabbed them than I know people who've been bitten.

Copperheads are also fairly mild. Many bites need no antivenin treatment and in the last 40+ years there's only been 1 copperhead snakebite death in TN... and that dude had an anaphylactic response because he'd been bitten once before. Both times he'd been handling the snakes that bit him. For the vast majority of bites the concern is just the degree of tissue and nerve damage which is usually a factor of time until treatment starts. Many people have no lingering effects, some have long-term tissue or nerve damage around the affected area.
I once picked up and carried a roll of roofing felt by sticking my fingers in the ends. When I unrolled it, there was a copperhead in it. Had apparently crawled into its center b/c the black roll had been solar-heating.

Nearly pooped myself. It just lazily crawled off.

I know where it's at and still almost missed it, 😆

Look for the diamonds - easy peasy. ;) I take comfort in the knowledge copperheads only appear in fall and under cover of the perfect patch of fallen leaves. They don't exist in summer or spring or on rocks or in grass or near water or on pavement or up against the odd tree or anywhere else.

You sound suspiciously like the guy trying to convince me that sharks don't deserve to be murdered en masse because they're cute cuddly fish that rarely cause us more than a nibble's worth of harm. Hmmmm..... :mad:

Reactions: SoilVol and ACvol3
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back