‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Pitt, Florida, Kentucky, and Diet USC are all winnable games. I don’t think 9-3 would necessarily be overachieving. It would be extremely impressive, but it wouldn’t really shock me
Let's say that by "winnable" you mean we should win them 70% of the time. Statistically, there is only a 24.01% chance of winning all 4, a 65.17% chance of winning at least 3, a 91.63% chance of winning at least 2. So, to say that we "should" win all four does not mean we will.

Turnage can be a true corner but we didn’t think we had a true NB without Theo. I think Flowers and Charles are a lock to start, but I feel like one will be at NB. In my mind, this is the depth chart for ‘22…
CB: Hadden, Williams, Rucker
CB: Turnage, Burrell, Harrison
NB: Charles, Walker, Slaughter
S: McCollough, McDonald, Thomas
S: Flowers, Turrentine
If I had my pick though, I’d move Turrentine ahead of McCollough. Martinez plays it safe though.

It is nice having so many options. Hopefully someone steps up and has an elite season

Let's say that by "winnable" you mean we should win them 70% of the time. Statistically, there is only a 24.01% chance of winning all 4, a 65.17% chance of winning at least 3, a 91.63% chance of winning at least 2. So, to say that we "should" win all four does not mean we will.

Love this.

Many folks seem to undestimate this when doing their binary WIN or LOSE predictions.

A team could be the "favorite" of 51%-49% all 12 games. So they're statistically predicted to be 6-6 essentially, not 12-0.

The dawgs are loaded on defense as usual in their current recruiting class. The fact they still want this kid to visit still tells you all you need to know about this kids talent. We can't afford to lose him to the mutts. Could be one of those croots they're trying to keep from us.

Is he a CB or safety? Georgia took 4 CB's in the 2022 class and has 3 committed in the 2023 class. I haven't seen much message board chatter about taking another CB in this class, but I guess it's possible if someone decommits or transfers. I'm pretty sure they'd take another safety though.

Is he a CB or safety? Georgia took 4 CB's in the 2022 class and has 3 committed in the 2023 class. I haven't seen much message board chatter about taking another CB in this class, but I guess it's possible if someone decommits or transfers. I'm pretty sure they'd take another safety though.
He's all corner.

It is interesting that you think it was the players or position coach though and not the scheme or playcalling. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't UT just put two DB's in the NFL? That reflects on the player. That also reflects on the DB coach and especially in the case of Jackson.

I really like Heupel. I like the guys he brought in for his staff. I don't like to talk any of them down at this point. We need to see more. But Banks to me was the most questionable hire and still is.

AGAIN, I am saying after this season. While yes 2 DBs got drafted. How much development did Martinez actual do for those guys though? Why is it ok to question Banks but not Martinez? I am not really talking down to Martinez. Only saying that if our secondary doesn’t improve, or gets worse, it’s fair to look at Martinez coaching abilities.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
I know many people want this kid because he ran a 4.3 and jumped 40" at UGA camp.

There are three 5 star CBs in his own state this year. There's a huge rankings gap between himself and those guys, but there's no way it could be that wide...

Very curious to see how each of their films looks at years end.

I have a feeling this kid is going to be a Vol.

AGAIN, I am saying after this season. While yes 2 DBs got drafted. How much development did Martinez actual do for those guys though? Why is it ok to question Banks but not Martinez? I am not really talking down to Martinez. Only saying that if our secondary doesn’t improve, or gets worse, it’s fair to look at Martinez coaching abilities.

🤔

“Under Martinez’s leadership, Tennessee produced multiple defensive back draft picks in the first six rounds of a draft for the first time since 2000 when Jackson and Taylor heard their names called in April 2022. Taylor went pick No. 49 overall in the second round to the New Orleans Saints, while Jackson’s hometown Tennessee Titans took him in the sixth round at pick No. 204. The Vols were one of only three SEC programs and eight teams nationally to produce multiple defensive backs in the entire 2022 NFL Draft.”

Caleb Downs still announcing Wednesday? Bama still thought to lead GA there? I got the impression that is the guy GA could miss on and who figures indirectly here.

Downs probably Bama, 2nd choice OSU. Georgia missed on him sometime in the distant past when they didn't recruit his father or his brother.

🤔

“Under Martinez’s leadership, Tennessee produced multiple defensive back draft picks in the first six rounds of a draft for the first time since 2000 when Jackson and Taylor heard their names called in April 2022. Taylor went pick No. 49 overall in the second round to the New Orleans Saints, while Jackson’s hometown Tennessee Titans took him in the sixth round at pick No. 204. The Vols were one of only three SEC programs and eight teams nationally to produce multiple defensive backs in the entire 2022 NFL Draft.”
oh great, another willie martinez debates

VN Store

Back